Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: May 18, 2017 at 11:08 Quote
Jeebus I didn't even know Sinister was still around. Then again it doesn't look like they've updated their website in 5 years so maybe they arent.

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 11:36 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I feel like I'm leg short for being 6' as I've noticed more recently that my large size frame with a 50mm stem and 800mm bars feels about 20mm too short. I'm constantly reminding myself to sit further forward on the saddle and that I shouldn't be running my seat the whole way back on the rails (especially considering my seat post has got 15mm setback!)

I wear 32-33" inseam and I'm 6'.

I ride a bike with 19.6" seat tub and 33" standover and I run a 125mm dropper. 50mm stem and 800mm bars. 451mm reach.

The only reason I'd run a 150mm post is if the majority of bikes get longer reach and considerably shorter seat tube. I'd essentially need a XL in terms of length but a medium in terms of seatpost to comfortably fit a 150mm dropper.
Thats not short legged... I'm 6' with a 30" inseam, I'm all torso lol

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
Yeah I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam. Long-legged for my height. I use short stems because bikes that fit me generally have huge top tubes.

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 11:48 Quote
I'm 5.11 30"inseam on a large solo with about 10mm out the frame,150 dropper and it would be nice to have that extra 10mm in drop but It doesn't restrict my riding. Seats is a touch forward with a 35mm stem. I'm just waiting for the specialized dropper that tilts the seat back as it goes down imo that would be a game changer in the dropper post world

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 12:23 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Thats not short legged... I'm 6' with a 30" inseam, I'm all torso lol

Or you just wear capris everywhere. Haha

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 12:25 Quote
Capris on my wife look like regular pants on average height people.

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 14:31 Quote
Anybody know what kinda tape this might be?

Looks kinda like helicopter tape, but almost like it might allow some movement in the cable.

Catharine Pendrel

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 14:35 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Anybody know what kinda tape this might be?

Looks kinda like helicopter tape, but almost like it might allow some movement in the cable.

Catharine Pendrel

It's not tape per se, it's part of the Di2 routing kit.

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 14:36 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Anybody know what kinda tape this might be?

Looks kinda like helicopter tape, but almost like it might allow some movement in the cable.

Catharine Pendrel
You mean the black tape that doesn't look at all like helicopter tape?

I think it just looks like it allows movement because its not pressed down and adhered tightly around the cable. I would bet on just heavy duty electrical tape applied for a limited number of runs and changed as needed over it being some super special tape.

Edit - Apparently I was wrong. Be cool if Shimano sold that on its own.

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Anybody know what kinda tape this might be?

Looks kinda like helicopter tape, but almost like it might allow some movement in the cable.

Catharine Pendrel
You mean the black tape that doesn't look at all like helicopter tape?

I think it just looks like it allows movement because its not pressed down and adhered tightly around the cable. I would bet on just heavy duty electrical tape applied for a limited number of runs and changed as needed over it being some super special tape.

Edit - Apparently I was wrong. Be cool if Shimano sold that on its own.
I've been able to get extra from the real
Rep. I would love a long section for the chain steady on my fuzx

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
seraph wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Anybody know what kinda tape this might be?

Looks kinda like helicopter tape, but almost like it might allow some movement in the cable.


It's not tape per se, it's part of the Di2 routing kit.

Indeed it is. They call them "wire covers", but they are adhesive pieces of plastic molded into the channel shape.

I wonder if they are large enough to fit over cable housing?

Posted: May 18, 2017 at 15:04 Quote
PHeller wrote:
seraph wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Anybody know what kinda tape this might be?

Looks kinda like helicopter tape, but almost like it might allow some movement in the cable.


It's not tape per se, it's part of the Di2 routing kit.

Indeed it is. They call them "wire covers", but they are adhesive pieces of plastic molded into the channel shape.

I wonder if they are large enough to fit over cable housing?

IIRC they are large enough, yes. But not large enough to allow movement.

Posted: May 19, 2017 at 1:07 Quote
seraph wrote:
PHeller wrote:
seraph wrote:


It's not tape per se, it's part of the Di2 routing kit.

Indeed it is. They call them "wire covers", but they are adhesive pieces of plastic molded into the channel shape.

I wonder if they are large enough to fit over cable housing?

IIRC they are large enough, yes. But not large enough to allow movement.

Use plastic drinking straws and gorilla/electrical tape?

Posted: May 19, 2017 at 4:00 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
150mm with maybe 10mm not inserted into the frame, my legs aren't long enough for a longer dropper.

I'm 5' 7" and 150 is just about perfect for me. Any more would be too much. My buddy is about my height and he actually ditched his 150mm for a 125mm.

Side note- with a 150mm drop I find the seat angle starts to become a thing. The angle you need to keep it at is not ideal in the lowest or tallest setting. I imagine anything over 150mm would really start to become annoying at the extremes.

Someone needs to invent a post that cants the seat properly as it moves through the travel.

Posted: May 19, 2017 at 5:39 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
150mm with maybe 10mm not inserted into the frame, my legs aren't long enough for a longer dropper.

I'm 5' 7" and 150 is just about perfect for me. Any more would be too much. My buddy is about my height and he actually ditched his 150mm for a 125mm.

Side note- with a 150mm drop I find the seat angle starts to become a thing. The angle you need to keep it at is not ideal in the lowest or tallest setting. I imagine anything over 150mm would really start to become annoying at the extremes.

Someone needs to invent a post that cants the seat properly as it moves through the travel.
Cough specialized cough

Interested to see how it does in terms of reliability if it makes production. Sounds like it could be creaky


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.050435
Mobile Version of Website