Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 9:21 Quote
Rotational protection...... So the outer and inner layer are supposed to break free from each other when you crash and slip a minuscule amount. So I suppose the slipping of the helmet on your hair or the movement of the pads isn't enough.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 10:01 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Rotational protection...... So the outer and inner layer are supposed to break free from each other when you crash and slip a minuscule amount. So I suppose the slipping of the helmet on your hair or the movement of the pads isn't enough.
negative

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 10:22 Quote
I believe that rotational forces can cause concussions and that mips helps. But I am sure that there will be some big improvements, and that now isn't really the time to go and get a mips helmet. Especially if you aren't looking to buy a new one.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 11:15 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Mips is the biggest load of bullshit ever....

By far not the biggest. At least it is not directly harmful.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 11:17 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
I believe that rotational forces can cause concussions and that mips helps.

Allegedly helps. Count me not convinced with their data nor with their alleged mechanism.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 11:48 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:

No, it really isn't. You want that inner shell to hug your head, while the outside takes the brunt of the force and load.

T- Rotational forces typically result more in neck issues than concussion.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 11:58 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Love it when someone says something is bullshit just because they're not bright enough to grasp the science behind it.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 12:30 Quote
No need to be feisty.

Will, what you said, in the most patronizing way I can describe, would be akin to saying; "you don't need padding in a helmet, that's what your hair is for." One is specifically engineered to give a certain result. One keeps your noggin warm and birds in the yard.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 13:10 Quote
http://dirtmountainbike.com/news/cesar-rojo-launches-unno-cycles.html

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 16:00 Quote
waldo1 wrote:
http://dirtmountainbike.com/news/cesar-rojo-launches-unno-cycles.html

Dirt articles have gone to shit recently. this one being a prime example.
Steve jones need to retire, he cant write to save his life.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 16:07 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Tmonster2301 wrote:

Allegedly helps. Count me not convinced with their data nor with their alleged mechanism.
I don't think it's drastic enough. I've messed with one and it moves a few mm but that's it.

IMO the helmet shell should explode off and then and give unlimited rotation Razz

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 16:57 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Axxe wrote:
Tmonster2301 wrote:

I don't think it's drastic enough. I've messed with one and it moves a few mm but that's it.

IMO the helmet shell should explode off and then and give unlimited rotation Razz
The pins break on impact increasing rotation

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 18:00 Quote
Didn't know that,(Facepalm ) I even watched all the videos on it because I was just buying a new helmet...

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 18:03 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

The pins break on impact increasing rotation

For the weight, bulk, and price increase of this system I would rather buy a helmet with better coverage.

Posted: Apr 17, 2016 at 18:04 Quote
What do you mean by "better coverage"?

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032041
Mobile Version of Website