Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 14:26 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Pawns eh? He got shit he need to sell?

I was picturing a hub that ran on chess pieces.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 15:09 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:

Got a linky to one of those studies? Kinda interesting. I'm surprised it would make a big difference at a relatively low speed like 20mph, but I suppose it's plausible. I'd imagine a cross wind wouldn't help there.
Driving right now but Google velonews or cyclingnews and tire width, it was one of those two who did a really good article on it.
Will do. Salute
I like this guys take and thinking on the whole tire thing. There is also more on size and not just pressure on his blog. https://janheine.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/science-and-bicycles-1-tires-and-pressure/
https://janheine.wordpress.com/2013/05/23/tire-width-how-much-difference-do-a-few-millimeters-make/
https://janheine.wordpress.com/2015/11/19/why-wider-tires-corner-better/

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 15:44 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Axxe wrote:
Nobble wrote:
meh, I'm not sold on ceramic at all. Full ceramics are pretty poor under shock loading. The biggest advantage is precision and weight. They're great in vacuum and REALLLY fast applications where bearing inertia is an issue.

Hybrids defeat the purpose IMO. the steel races will just wear instead of the balls.

A high quality steel bearing will work just fine and save money. Hell, they use M50 tool steel bearings in aircraft jet engines.

I never bothered to put ceramics in my bikes, but I tried many types in my long boards. They all died prematurely. So now I just got a large bag of VXB for a tiny fraction of price, and they work just fine.

Cracked full ceramic race at speed was not fun. Instaseize.

Rocket Rons ceramics for skateboards. They have been fast and reliable for me.

Those are hybrid - ceramic balls only. Iirc. They are also 4 times as expensive as same exact hybrid shit direct from VXB.

I ain't saying they are bad. But now I have a bag of 100 regular ones, at under $0.50 a piece. Nylon races, good seals. And sewing machine oil. I think everything else is a ripoff.

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 16:10 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Axxe wrote:

I never bothered to put ceramics in my bikes, but I tried many types in my long boards. They all died prematurely. So now I just got a large bag of VXB for a tiny fraction of price, and they work just fine.

Cracked full ceramic race at speed was not fun. Instaseize.

Rocket Rons ceramics for skateboards. They have been fast and reliable for me.

Those are hybrid - ceramic balls only. Iirc. They are also 4 times as expensive as same exact hybrid shit direct from VXB.

I ain't saying they are bad. But now I have a bag of 100 regular ones, at under $0.50 a piece. Nylon races, good seals. And sewing machine oil. I think everything else is a ripoff.

IDK on the prices, it was along time ago and I know the owner of the shop, so I paid cost and there was a noticeable increase is speed.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 16:37 Quote
Brand spankin new XT M8000 11-42
Weight Game
New cassette for my 1x11, getting GX stuff tomorrow.

A whole 18 grams heavier.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 16:53 Quote
Does the weight of your cassette change with temperature ???:?:::@::@:@:@:#l;[l`[3lk544gteorihgoqierjgo[
qerjgijqetrbgp
-jg1

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 18:25 Quote
Not sure what the rest of your post was but it's a kitchen scale Razz

Not sure why you would need temp on a scale though.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:02 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Not sure why you would need temp on a scale though.

To measure ambient temperature.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:03 Quote
For baking?

(Oh no, we've gone way off topic)

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:10 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
For baking?

(Oh no, we've gone way off topic)

Seriously??

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:14 Quote
Yeah, floor and stuff is affected by ambient temperature IIRC. You gotta slightly change it depending on temp I think. But I'm a biker so meh.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:18 Quote
Never heard of that Razz a better cook than us both to give a lesson on how to bake
a cake

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:25 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
For baking?

For dressing up. Need to know what skirt to wear.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:43 Quote
That too lol

Edit Para Chris:

I know some stuff about baking but can't do it to save my life, last time I tried to make something I measured out all the ingredients and put it in one bowl and mixed it. Apparently your not supposed to.

Posted: Apr 20, 2016 at 20:58 Quote
I know how to cook pot brownies. College education FTW.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.098470
Mobile Version of Website