deemax's out of fashion?

PB Forum :: Downhill
deemax's out of fashion?
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:29 Quote
anyone got a front deemax they could weight??? i wana see how light it actually is

O+
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:32 Quote
louis2468routier wrote:
In my opinion the only reason they're going "out of style" is because theres plenty of competitive offerings from different companys.. Dt swiss, Sun ringle, Indy 9s'... Anywho the front wheel of a deemax is by far the stiffest, lightest wheel youll find on the market... I know theres guna be people who will beg to differ, but its obvious... Anyways the rear deemax sucks.. The hub requires ALOT of maintenance, Thats why you see alot guys swap it out for different hubs... Thats what ill be doing... Other than that I love my Deemaxs'!! Perfect blend of Flashy-ness and Functionnality!!

what other hubs can you get to fit the deemax rims
cause im thinking about doing the same as you

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:32 Quote
spag wrote:
anyone got a front deemax they could weight??? i wana see how light it actually is

2.4 pounds

1120 grams

Mod
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:36 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
just a question but is part of the reason why you're saying that the fact that you're selling some deemax's?

I got this set of Deemax as a present and I had already ordered a set of I9's laced to EX823 but I was waiting for them to come in. I also have another set of Deemax that I use as my primary race wheelset and as of now, I already have too many wheelsets and not enough bikes. Since my Deemax were new, I thought I would be able to get the most out of them but I have a wide variety of wheelsets. If people didn’t know me, some might think I have a wheel fetish if they saw all of them. I have Hadley's laced to D321, CK Pretty and Strong laced to EX823, I9's laced to EX823 and another set of Deemax that I used for a season of racing. All of these wheels are great and have their own pros and cons but I would be more than happy to ride another set of Deemax. I have never had a problem with them and I know I never will. Definitely a race proven wheel that has never disappointed me.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:37 Quote
a hope on 823 is .05 pounds heavier...

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:40 Quote
jefo wrote:
There out of style for me, I flatspotted/ cracked the paint on my 2006 front Deemax with 55 psi in the tire!

I did a drop off a 13 foot roof with a tranny and a 888...

I don't think they should flatspot so easily for being so expensive.

O, Bombshell crushers are better lol. 48 spokes, triple wall.
a pair of crusher rims are only 1.5 pounds heavier than a pair of deemax wheels, and theyre industructable
bombshells are the best ive been saying this for a while but no one seems to belive me

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:40 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
just a question but is part of the reason why you're saying that the fact that you're selling some deemax's?

I got this set of Deemax as a present and I had already ordered a set of I9's laced to EX823 but I was waiting for them to come in. I also have another set of Deemax that I use as my primary race wheelset and as of now, I already have too many wheelsets and not enough bikes. Since my Deemax were new, I thought I would be able to get the most out of them but I have a wide variety of wheelsets. If people didn’t know me, some might think I have a wheel fetish if they saw all of them. I have Hadley's laced to D321, CK Pretty and Strong laced to EX823, I9's laced to EX823 and another set of Deemax that I used for a season of racing. All of these wheels are great and have their own pros and cons but I would be more than happy to ride another set of Deemax. I have never had a problem with them and I know I never will. Definitely a race proven wheel that has never disappointed me.
Eek you have more wheels than my bike, my car, my other bike, my dirtbike, and me....put together. (want to donate a set to meRolleyes Wink )

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:41 Quote
spag wrote:

But the hope only has 24 engagement points, thats hardly better then a deore.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:44 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
spag wrote:

But the hope only has 24 engagement points, thats hardly better then a deore.

talking about front wheel, not rear.

have you ever ridden a hope?

you cannot have a conversation while riding beside someone who has one, you can hardly think beside someone who has one.

and that makes up for the lack of engagement

Mod
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:44 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
Eek you have more wheels than my bike, my car, my other bike, my dirtbike, and me....put together. (want to donate a set to meRolleyes Wink )[/Quote]

I told you I have a wheel fetish. Don't worry, they will all be put to use once my new frames arrive so I won't have any spares hanging around.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:46 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
Eek you have more wheels than my bike, my car, my other bike, my dirtbike, and me....put together. (want to donate a set to meRolleyes Wink )

I told you I have a wheel fetish. Don't worry, they will all be put to use once my new frames arrive so I won't have any spares hanging around.[/Quote]
new frames? what are you getting? and how many to put that many wheels to use?

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:50 Quote
Don't know if Deemax are out of fashion but I don't buy wheels for their look. They are the only UST factory wheelset I knew, I need to loose weight on my bike, I choosen to go tubeless! So Deemax, I'm counting on you as my RACE dedicated wheelset for the 08 season. Otherwise, my ringle/MTX are still here in backup.

Mod
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:55 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:

I told you I have a wheel fetish. Don't worry, they will all be put to use once my new frames arrive so I won't have any spares hanging around.
new frames? what are you getting? and how many to put that many wheels to use?[/Quote]

I am getting two new rides for sure and maybe a third if money permits but that third one will be a tight squeeze. I definitely need a new DH race bike since I sold the Stab Primo and I want to get an aggressive all mountain bike like a Reign X0 or an Intense 6.6. After those two builds I will be out of money most likely so I will have to put the hardtail on hold. Looks like I will be driving the old car instead of looking for a new one. Damn another year trying to shuttle with a g35. It doesn't work so well Frown

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:57 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

new frames? what are you getting? and how many to put that many wheels to use?

I am getting two new rides for sure and maybe a third if money permits but that third one will be a tight squeeze. I definitely need a new DH race bike since I sold the Stab Primo and I want to get an aggressive all mountain bike like a Reign X0 or an Intense 6.6. After those two builds I will be out of money most likely so I will have to put the hardtail on hold. Looks like I will be driving the old car instead of looking for a new one. Damn another year trying to shuttle with a g35. It doesn't work so well Frown [/Quote] old CAR? g35 what year is it? i used to shuttle with my Q20

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:59 Quote
Guess what is worst than yellow rims? ... Camo rims is what I call out of fashion rims! lolol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013920
Mobile Version of Website