Stolen Transition tr250 2011

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Stolen Transition tr250 2011
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:42 Quote
Hello all, as some of you may have seen on various forums I've had my beloved transition tr250 stolen. It was taken from my house last week after being followed from a local trail centre

My house is near Cirencester, Gloucestershire. So anyone in nearby areas like the forest of dean or stroud it would be greatly appreciated if you see anything.

The bike is a yellow model in size medium. It is completely stock but has black 8 balls on the tubes and a large white 'noahs ark bike shop' sticker on the top tube.

Those are easily removed by the theives but hopefully they might be stupid enough not to.

Here is the build of the bike and a photo:
Fox DHX RC4
Fox 36 Van 180 RC2 Black
TBC Temple Lite
Kore Torsion 800x35mm - cut down to 775mm and bent on the right!
FSA Gravity DX Pro
Truvativ Descendent GXP83 36t
Avid Elixir CR 200mm rotors
Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 3C
Thomson Elite
TBC Park N Ride Diamond Stitch
ODI Ruffian
SRAM PG-950 11-26
TBC Revolution 32 150
SRAM X9 RR 9SPD
SRAM X9 SHORT CAGE 9SPD
Hive SRS+ ISCG05 32-36 Black
KMC X9.93

STOLEN. My transition tr250.

If anyone see's anything please contact me on 07791397069.
Thank you. Salute

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:45 Quote
unlucky dude ill look out for it and are you getting a demo now

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:46 Quote
kipmtb12345 wrote:
unlucky dude ill look out for it and are you getting a demo now
Cheers buddy. Yeah would've had to wait till march for another transition and got a decent deal for a new demo so I went for it

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:47 Quote
how was it stolen then man just curious ??? did you leave it outside the house

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:48 Quote
Nahh it was locked in my shed and they broke through the padlock on it

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:48 Quote
sucks unlucky mate Frown

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:51 Quote
That pisses me off.....wonder if there is bike insurance for theft. Probably property theft insurance. Damn I'm getting that when I'm older

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:58 Quote
Yeah there are some specific bike insurers over in the UK but mine was just under the property insurance.

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 9:58 Quote
Definitely keep eyes peeled mate. Worthless shits, so unlucky, so they followed you home? That's quite worrying, I've seen a few people in vans spot my bike in the back of the car and have seemed to follow but never right to the door... Will be more aware of that in future. If there's any distinguishing marks on it PM me and I'll check over bikes when I see them. Cheers mate!

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 10:02 Quote
Cheers buddy! Yeah my local shop said they've heard thats whats happening now, they see you've got a nice bike and follow you home with it and will come back a couple of days later. Sadly I cant think of any marks on it to be honest, the only marks will be a smashed to shit chainstay but thats covered with the tape now.

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 11:44 Quote
ill keep a look out in my neck of the woods pal!! ill let you know if i see anything that reaaly sucks sorry to hear it Frown

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 11:52 Quote
Sorry to hear about the theft... bad times. There's a lot of this going on and we all need to keep our eyes peeled and be wary of people following you home.

You might want to take a look at this site: http://www.bikeshepherd.org/ and also this one http://bikeshd.co.uk/ which aggregates all the adverts of second hand bikes on gumtree and ebay.

Good luck in getting it back!

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 12:05 Quote
Sorry dude Im in Canada, but if I see anything I'll give you a heads up!

Posted: Jan 24, 2012 at 12:13 Quote
Cheers for that fraktiv! I'll keep an eye out on there. Aha sorry I just added everyone on my friend list

Posted: Jan 25, 2012 at 3:09 Quote
fraktiv wrote:
Sorry to hear about the theft... bad times. There's a lot of this going on and we all need to keep our eyes peeled and be wary of people following you home.

You might want to take a look at this site: http://www.bikeshepherd.org/ and also this one http://bikeshd.co.uk/ which aggregates all the adverts of second hand bikes on gumtree and ebay.

Good luck in getting it back!

That's really useful, thanks buddy! I know a few peeps who have had their bikes pinched so sites like that could be ideal for finding them again! I hope everyone makes a note of their frame and fork serial numbers (even brakes etc) as having all this information can help identify your bike and prove it's yours!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012141
Mobile Version of Website