Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 7:31 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
So many good spots down the I5 before you hit California. Hood River (1hr east of i5 without traffic), Oakridge and Ashland are super fun and easy ways to kill at least a day at each spot. There's even more around PDX but definitely takes sweet talking some local knowledge.

This for sure. Oakridge is fantastic. One of the best riding spots in the PNW.

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 7:53 Quote
Sandy Ridge in Oregon is also dope, over by Hood.

Downieville is close to opening. Not exactly on your drive down but a worthwhile visit. It’s a little mountain with good vibes and amazing trails.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 8:46 Quote
Black Rock is sweet and worth checking out.

Oakridge is a spot to spend a few days and ride the goods there. I am always impressed with the riding there.

Post canyon/syncline in Hood River are both worth a day as well.

If your driving I5 to Cali, stop and ride Entertainer train that drops off Shasta.

Ashland is another one that's worth stopping to ride too.

With the amount of time you have, you absolutely should do Downieville.. It's a bucket list spot..

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
Ashland is a favorite spot of mine. Nice riding and a couple of great breweries as well. Neat town.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 9:49 Quote
Awesome, thanks guys!

The plan is to avoid anything around BC that would be between a weekend and two week trip (Alberta, Washington, Oregon, etc ). I'm going to save those areas for later when I can only get away for small chunks at a time.

I did a little trip through Oregon last summer and the trails were sweet - had a lot of fun in Hood River (good kiting too) and Ashland. Haven't checked out Oakridge yet though. Will definitely hit those spots up in the fall.

Downieville is on the list! I'll be going right across to the east coast and will dip fairly southward before coming back up in to Canada and then west again. Going to check out Moab, Sedona, Bootleg, etc before jetting across the country to Kingdom trails, Windham, MSA, etc. It seems there's a ton of good riding spots out in the East.

Just wanted to see if there are any local favourites that I shouldn't miss out on!

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Awesome, thanks guys!

The plan is to avoid anything around BC that would be between a weekend and two week trip (Alberta, Washington, Oregon, etc ). I'm going to save those areas for later when I can only get away for small chunks at a time.

I did a little trip through Oregon last summer and the trails were sweet - had a lot of fun in Hood River (good kiting too) and Ashland. Haven't checked out Oakridge yet though. Will definitely hit those spots up in the fall.

Downieville is on the list! I'll be going right across to the east coast and will dip fairly southward before coming back up in to Canada and then west again. Going to check out Moab, Sedona, Bootleg, etc before jetting across the country to Kingdom trails, Windham, MSA, etc. It seems there's a ton of good riding spots out in the East.

Just wanted to see if there are any local favourites that I shouldn't miss out on!

Moab: porcupine rim shuttle, and gold bar rim to portal. Depending on when you're there it might be too hot though. Bootleg is also too hot in the summer, but they run shuttles on mt Charleston in the summer.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 10:21 Quote
I'll be doing the south west states right off the hop - Nevada/Utah/Arizona will be done before the end of June. Wanted to get there before the heat.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 10:28 Quote
It'd be cool if someone did a ratchet style on/off remote lockout that could use any 2x Dropper Remote. The first push would lock, the second would unlock.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 10:35 Quote
PHeller wrote:
It'd be cool if someone did a ratchet style on/off remote lockout that could use any 2x Dropper Remote. The first push would lock, the second would unlock.

I think that one has a return spring, thinking about using that fox remote lockout cable splitter and getting a dhx2 with that remote, then using the charger 2 onelock remote to do both the lyrik and dhx2 lockout with one click.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 10:36 Quote
I hope more lockout options come out as aftermarket upgrades as there is nothing for my DB Air CS. It is something I would appreciate on my warden for racing and general riding not having to reach down and find the switch.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 10:37 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Awesome, thanks guys!

There’s super sick riding out east! I would skip out on windham (only 4 trails, and only 2 of them are sick). But 100% check out thunder mountain in MA, and Mountain Creek In nj. Highland is also sick as well.

HMU if you stop at creek, I’ll show you around.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 10:52 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
I hope more lockout options come out as aftermarket upgrades as there is nothing for my DB Air CS. It is something I would appreciate on my warden for racing and general riding not having to reach down and find the switch.

Ditto, I'd get a db coil cs over the dhx2 if it had a remote lockout. Cane creek has the best climbing circuit with the slower rebound.

Posted: May 17, 2018 at 12:17 Quote
I would skip Bootleg. The trails are super high consequence, not terribly fun, and the weather can be shitty. The wind picks up in the late morning and early afternoon and doesn't let up.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2018 at 15:57 Quote
Depends on when. I’ve been at Bootleg when it was 50 degrees with no wind. Its worth a stop if coming through that area (in winter) as there isnt a ton of riding spots on 8 or 10 between SoCal and Phoenix.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.064743
Mobile Version of Website