Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 0:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Axxe wrote:
That's the gist of it. You can't get wealthy by raping customers. As they go elsewhere.

But blame the direct sales, sure.

Y'know, the constant hate of bike shops, the references to rape, etc.

I'm starting to believe you had a really bad experience behind a shop at one point in your life. I'm sorry, but there are trained professionals out there for this sort of issue.

Have gotten a couple random tips lately for going above and beyond what need be done, and doing so in a rapid timespan. Can't say my customers feel taken advantage of, and you make sure to link me to the first online shop that sells bike labour and maintenance.

I am all for good service and maintenance. Gladly pay for good wheelbuilds. Rest I can do myself though, but obviously I am in the minority.

But that has nothing to do with margin on parts and their selection and availability, doesn't it?

Just like good professional services outlets do just fine with cloud computing transition, so will good service bike shops.

As far as your sexual fantasies, you would do better without voicing them out.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 5:55 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Best aluminium 150-165mm bikes?

The best, Orbea Rallon!!

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 6:11 Quote
Edit; on second thought, don't need to get this going again. Has already been a waste of time.

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 13:02 Quote
splayleg wrote:
Check out how many peeps are running ex471 on the dh circut with Maxxis 2.5. Choice set up is maybe ex511 front but def 471 in the back. 25mm internal isn't slowing hart down that much and not having a tire only slowed gwin down a little on that run

great combo.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 13:32 Quote
Hope Pro 4's laced up to some 471 rims for $675, not bad, might just be the winner!

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 13:36 Quote
kev1n wrote:
Hope Pro 4's laced up to some 471 rims for $675, not bad, might just be the winner!
have you looked at the WTB frequency series? My I25's held up really well last season on the DH bike. (Procore probably helped some too)

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 16:29 Quote
kev1n wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2004467/
Dave built me some flash green i9 Stan arch 29er wheels for 75$ more. Might be worth asking him if he can get dt swiss rims as they are about the same price

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 16:54 Quote
i like my 471, but they have me asking if there is something stiffer out there. seems like my alloy wheelset is getting the most use these days while my carbons keep getting warrantied. Facepalm Facepalm

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 19:55 Quote
splayleg wrote:
kev1n wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2004467/
Dave built me some flash green i9 Stan arch 29er wheels for 75$ more. Might be worth asking him if he can get dt swiss rims as they are about the same price

He's the man I'm talking to about getting a wheelset built haha! Is this man a wheel building wizard?

It's 100 dollar difference between spank rims and the DT swiss ones... has me wondering

Posted: Jun 2, 2017 at 21:15 Quote
Hobo1337 wrote:
i like my 471, but they have me asking if there is something stiffer out there. seems like my alloy wheelset is getting the most use these days while my carbons keep getting warrantied. Facepalm Facepalm

I was the same way running LB rims or enves, all my Nobl's have been awesome, haven't broken one yet!

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 0:13 Quote
J-Carmichael wrote:
Hobo1337 wrote:

I was the same way running LB rims or enves, all my Nobl's have been awesome, haven't broken one yet!
+1 for lb rims running two sets of 38s in am and dh layups been faultless

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 0:39 Quote
I have a set of Nextie 42mm rims I'll hopefully be building up next week. They seem to be of high quality from a materials and construction standpoint.

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 7:19 Quote
Yeah I'm through 3 rovals and one enve in the last 6 months. Gonna keep trying cause I can't beat that feeling of a stiff carbon hoop

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 9:34 Quote
New Santa Cruz wheels look interesting. Lifetime warranty.

Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
Circe wrote:
New Santa Cruz wheels look interesting. Lifetime warranty.

Hoops making more money than bikes .. everyone wants a piece

Lifetime warranty .. SC don't say that lightly. How much $$'s?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039997
Mobile Version of Website