Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
https://www.9point8.ca/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=38
seraph wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Did ya'll see that company (Zirbel) that makes little "twister rings" for electronic shifters?

Does BikeYoke make an offset post yet?

Does anyone make an offset dropper?
https://www.9point8.ca/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=38

some of the KS are also

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
9.8, KS, and Specialized.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
PHeller wrote:
9.8, KS, and Specialized.

Huh. My Command Post is zero offset. But then again they don't even list my Command Post on the B2B site yet.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
Do you have the Wu?

EDIT: did some research. Apparently Specialized is now doing a 150 and 160mm IRCC with two-bolt non-offset head. Interesting. I wonder if that mean the offset heads will get longer, or will be phased out?

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Do you have the Wu?

No, just the new Command Post. Stock on the 19 SJ Pro 29.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 23:07 Quote
seraph wrote:
reedholden wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

25 years ago when I was a teenager hanging at the local bike shop the main mechanic there said that 90% of the weight is you and to not worry too much about the bike. That's how I win the weight game. Worked my way down to 171 from 200 twelve years ago. That said I still work at a light bike too.

This being said, I was test riding new bikes with my wife. Her bikes last forever as she is only 120 lbs and doesn't make the bad decisions I do from time to time. She has had only two new bikes in the past 20 years! So when we buy a bike it is usually pretty spec'd out.

She loves the megatower she demo'd but at 34 lbs it is almost 1/3 her body weight! That is like me riding a 60lb bike - which I would never accept so we are lightening her builld up, should be done mid May.

Frame: Megatower cc
Fork: Fox Factory 36 with Grip 2
HS: king chrome
BB: king Chrome
Cranks: Next SL
Bar/Stem: ENVE M6
Shifting: XO
Cassette: XO
Wheels: King, Arch rims, CX ray spokes
Brakes: Magura Trail SL
Seatpost: Fox factory
Saddle: SDG ti

Hopefully it will only be 1/4 her body weight.

Swap the King hubs for something lighter if you want to keep the wheelset under 1800g.

Also New Bike Day is upon us, at least for me.
New bike day for this happy Pinkbiker. 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper Pro. Changes so far are Enve bar stem Deity grips and pedals. Future changes will be cranks chainring possibly hubs possibly brakes.

Will post proper pics later.

New king wheels just came. Ck hubs, arch, cx Ray 29er wheel setup. Both 32 spoke. With rim tape and valves - 1000 rear, 800 fornt. They look sweet. Hopefully will have her bike done by end of the week.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
Whewwww are the servers slow today or what?

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 8:22 Quote
PHeller wrote:

Not just me that can't see images or videos then?

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 8:25 Quote
willbikeleeds wrote:
PHeller wrote:

Me as well

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
tom666 wrote:
willbikeleeds wrote:
PHeller wrote:

Me as well

Not sure what the deal is, but Im affected as well. Doesn't seem to be isolated to a browser or device that I can tell.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
Same here, thought some stuff got blocked at work

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
El-Mustachio wrote:
Same here, thought some stuff got blocked at work

That’s what I was thinking glad to hear the it department isn’t blocking.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
as someone else mentioned: Sick Bicycles spent what remaining money they had left on some hackers...

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
I would absolutely spend a silly ammount of money on one of those frames if he branded those frames "Suck Bike Co. "

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I would absolutely spend a silly ammount of money on one of those frames if he branded those frames "Suck Bike Co. "

That's a simple decal change tho.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036029
Mobile Version of Website