Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
Has anyone here ever tested between Enve, Raceface SixC, and/or Renthal carbon bars one the same bike and same tire (and Insert) setup? If you actually have done this test, which did you feel was best and why?

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 14:43 Quote
dirtnapped wrote:
Try the e13 TRS tires. Feels thicker than an EXO, and the grip is phenomenal, even the harder compound one. So I can continue to take stupid lines I'm running the Double Down Aggressor in the back though.
I agree. TRS tires are the shit

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 15:28 Quote
RollinFoSho wrote:
Has anyone here ever tested between Enve, Raceface SixC, and/or Renthal carbon bars one the same bike and same tire (and Insert) setup? If you actually have done this test, which did you feel was best and why?
Had Minnaar bars and sixc's on my old Glory / M9. I liked the envy bend better, cant say I preferred one or the other for compliance or ride quality though.

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 1:53 Quote
pbullard2017 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:
Try the e13 TRS tires. Feels thicker than an EXO, and the grip is phenomenal, even the harder compound one. So I can continue to take stupid lines I'm running the Double Down Aggressor in the back though.

As stated above, good tires either compound. Good weight vs performance

Split the combo here too as no need for the rear - impressive tires that wear fairly quick but give confidence inspiring levels of grip.

You guys race these, so that says a lot

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 9:45 Quote
Is it me there is blind or something, I can't find the replay from uci dh, only the xc thing.

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 12:30 Quote
pbullard2017 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

Same toughness as a DD/SG tyre? If so I'd try some.

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 12:58 Quote
Haven't tried SG yet, but definitely tougher and thicker than EXO and Snakeskin.

If your trails destroy tires maybe give it a go up front and stick with something burlier in the back.

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 14:48 Quote
riish wrote:
pbullard2017 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

Definitely not as burly as SG. TRS tires are fairly light compared to SG but have sturdy sidewalks and in my experience excellent puncture resistance. I ran three different sets of TRS without any issues in really rocky terrain. I'm currently on the new addix magic mary SG and it seems to mute the trail more. I'd say it's worth a try, I'd still be on the trs tires if my shop didn't run out of them when I needed tires.

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 17:40 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
pbullard2017 wrote:
dirtnapped wrote:

As stated above, good tires either compound. Good weight vs performance

Split the combo here too as no need for the rear - impressive tires that wear fairly quick but give confidence inspiring levels of grip.

You guys race these, so that says a lot

Looove those tires, currently out of stock for another month it looks like. I'll keep 'er tuned!

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 17:59 Quote
Hopefully they come out with some more tread patterns!

Posted: Aug 27, 2017 at 18:44 Quote
Winning the weight game when my new saddle gets here. Went with Clap's recommendation for a flatter saddle than my Bel Air 2.0 and switched to a Circuit MTN Carbon. Got one for the roadie too. Hopefully the flatter front end is going to help with any...discomfort I'm experiencing as well.

Bel Air 2.0 is roughly 230g, Circuit Carbon is 185g claimed.

photo

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 0:15 Quote
ElStig wrote:
riish wrote:
pbullard2017 wrote:

Definitely not as burly as SG. TRS tires are fairly light compared to SG but have sturdy sidewalks and in my experience excellent puncture resistance. I ran three different sets of TRS without any issues in really rocky terrain. I'm currently on the new addix magic mary SG and it seems to mute the trail more. I'd say it's worth a try, I'd still be on the trs tires if my shop didn't run out of them when I needed tires.

I've never had issues on SG tyres, but I hated the only EXO tyres I had, they spent one day on the bike then got sold off. Folded over in corners even at 35-40psi, didn't get the chance to set them up tubeless, and ended up with 6 pinch flats in that day. magic Mary's i can run at 20-24psi without problems, haven't flatted or burped a tyre since I put them on,

Posted: Aug 28, 2017 at 7:49 Quote
yeah i run an exo on the front and either a DD or a DH casing on the rear with Cush Core. Super stable, and been pretty lucky as far as punctures and the like go.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2017 at 9:33 Quote
Running Vittoria Morsa 2.3's right now. 900g on the nose, working out pretty well so far

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040211
Mobile Version of Website