Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 15:09 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Is I-Beam a patent that other companies would have to licence or is it open to everyone??

It's our patent, so would need to be licensed by other brands. That didn't seem to stop Ritchey or Kore from doing it without a license.

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 15:25 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
Anyone moving onto a new bike this year?

I'm building up a Guerrilla Gravity Trail Pistol this year and have to say I'm pretty stoked to be going back to aluminum everything this year! Going for more of a workhorse, don't have to worry about it build rather than pimp, super light. Tired of breaking shit.

The 2018 Enduro 29 Elite was new last November, that will be the trail bike for the year.. Then I am going to finally retire my older CX and road bike to trainer bikes, then I am going to go with a disk gravel bike of some kind for my road bike for the year..

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 15:27 Quote
Still up in the air about doing the C-dale Scalpel. Think it'd be a rad bike for the area, just depends on if the Kona eventually sells. May just take said Process, put some lighter hoops on it, lower the fork or replace it with a Pike, similar deal for the shock, and presto, new bike for the new year.

Building a Rove LTD frameset as well, but now sure how that much counts in here. Frame/fork has clearance for 700x45 tires, so basically doing a monstercross bike for everything non-MTB.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 15:29 Quote
Axxe wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Hahahahaha

Do you use i beam? Did you try it?

It has been around for years and years, and still nobody cares. Because it is a solution in search of a problem.

I was more laughing at his response, particularly the “trash can man seal of approval”
It seems like for every conversation topic in here, you have some opinion that differs from everyone else’s and there’s no swaying it whatsoever. Don’t you ever get bored? I’m starting to think your opinions are what have “been around for years and years, and still nobody cares.”

i had a bike with an I-beam post a few years ago and it worked great, never had a single problem with it. I also don’t have an issue with rails aside from how annoying they are to put on and take off. I could go either way and it really is not a big deal.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 15:38 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Still up in the air about doing the C-dale Scalpel. Think it'd be a rad bike for the area, just depends on if the Kona eventually sells. May just take said Process, put some lighter hoops on it, lower the fork or replace it with a Pike, similar deal for the shock, and presto, new bike for the new year.

Building a Rove LTD frameset as well, but now sure how that much counts in here. Frame/fork has clearance for 700x45 tires, so basically doing a monstercross bike for everything non-MTB.

With how much of a monster truck the Enduro is, I really would love to have a smaller bike or even an aggressive Hardtail, but I don't see that in the budget with a wedding this summer. Ha

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 15:56 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
mtbman1980 wrote:
Is I-Beam a patent that other companies would have to licence or is it open to everyone??

It's our patent, so would need to be licensed by other brands. That didn't seem to stop Ritchey or Kore from doing it without a license.

That's probably one of the issues with gaining wider acceptance with a fairly standardized product. Seat rails fail but not at such a rate you feel you need a better option. I have had my current saddle for 2 years now and its time to replace it but I have had no issues with the rails. I am a bigger guy to at 225 lbs and have landed on the seat a few times my current saddle is a Fly Mtn Ti and has been great.

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 16:13 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Can you run back over to RF and grab me a purple 32T DM ring again sweet tits? I have new bike to build thanks to tsox!! Wrong bike for this thread but the convo happened in here soo...
Tsoxbhk May the bike karma God s always be with you You are too awesome
And I just found a working 26" lefty I am going to have to throw on it!!

Ha, I actually might have 32t ring in the workshop. Headed down there at lunch and I'll check for ya.

I just want to say that you sir, f*ckING RULE!! Thanks for sending me out that purple drank!!!

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 17:48 Quote
sosburn wrote:
It seems like for every conversation topic in here, you have some opinion that differs from everyone else’s and there’s no swaying it whatsoever. Don’t you ever get bored?

photo

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 18:20 Quote
Every once in a while, Axxe and I agree on something and it blows my mind.

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 18:48 Quote
sherbet wrote:
its-chris wrote:
photo

Love how this saddle look

Agree. Have too many saddles already, but want this. Just got a new brooks cambium c13 carved for hella cheap too...

x3 my seat on my Slash is all torn up too...

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 19:46 Quote
Since we live in a frozen shit hole, and I don't want to buy a fat bike, I am spending lots of time on the trainer..

Any of you have any workout or plans that you follow?

Also, how you guys manage to stay entertained for a hour?

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 19:54 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Since we live in a frozen shit hole, and I don't want to buy a fat bike, I am spending lots of time on the trainer..

MTB videos while spinning usually get me amped to ride

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 20:00 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

I couldn't deal with the trainer so I just go to the gym. Between running, circuit training, resistance training and swimming it keeps me fit. If you've got a gym with a pool of just join that. Best workout and good to break up the trainer bullshit with something different!

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 20:10 Quote
half an hour on rollers will feel like an hour on a trainer but swim or plyo workouts keeps cardio up high. racerx training online is a great source for workouts. i've used it for moto and mtb for a long time.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 20:12 Quote
Can’t do the trainer although the zwift ones look like they could be fun. I run and swim in the “offseason” I should lift weights and even have them but I always find something better to do.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040119
Mobile Version of Website