Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 13:11 Quote
People suck I wish my customers were dogs.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 13:16 Quote
Meh, most of the time I enjoy it, but there are some that do make you rethink your existence Facepalm

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 13:34 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I need to really sit down and figure out what to do.. . Aviation is really neat and the pay is better, but I miss the customer interaction and industry vibe from the bike shop..

The other issue is I love where I live and don't want to move for a job.. Ha

Are you still in Spokane? Or did you go back to Couer D'Alene? That area of the country is really attractive to me. I could see ending up there after a stint in Asheville, Chattanooga or *sigh* Florida. Gotta give me kiddo some time around grandparents before the kick the bucket, but afterwhich I'll probably come back west.

Current career is Utilities/Energy, but I've always been fascinated with "traveling tech" or "assignment" based jobs, although it's hard to live your own life when most of it is spent in hotels away from family. Hence why I'm thinking of education stuff. Craziness for 9 months of the year, then 3 months to do whatever I want.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 13:49 Quote
crs-one wrote:
People suck I wish my customers were dogs.

Hahaha thats why im in vet school

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 13:51 Quote
PHeller wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
I need to really sit down and figure out what to do.. . Aviation is really neat and the pay is better, but I miss the customer interaction and industry vibe from the bike shop..

Are you still in Spokane? Or did you go back to Couer D'Alene? That area of the country is really attractive to me. I could see ending up there after a stint in Asheville, Chattanooga or *sigh* Florida. Gotta give me kiddo some time around grandparents before the kick the bucket, but afterwhich I'll probably come back west.

Current career is Utilities/Energy, but I've always been fascinated with "traveling tech" or "assignment" based jobs, although it's hard to live your own life when most of it is spent in hotels away from family. Hence why I'm thinking of education stuff. Craziness for 9 months of the year, then 3 months to do whatever I want.

photo

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 14:41 Quote
Heh, I wrench at a shop and get to ride at least an hour everyday on my lunch break but I still can't wait to quit.

Grass is always greener I suppose Confused

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 15:14 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
I think the difference is between being Greedy and profitable. Like do you want to be a Steve Jobs or a Profitable business owner who can enjoy life and make other peoples life better while doing so.

Or a business owner thats so concern about driving in a ferrari to prove his dick is bigger than yours.

Being greedy is often a bad way to stay profitable in the long run. No business should continually alienate their customers.
Good customer relations are just as much about maximizing long term profitability.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 15:17 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Axxe wrote:
Every single business exists for the purpose of making money. What’s new?

In America where capitalism is King, maybe that's how you feel.

In most of the rest of the world we like to see people making products for people and obvious dick moves that are trying to stop products from being backwards compatible are really frustrating.

I do understand that not that many people in the bike industry are millionaires, it isn't super lucrative. But it is very frustrating to be on the receiving end of all these standard changes.

Arrogant nonsense. Business works exactly the same in every single country. Economics is a science.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 15:18 Quote
iffy wrote:
Axxe wrote:
iffy wrote:

How blind you are is astonishing.

Explain in details. Or are you just running your ignorant mouth again?

lol

No. I have zero time for idiots like you. Wake up or f*ck off.

So you are indeed just running your ignorant mouth again. Uneducated fool you are.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 15:33 Quote
It's almost as if people are done debating with a trash can.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 15:46 Quote
Axxe wrote:
tom666 wrote:
Axxe wrote:
Every single business exists for the purpose of making money. What’s new?

In America where capitalism is King, maybe that's how you feel.

In most of the rest of the world we like to see people making products for people and obvious dick moves that are trying to stop products from being backwards compatible are really frustrating.

I do understand that not that many people in the bike industry are millionaires, it isn't super lucrative. But it is very frustrating to be on the receiving end of all these standard changes.

Arrogant nonsense
. Business works exactly the same in every single country. Economics is a science.
lol Oh the use of words haha aw americans.

Yeah It can be different from countries to countries... lol

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 15:47 Quote
PHeller wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

I own a house in spokane and my women works over there.. I work in spokane part of the year and over at my shop over in CDA.. Both our parents still live in CDA and that's where we both grew up..

We both love the area. CDA being better generally, but my place in Spokane is pretty awesome. I can be at a riding trailhead in under 45 seconds from my front door and can do 30 min laps from my front door.. Moving somewhere that we don't have access like that would be really hard.

The traveling work is hard, I left home end of June and spent a whole 5 days home between then and start of October.... But I made good money so can't complain too much. But couldn't imagine doing that once kids are in the picture.

Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 15:53 Quote
Anyone ever thought about traveling from NZ and BC or USA North West 6 months intervals per year ? A buddy of mine is about to do it and it looks amazing. He wants to work as a server in both cases and get temporary places to live in both places. He's a surfer, and I use to think it wasn't much money being a server at bars and restaurants but oh damn he proved me wrong.

He's been going back and forth from Canada to Central America these days and I'm pretty sure he has more money than I do in his bank account.

And he gets to surf pretty much everyday, Just goes to show.

TOPIC : Are foam grips worth it ? My current grips (RaceFace Half Nelson) Are super hard on the hands. Plus Foam grips are lighter right ? Are they grippy enough?

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 15:54 Quote
Topic related.

Bolted a set of Whisky No. 9 bars on my Enduro.. Did a general "push on the bars" flex test... Immediately took them off. Way too flexy for my comfort.

Saw that they are advertised as "aggressive offroad use" but also limited to 24" jumps...... Considering that the Enduro 29er has done 25' jumps, I am going to go for a RF, Easton or Renthal now I guess.

Also, We ordered Rev Grips and I snagged a set. Trying them on the alloy bar first to compare before I throw a carbon bar on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.077859
Mobile Version of Website