Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 4, 2017 at 23:50 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Tmonster2301 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Jenson occasionally has stupid deals on tires... I once got 12 3c dhf's for $12 each.
I don't understand how they profit from that...

That's like 85% off.
They don't. It's freeing up room for new product that they can make a profit on.
Exactly... the profited off of the 10,000 they sold before those. Now they're just clearing shelf space.

Posted: May 4, 2017 at 23:54 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
Destroyed a minion ss exo today, used a dynaplug to repair the hole in the tread (worked with two plugs and orange seal) but it still needed a tube as the sidewall bead was shot by the rim and wouldn't seal. Hopefully the massive supply of Schwalbe tires I got from Jenson for 10 bucks each hold up better.
That last bit makes me skeptical, and the fact that they are schwalbe....

schwalbe make awesome tyres. particularly the SG ones.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2017 at 0:30 Quote
riish wrote:
Tmonster2301 wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
Destroyed a minion ss exo today, used a dynaplug to repair the hole in the tread (worked with two plugs and orange seal) but it still needed a tube as the sidewall bead was shot by the rim and wouldn't seal. Hopefully the massive supply of Schwalbe tires I got from Jenson for 10 bucks each hold up better.
That last bit makes me skeptical, and the fact that they are schwalbe....

schwalbe make awesome tyres. particularly the SG ones.

Excellent, I got 10 hans dampfs in various casings, and 6 fat albert snakeskins arrived in the mail the other day so should be good for a while, haha all were 10 bucks each and tubeless ready with free shipping. Some are super gravity and some are snakeskin. Figured for 10 bucks each may as well stock up... 8 for the price of 1 haha.

All they have left is pacestar and performance in HD

http://www.jensonusa.com/Schwalbe-Hans-Dampf-26-Tire

Still some 2.4 fat albert snakeskins available

http://www.jensonusa.com/Schwalbe-Fat-Albert-26-Tire

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 16:18 Quote
Currently looking for a 130-140mm bike to replace my nomad as i want something more playful. Been trying to decide between a yeti sb5, evil calling, 5010 was wondering what your guys opinion was on any of these as I've only rode the 5010

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 16:46 Quote
Ride a Transition scout.

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 16:54 Quote
Graphically, the SB5 is brilliant.

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 16:58 Quote
Yeti or evil would be one hard choice. I think.

O+
Posted: May 5, 2017 at 19:14 Quote
Intense spider 275c

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 19:25 Quote
I'd go evil because I love my Insurgent. I don't really have expirience with any of the other bikes you talked about but if I were to buy a 130-140 bike, I would almost surely buy the Calling.

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 22:33 Quote
macross87 wrote:
Yeti or evil would be one hard choice. I think.

kinda where I'm at the 5010 didn't really wow me with its playfulness

Posted: May 5, 2017 at 23:03 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Ride a Transition scout.

this would be a good option I think.

Posted: May 6, 2017 at 4:47 Quote
EVIIILLLLLL. Calling has the capability to hang with bikes with an inch or more of rear travel, yet still playful as hell. Its not the lightest trail bike out there, but pedals, and sprints quite well and the weight is all near BB so its not noticable.

Whoring her out
photo

Posted: May 6, 2017 at 6:16 Quote
Recluse, process, heihei trail, scout, calling.

Posted: May 6, 2017 at 7:00 Quote
I really dig the process, they just pedal so terribly. Recluse is another good call, tho I know of a buddy who just broke his frame...

O+
Posted: May 6, 2017 at 8:10 Quote
Tear the fork thru head tube?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040080
Mobile Version of Website