Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 11, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
sherbet wrote:
seraph wrote:
I don't splurge on tools like Allen wrenches because they're basically a wear item for mechanics. For my own personal use all I have at home is a Topeak Nano Torque and mini ratchet setup, and it's worked great for any task I've had to throw at it so far.

I got one of the small mini ratchets, and while it was very good, it really didn't last. Got a few weeks out of mine before the ratchet mechanism blew up. Off for warranty now.

That said, was absolutely excellent during use, and admittedly I did push it probably further than I should have, I was using it as my main work allen. If they don't warranty it, I'd fully understand and purchase another one. Like you're implying, tools break. C'est la vie.
What mini ratchet was it? I have a facom one I like but I admittedly am fairly gentle with it.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
Topeak. Was the rocket lite DX.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Fair. Looks pretty similar. They're nice to use but I definitely try not to overdo it with such a small ratchet mechanism.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
I fully take blame on this one. Was using it as my daily shop tool. Rebuilding the linkages on a Spark RC with it when it let go.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 14:53 Quote
Yeah I only wrench at home like once a month. At work I only use a mini ratchet to get to small hard to reach places. I think the one I have at work is a Prestacycle.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
annyone know how much the 160mm 29inch lyriks and pikes weigh?
Can get a canecreek helm for 850euro but dunno, they are about 2080grams wich is about the same as a lyrick or pike costs.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
ColinD wrote:
Can get a canecreek helm for 850euro but dunno, they are about 2080grams wich is about the same as a lyrick or pike costs.

Weighed an uncut 29er 160 at 4.5lbs. Lyrik Ultimate. My Pike 29er 140mm RCT3 was 4.1lbs.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ColinD wrote:

Weighed an uncut 29er 160 at 4.5lbs. Lyrik Ultimate. My Pike 29er 140mm RCT3 was 4.1lbs.

Thank you.

I have ridden a pike for a while but how are the helms?

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
ColinD wrote:
sherbet wrote:
ColinD wrote:

Thank you.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
ColinD wrote:
sherbet wrote:
ColinD wrote:

Thank you.

My boss has the helm, and it was an absolute pain in the ass to get set up correctly. I'd personally rather run a MoCo Yari or Revelation over a Helm, but it does have the advantage of being able to set to whatever travel via spacer system rather than a new air shaft, which makes fork swapping way cheaper than you'd find on Fox/RS suspension.

I can say I do really stand behind the video that Tom just posted. It's spot on the money in my experience. Fox and RS are absolutely at the top of the game right now, and while it's nice there's alternative options for people seeking specific features, Fox/RS are just flat out another level up.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
Nice comparison, I am a set and forget kind of guys so gonna skip the Helm.
I'll keep my eye out for a nice lyrik or maybe even a yari for now.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
ColinD wrote:

The DVO Diamond is pretty awesome. Easy to set up too.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
ColinD wrote:

Marzo Z1 looks pretty rad imo. Probably hard to find 2nd hand as they're so new.

Can't go wrong with a Lyrik or Yari, particularly as you can upgrade the Yaris in various ways should you feel the need

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 14:06 Quote
tom666 wrote:
ColinD wrote:

Marzo Z1 looks pretty rad imo. Probably hard to find 2nd hand as they're so new.

Can't go wrong with a Lyrik or Yari, particularly as you can upgrade the Yaris in various ways should you feel the need

The z1 is dope. Was worth every penny. The red m lowers are sick as

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
The travel adjust feature really isn’t that impressive since a air spring for a rockshox is $50 retail and you’ll change it maybe a couple times throughout the lifespan of the fork. Also rockshox has been making the newer air springs backwards compatible which is pretty damn cool of them to do.

Speaking of air spring swaps, does anyone know if you can make a 160 lyrik into a 170 or are the chasis’ 150/160 and 170/180. My 160 only has graphics on the leg for 160 and 150.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022964
Mobile Version of Website