Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
700Pirate wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
X1 / x01 11 speed with the e13 cassette is still my favorite. Eagle weighs more, more expensive, less range, weaker chain, and sits in a lower more smashable location.

9-46 pinch bolt version? I have it on my supreme SX and get up most stuff. Downgraded back to 1x11.

I wore through 2 e13 cassettes in a summer. Both getting less than 800 miles - They've got a long way to come to compete with the quality of sram and shimano in terms of their cassettes. Theres a reason theyre so light.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 11:55 Quote
tangaroo wrote:
700Pirate wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
X1 / x01 11 speed with the e13 cassette is still my favorite. Eagle weighs more, more expensive, less range, weaker chain, and sits in a lower more smashable location.

9-46 pinch bolt version? I have it on my supreme SX and get up most stuff. Downgraded back to 1x11.

I wore through 2 e13 cassettes in a summer. Both getting less than 800 miles - They've got long way to come to compete with the quality of sram and shimano in terms of their cassettes. Theres a reason theyre so light.

Mine lasted just as long as the previous 2x m8000 cassettes I used. However I only ran it in dry conditions so I'm sure that played a big role. Currently have the pinch bolt version with m9000 and it's mint. So smooth and more than enough range.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
tangaroo wrote:
700Pirate wrote:

I wore through 2 e13 cassettes in a summer. Both getting less than 800 miles - They've got long way to come to compete with the quality of sram and shimano in terms of their cassettes. Theres a reason theyre so light.

Mine lasted just as long as the previous 2x m8000 cassettes I used. However I only ran it in dry conditions so I'm sure that played a big role. Currently have the pinch bolt version with m9000 and it's mint. So smooth and more than enough range.

Been on the e13 cassettes for a while now. On our touring setups. Had to warranty one due to the slip fit becoming loose. What sucked is it was second day on our tour in Croaita. Creaked the whole rest of the damn trip! Never slipped or really affected the shifting. They got me a new one as soon as I got back. But for bike mechanic to go across the world to ride for 20 something days and have to hear a creak the whole time! Thats life though. That trip was over 900 miles by itself.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
Mine works well. Just has a slight 2mm wobble i cant seem to get rid of no matter how hard I try seat the cassette before tightening the pinch bolt.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 13:23 Quote
Anyone else have issues with their sas-tec pads cracking in the cold?
Was -2 when i was putting knee pads on yesterday morning, one of them cracked horizontally in the middle of the insert.
Unsure if it’s worth trying to warranty.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
Cracking from cold??

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
We’ve had a little luck warrantying some of the ethirteen cassettes with premature wear, they are a little stingy but will eventually give you a whole new one depending on if you can prove you haven’t had it that long. Also the only people I’ve seen have that problem are total mashers standing up and pedaling too hard of a gear uphill, I think if you spend most of your time seated and in easier gears they haven’t really been an issue.

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 15:45 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Cracking from cold??

Yeah they went brittle in the cold and cracked.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 19:28 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
tangaroo wrote:

Been on the e13 cassettes for a while now. On our touring setups. Had to warranty one due to the slip fit becoming loose. What sucked is it was second day on our tour in Croaita. Creaked the whole rest of the damn trip! Never slipped or really affected the shifting. They got me a new one as soon as I got back. But for bike mechanic to go across the world to ride for 20 something days and have to hear a creak the whole time! Thats life though. That trip was over 900 miles by itself.

Trs+, very dependent on your riding conditions but if you ride somewhere dry and keep your drivetrain clean it lasts a long time. The x01 one piece sram ones are a bit stronger though, I ran one of those for 3k miles and still going strong on that bike.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
This place is dead. What are you more excited for, XTR 12 speed or X01 AXS?

Also, would you run this:

Syncros Hixon SL IC review

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
AXS fasho. Those bars seem awesome, would run.
Got a 9.8 remedy on order for this year. 2.6 tires yo.

Anyone got time on trek thru shaft stuff??

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
Circe wrote:

XO1 AXS all the way.

That bar stem combo is so sexy but my only concern is the sweep/comfort given that its totally fixed. I'd want a 800mm version too.

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
I just want that fork!!!

Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
A snowless trail would be nice too!

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
Circe wrote:

X01 AXS hands down.. I really have been kinda meh about my current XTR Di2. Cool talking point when I am at the trailhead, but in use, I would probably still take GX Eagle even if price points were the same.. Maybe this new XTR will be game changing, but it's kinda the same old thing where SRAM kills it with drivetrains.

That said, I am forever a Shimano brake and SPD fanboy.. Litterally gods gift to the cycling industry..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.072029
Mobile Version of Website