Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 20, 2019 at 10:01 Quote
Ratboy wasn't even wearing the good Fox Chest Protector....

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 10:40 Quote

50/01 sticker makes it

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
tom666 wrote:
For bikeparks I wear one of these under my jersey

It's so close fitting people don't even notice you're wearing it.

I've had 2 pretty bad crashes in the alps and one in the UK - was wearing that thing all 3 times and it has saved me a tonne of skin

I can't be wearing something like this here in the summer. Some days 90+ degrees and I would die before I got up the mountain.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
seraph wrote:

I can't be wearing something like this here in the summer. Some days 90+ degrees and I would die before I got up the mountain.

I'm fully behind you. It's fine for chairlift assisted riding in summer and it's great in winter - but pedalling up in summer it's a no from me.

Standalone elbow pads probably suit you better

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
I do not trust soft spine. Backpack with a plate for me. Also ventilates better. And separate elbow pads..

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 14:24 Quote
Send it till ya bend it boys n girls. That's good enough for me.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
Axxe wrote:
I do not trust soft spine. Backpack with a plate for me. Also ventilates better. And separate elbow pads..

IXS is a great option - comfort and ergonomics of a soft protector with the safety and protection of Xmatter protector.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 16:19 Quote
On topic/off topic. Anyone have real world experience with the alpinestar paragon vest. I’ve gone pack less again but still need the pack for h2o on any ride over 15 miles. How does it feel with a full bladder? Would be nice to use the back protector on agro rides, bladder for long rides, and go true pack less on shorter trail rides.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
Another ride on the Jumpstumper today. AXS is pretty neat. It's definitely not for everyone, especially with its hefty price tag. It does clean up the handlebars a bit though. Still gotta get used to the shifter, as it's not shaped like anything else out there.
Ride report AXS is pretty neat. Pros quiet effortless shifting. Cons no shifting noise so sometimes I wan t sure if it had shifted or not. Purely a psychological issue that I ll get over I m sure.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 21:24 Quote
Have you played around with button lay out of the remote? The stock configuration seems a little counter intuitive.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 21:26 Quote
kev1n wrote:
Have you played around with button lay out of the remote? The stock configuration seems a little counter intuitive.

Yeah actually I reversed it. But so far it's still weird because it doesn't sit nearly as low as a regular SRAM trigger shifter would, so I instinctively reach down and find no button to shift. So I think it will just take some getting used to.

Also I thought I would want to upgrade to the 170mm Reverb AXS but now I'm thinking that even 170mm won't be enough for me. I keep raising my saddle as I figure out my sweet spot seat height and I think 10mm isn't going to cut it. Probably will do a Bike Yoke Revive 185mm post with a Wolf Tooth lever eventually.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 23:38 Quote
kev1n wrote:

I’ve got the reverb too, so have set it up for LHS = harder gear, RHS lower = easier and the sprint button for the reverb. Weirdly the gear buttons are very intuitive, but I’m still having to think what to press for the seatpost.

Would almost be better if the 2 button controller was on the left hand side, but I guess I’ll get used to it

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 2:14 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
kev1n wrote:

I’ve got the reverb too, so have set it up for LHS = harder gear, RHS lower = easier and the sprint button for the reverb. Weirdly the gear buttons are very intuitive, but I’m still having to think what to press for the seatpost.

Would almost be better if the 2 button controller was on the left hand side, but I guess I’ll get used to it

Actually that would be a lot more intuitive for me since I run a 1x12 on my gravel bike with Red AXS and it shifts the same way. Maybe some day they'll sell the Reverb AXS controller on its own.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Did ya'll see that company (Zirbel) that makes little "twister rings" for electronic shifters?

Does BikeYoke make an offset post yet?

Does anyone make an offset dropper?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031485
Mobile Version of Website