Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: May 26, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
The Fox 26? Sick fork. Tuned flex is where its at.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 21:19 Quote
Are there any cheap 11sp cassettes that are all individual cogs and spacers like the old 9sp / 10sp sram ones? Would like to drop 7 or 8 on a SS HG hub with an old x1 rd.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 21:59 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
Are there any cheap 11sp cassettes that are all individual cogs and spacers like the old 9sp / 10sp sram ones? Would like to drop 7 or 8 on a SS HG hub with an old x1 rd.

Sram cassettes are based on the XD driver that will not allow you to run individual cogs. Shimano might be able to do it but I have never seen it. With cogs that big, they would be very heavy to have all individual cogs. Most of the cassettes are based on functioning as a single unit allowing them to cut away metal and lighten it up.

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:

Sram pg 1130? The three biggest cogs are on a spider. All others are singles I think...

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 23:07 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
Some of the Sunrace 11sp cassettes are five individual cogs and then two spiders of three each IIRC, so you could omit the last spider and have a 8sp setup.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
reedholden wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:

Sram cassettes are based on the XD driver that will not allow you to run individual cogs. Shimano might be able to do it but I have never seen it. With cogs that big, they would be very heavy to have all individual cogs. Most of the cassettes are based on functioning as a single unit allowing them to cut away metal and lighten it up.

Don't forget that SRAM road cassettes exist, and they are not XD.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 9:09 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:

Sram pg 1130? The three biggest cogs are on a spider. All others are singles I think...

Picked up a pg 1130 11-42. Three biggest on a spider and the rest were single.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
Why not just get the GX DH cassette?

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 18:17 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:

Its going on a HG single speed hub not XD, and I already have an x1 11 speed rd sitting around to pair it with.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

Its going on a HG single speed hub not XD, and I already have an x1 11 speed rd sitting around to pair it with.

The GX DH cassette is not XD, only the X01 DH cassette is.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 4:21 Quote
seraph wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

This. Also cheap as chips and spaced the same as 11 speed

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
seraph wrote:
Kitejumping wrote:

This. Also cheap as chips and spaced the same as 11 speed

Wider range on the 1130.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
Have we ever argued about chain lube? My boys recommend A.T.B or T9 or Dumonde. I've been using Squirt. What do you recommend? I like cheap.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
Vote for Pedro (ice wax)

Or get a ultrasonic cleaner and crockpot for fun experiments.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
What conditions do you ride in? Around here its super dusty and thicker lubes like dumontech and anything waxy cakes up like crazy.

I’m currently using motorex lube cause I was given a bunch of it but its pretty good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033569
Mobile Version of Website