Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 8, 2018 at 23:07 Quote
kwapik wrote:
I hear those Goodyear tires are pretty good. You'll have to give a ride report later on.

Looking forward to riding it. I’m actually going to track the mileage on Strava to see how the rubber wears. This is the softest compound I think. I’m curious what the Newton ST knobs look like, because this Newton is kind of underwhelming in the eyeball test.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 4:13 Quote
Heh.

Mounted up two WTB's yesterday. Wasn't too bad. Certainly easier than most Schwalbe... Not as easy as a Maxxis but by no means a difficult tyre to inflate.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 11:08 Quote
I've always found Schwalbe tyres really easy to inflate tubeless. Maybe it's the Mavic and DT rims though

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 12:21 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
He just a hack.

There’s no denying that! I could’ve just gotten a bad tire, but with so many other options that I haven’t had trouble with, it’s enough to put me off.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 12:24 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
He just a hack.

I'll second that Fab

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 12:36 Quote
Given the choice, would you go with a 28mm or 30mm inner rim? Pairing with 2.3-2.5" tires, lowish pressures.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 12:45 Quote
28 for 2.3’s I reckon. 30 if you’ll be consistently running 2.5’s.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 13:27 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
28mm also.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 13:47 Quote
Never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm diggin the 29ers I've been riding lately, to the point where I can't really ignore them when considering my next bike. Gonna try the patrol this weekend to see how I'm feelin it, always had my sights set on that bike, but curious to try some more 29ers...

Have any of you ridden the new stumpjumper evo? The geometry on that bike is so rad. On paper it seems extreme but on the trail, it just works so well.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 14:15 Quote
I've only ridden the regular Stumpy. I wasn't that impressed. At 5'8, I actually hopped on the Large to get the reach I was looking for. STA wasn't steep enough, stock aluminum wheels were flexy, and I wasn't pumped on the skinny tires. I'm pretty sold on 2.5" -2.6" and low air pressure for everything short of XC riding.

Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 14:18 Quote
kev1n wrote:
Never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm diggin the 29ers I've been riding lately, to the point where I can't really ignore them when considering my next bike. Gonna try the patrol this weekend to see how I'm feelin it, always had my sights set on that bike, but curious to try some more 29ers...

Have any of you ridden the new stumpjumper evo? The geometry on that bike is so rad. On paper it seems extreme but on the trail, it just works so well.

Buy one & tell us how good it is Smile

Must be able to demo one for a couple days?

Ticks a lot of boxes standing still ..

Tried a Ripmo too right?

Patrol is old hat lol

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2018 at 14:25 Quote
kev1n wrote:

New Evo is super rad for the ride I had on it.
.. More aggressive than my E29 geo wise but still has trail traits.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040750
Mobile Version of Website