deemax's out of fashion?

PB Forum :: Downhill
deemax's out of fashion?
Author Message
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 16:20 Quote
out of fashion is one thing dee maxs will never be their sik as aids lol

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 16:22 Quote
wkdrider69 wrote:
out of fashion is one thing dee maxs will never be their sik as aids lol

Out of the "pimp style" maybe with the I9, titanium hadley or red Dt Swiss...But never out of performance

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 16:37 Quote
jefo wrote:
There out of style for me, I flatspotted/ cracked the paint on my 2006 front Deemax with 55 psi in the tire!

I did a drop off a 13 foot roof with a tranny and a 888...

I don't think they should flatspot so easily for being so expensive.

O, Bombshell crushers are better lol. 48 spokes, triple wall.
a pair of crusher rims are only 1.5 pounds heavier than a pair of deemax wheels, and theyre industructable



only 1.5 pounds heavier? thats alot of weight mang u must really be nub

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 16:48 Quote
JonKranked wrote:
jefo wrote:
There out of style for me, I flatspotted/ cracked the paint on my 2006 front Deemax with 55 psi in the tire!

I did a drop off a 13 foot roof with a tranny and a 888...

I don't think they should flatspot so easily for being so expensive.

O, Bombshell crushers are better lol. 48 spokes, triple wall.
a pair of crusher rims are only 1.5 pounds heavier than a pair of deemax wheels, and theyre industructable



only 1.5 pounds heavier? thats alot of weight mang u must really be nub

lol, I mean if you wanted completly industructable rims (Basically Josh Bender Rims) they are only 1.5 pounds heavier

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 16:54 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
ride66 wrote:
harlieandhis250 wrote:
my bike is the mafia Big Grin

Nad mine the California Mafia:O
your intense is pretty intense! i wish my bombshells still said bombshell on it, just to give my bike a lil more something to look at!

Why do people always go in my profile to look at my ride! What if it was not my ride?Wink

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 17:15 Quote
wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
Eek you have more wheels than my bike, my car, my other bike, my dirtbike, and me....put together. (want to donate a set to meRolleyes Wink )

I told you I have a wheel fetish. Don't worry, they will all be put to use once my new frames arrive so I won't have any spares hanging around.
its the rim thats heavy its not drilled like normal rims so it can run tubeless

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 20:26 Quote
spag wrote:
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
spag wrote:
a hope on 823 is .05 pounds heavier...

But the hope only has 24 engagement points, thats hardly better then a deore.

talking about front wheel, not rear.

have you ever ridden a hope?

you cannot have a conversation while riding beside someone who has one, you can hardly think beside someone who has one.

and that makes up for the lack of engagement

Dude are you shitting me?

People who care about having a loud hub enough to sacrafice that much performance should just quit biking, they obviously complete posers that don't even ride for the fun of it they probably just want to sound all cool when they roll up to the lift line. For christs sake kids, having a loud hub will NOT add inches to your dick.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 21:55 Quote
KonaShred21 wrote:
are you kidding? I still think they're great! I've always thought of them as the best. some one name a rim better than Dee-Maxes


mavic 721's or 823's ( 823's are the same a dee maxes )

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 22:16 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
spag wrote:
s-t-e-v-e wrote:


But the hope only has 24 engagement points, thats hardly better then a deore.

talking about front wheel, not rear.

have you ever ridden a hope?

you cannot have a conversation while riding beside someone who has one, you can hardly think beside someone who has one.

and that makes up for the lack of engagement

Dude are you shitting me?

People who care about having a loud hub enough to sacrafice that much performance should just quit biking, they obviously complete posers that don't even ride for the fun of it they probably just want to sound all cool when they roll up to the lift line. For christs sake kids, having a loud hub will NOT add inches to your dick.

i was joking gosh

and for downhill you dont need that many engagements, i rode 24 for a while and it was fine, for street and trials then yes i do like more engagement but for dh it is not as noticeable. them being loud is just an added bonus. and the advantage to a loud hub is not when you are rolling up to a chairlift, it is when u come screaming up to the guy in front of u and he gets all neurvous from the sound and moves over.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
I have the widest Stan's rim laced 32, 14/15, brass nips to Dimension hubs. I bet it's lighter front and rear than Deemax and I haven't had to true them yet.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 0:20 Quote
for people with deemax what tire setup u guys using. my nevegal is a bitch to put on and i wanna go tubeless.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 1:11 Quote
Stinkyboy09 wrote:
for people with deemax what tire setup u guys using. my nevegal is a bitch to put on and i wanna go tubeless.

I was reading a thread on RideMonkey and interestingly enough some people are having great success with Maxxis Minions - the standard ones ( not the UST ).
I am considering taking my Nevegals off and fitting my 3C's to see how it works out.

Oh yeah - DeeMax's rule. Lightish, strong enough for what I do and UST stock.....




.... and they are Yellow lol

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 12:14 Quote
slowmtb wrote:
Stinkyboy09 wrote:
for people with deemax what tire setup u guys using. my nevegal is a bitch to put on and i wanna go tubeless.

I was reading a thread on RideMonkey and interestingly enough some people are having great success with Maxxis Minions - the standard ones ( not the UST ).
I am considering taking my Nevegals off and fitting my 3C's to see how it works out.

Oh yeah - DeeMax's rule. Lightish, strong enough for what I do and UST stock.....




.... and they are Yellow lol

yeah my nevegal is a bitch to put on
edit: i just remembered i actually had minions and they do work well


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013841
Mobile Version of Website