Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 14:43 Quote
theminsta wrote:
riish wrote:
late to the POE discussion, but also worth considering that there's a point past which having extra engagement points impacts negatively on the rear suspension actuation. if you've got a low POE hub, it doesn't engage as quickly when the suspension compresses and lets the suspension move more easily. small differences, and it depends on the bike's level of pedal kickback, but noticeable.

I was concerned about this but I haven't noticed it when I session 30ft doubles, 40ft step-downs and 50ft jumps. Maybe I would notice them at 60ft?? I also don't grab my rear brake, but I do on my DJ.. haven't noticed the hub on the DJs either.

tell me more about your e-peen.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 15:10 Quote
chunter wrote:
Circe wrote:
Anyone remember Hadley hubs?

Best hubs I've ever ridden, should've kept them when I sold my damn bike

Agreed, so good. I have one on a wheel that I'm not using, but I'm definitely not going to sell it. It was pricey new but it comes stock with titanium everything, rolls fast, and has been exceptionally reliable.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 15:24 Quote
riish wrote:
theminsta wrote:
riish wrote:
late to the POE discussion, but also worth considering that there's a point past which having extra engagement points impacts negatively on the rear suspension actuation. if you've got a low POE hub, it doesn't engage as quickly when the suspension compresses and lets the suspension move more easily. small differences, and it depends on the bike's level of pedal kickback, but noticeable.

I was concerned about this but I haven't noticed it when I session 30ft doubles, 40ft step-downs and 50ft jumps. Maybe I would notice them at 60ft?? I also don't grab my rear brake, but I do on my DJ.. haven't noticed the hub on the DJs either.

It's 70ft long.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 15:27 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
riish wrote:
theminsta wrote:

It's 70ft long.

Pinkbike feet. Anyone have the conversion value at hand?

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 15:37 Quote
Circe wrote:

Hell yeah. Rebecca Hadley worked at the old shop I was at. Only like a year.
Hadley is still doing hubs but that is not their main business. They do high end machining. Hubs are just a side project. They are easy to rebuild and last a hella long time

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 15:45 Quote
Loved my Hadley hubs. Bomb proof.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 17:53 Quote
Now that everyone got their hub preferences off their chest, what about rims?

DT Swiss EX511 or....? EX511 seems like the way to go IMO.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 18:40 Quote
I've still got some hadleys, best hubs outside of onyx, great engagement but less drag than a king.

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 20:16 Quote
How loud are dt 240s?

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 20:31 Quote
DirtJumperYo wrote:
How loud are dt 240s?

Depends on the ratchet and lube level.

Stock, not much. 54T rachet, Bzzzzzzz!

Posted: Nov 13, 2016 at 21:12 Quote
DirtJumperYo wrote:
How loud are dt 240s?

the 18t is super quiet stock, I put a little trans fluid in mine to make it silent.

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 0:00 Quote
I ran 350s with 18t bone dry. That was loud as f*ck!
Nice thing is that just a little bit of oil/grease silences them up completely.

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 0:06 Quote
shoshy wrote:
I ran 350s with 18t bone dry. That was loud as f*ck!
Nice thing is that just a little bit of oil/grease silences them up completely.

Same thing with Hopes. I put grease in my old set of Pro2 because they were so damn loud. The grease went a long way in muting it.

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 11:05 Quote
seraph wrote:
Circe wrote:

BTI still sells them. They're pretty current actually, offering Boost spacing options now. They still don't have a website and they only make hubs. Also they're pretty pricey. I always wanted a set but the price is hard to justify.
had a set on my old demo they are a solid well made hub I would of bought them for the solo but their was no boost option when I looked, so ended up with pro4s I forgot how bloody loud hopes were i find myself pedalling more just to shut them up need to pack some grease in their. I much prefer my kings noise wise

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 11:27 Quote
For a brand that does zero marketing, never appears at shows, and has no OEM presence, it's cool to see how many Hadley fans there are. I still have two sets.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021015
Mobile Version of Website