2010 Onza Bird Custom Carbon Booster / Mounts (ignore the first page of posts)

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
2010 Onza Bird Custom Carbon Booster / Mounts (ignore the first page of posts)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2012 at 12:11 Quote
Do you have an Onza RIP, and hate that 20" rear wheel? Well then this thread is for you!
As like most of us, we run a 19" wheel on the back. On the RIP the brake mount positions are pushed forward, and they are pushed in further towards the center of the wheel. I'm doing this because i can't run HS33's on a 47mm rim because the rim doesn't even fit between the brakes!

From the v-mounts, the booster will be below the original mounts by about 1/8", and it will have the bottom side of the mounts built into the booster for easy setup, and it will have two clamps for the top.

Pics will be up soon, we have the design. It will be cut via waterjet and we will mill out the rest.

My RIP budget build
Have to make a custom brake booster that has build in mounts so the brake will fit. This bike has v-posts positioned for a 20 wheel not a 19 so were fabricating custom mounts.
Have to make a custom brake booster that has build in mounts so the brake will fit. This bike has v-posts positioned for a 20 wheel not a 19 so were fabricating custom mounts.

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 10:14 Quote
Sounds pretty cool, i just want to wait and see how it turns out. tup

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 at 16:47 Quote
Let's try this.

Whoever can draw up a booster design that looks the best, I will cut it out on the water jet and use it On the bike. Anyone interested,

Posted: Feb 6, 2012 at 17:30 Quote
Sold the frame, bought an echo. lol

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 10:49 Quote
Razz just taking the easy way out then, but i suppose an Echo is better than an Onza Wink

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 12:37 Quote
Gee-Campbell wrote:
:P just taking the easy way out then, but i suppose an Echo is better than an Onza Wink
Exactly what i was thinking, to much trouble for a cheap frame. My brother on the other hand, is going to make one for his onza bird.

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 8:56 Quote
BrodieBiking wrote:
Exactly what i was thinking, to much trouble for a cheap frame. My brother on the other hand, is going to make one for his onza bird.

Onza Bird? Dont they already have 19" rear wheels? so there wouldnt be a point in the adaptor Confused ??

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 9:02 Quote
Gee-Campbell wrote:
BrodieBiking wrote:

Onza Bird? Dont they already have 19" rear wheels? so there wouldnt be a point in the adaptor Confused ??
Yes they do have an 19" wheel, but they can't work with 47mm rims. The spacing beteween the brake mounts is to small. So we have to make custom mounts.

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 9:08 Quote
ah right, so could you also build the adapter to fit HS33 mounts on it?

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 9:23 Quote
Gee-Campbell wrote:
ah right, so could you also build the adapter to fit HS33 mounts on it?
What do you mean? We are building the mounts to fit an hs33 Razz
Unless you mean the Echo SL, or TR or mounts, yes we can do it aswell

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 9:31 Quote
Oh right Razz I thought you were just putting v-brake mounts on it again haha, and them echo brakes are a bit of a pain to fit on, i used to use a echo TR and i could never get it set up properly Frown so it just went dual disc Big Grin

Posted: Feb 9, 2012 at 13:18 Quote
Haha, that would be pointless Razz The V-brakes fit on without problems. Oh man, hopefully i can get my TR mounts set up properly on my new frame Confused

Posted: Feb 10, 2012 at 12:35 Quote
Well i think the TR's should fit on just fine being a echo frame and all. Smile I was using my echo TR on a Inspired frame, thats most probably the reason it didnt set up properly cus the spacing at the back is different on Inspired frames Razz

Posted: Feb 10, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
Gee-Campbell wrote:
Well i think the TR's should fit on just fine being a echo frame and all. Smile I was using my echo TR on a Inspired frame, thats most probably the reason it didnt set up properly cus the spacing at the back is different on Inspired frames Razz
I am quite surprised, they fit on without any problems at all! Set up super nice Smile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018776
Mobile Version of Website