Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
Any reviews on Revolution Suspension Grips?

I think it's time I get a pair. Foam grips ala ESI just aren't cutting it. Smaller bar helped, but wanting to go further.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
Have 4 pairs.. Love them.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 15:31 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

Do you buy the straight from their page or somewhere else?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 15:42 Quote
PHeller wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Do you buy the straight from their page or somewhere else?

Called them directly..super cool dudes. We carry a few pair all the time in the shop.

They made me full custom sets for my groomsmen with personalized end caps.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
How dumb is this!? Not only would it be nearly $800 to swap my 11.6 from the RFX to the SB150 but it sticks out in a major danger zone... Very disappointing/lame

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
How dumb is this!? Not only would it be nearly $800 to swap my 11.6 from the RFX to the SB150 but it sticks out in a major danger zone... Very disappointing/lame

$800?! Might as well buy a f*cking new one. It’d be cool if they sent you out a demo unit to see if the protrusion would really be a deal breaker. It sure looks like, but ya never know

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 16:48 Quote
Very fondle-able knobs you got there.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
Wow, that's pretty extreme... how much does it protrude on the RFX?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
RFX doesn't have/need the side saddle body so it doesn't protrude at all. I was hoping to swap it over but definitely over it now... that setup is a joke!

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
RFX doesn't have/need the side saddle body so it doesn't protrude at all. I was hoping to swap it over but definitely over it now... that setup is a joke!

The $800 is understandable (relative to the full MSRP, which is questionable). The width of that set-up is not.

How about an EXT Arma or Storia?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
PHeller wrote:
One of the thing I've read is that a longer travel bike just has more room to work (ie shock stroke) and therefore will always deal with fast chunk better than a shorter stroke shock. The short stroke just gets overwhelmed with repeated hard hits. Not to mention with big drops more suspension is always better.

That being said, a high quality shock probably makes up a lot of difference too.

However, we're not talking about a huge difference in stroke length for my application - 55mm vs 57.5/60mm. I'm sure the difference between a 45mm shock and a 63mm shock would be more apparent on the trail.

Don't think about the difference as 'a few millimetres' but rather as a percentage. 45mm is only 71% of 63mm, so it's actually a significant difference in feel and performance.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
The $800 is understandable (relative to the full MSRP, which is questionable). The width of that set-up is not.

I was always under the impression that once you bought into the extravagance they would more or less take care of you when swapping frames but I guess I was wrong...

EXT has been on my radar for a while, not sure if their reservoir clears the top tube and don't really want to find out the hard way hah

Super Deluxe Coil may be the move, cheap & effective

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 22:47 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

I was always under the impression that once you bought into the extravagance they would more or less take care of you when swapping frames but I guess I was wrong...

EXT has been on my radar for a while, not sure if their reservoir clears the top tube and don't really want to find out the hard way hah

Super Deluxe Coil may be the move, cheap & effective

I've been super impressed with the Super Deluxe Coil that came on my Nomad CC, initially was planning to swap it out but after riding it seems like there is no need to. The eyelet shock bearings it comes with in that configuration make a big difference, and you can rebuild it with a few rockshox specific tools and a shock pump, no need for expensive nitrogen tools for the reservoir.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 23:11 Quote
Unfortunately the only available SDC Ultimate in 230x60 is with the SC-specific lower bearing-eyelet and apparently Sram doesn't even have any standard eyelet 230x60s unless you're Nate Hills... They wouldn't even sell me the parts so I could retrofit it myself which was a bit of a bummer.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 23:58 Quote
The Storia isn't too bad price wise, it worked out cheaper than DHX2 when I looked at it. Every Rock Shox product I've ever had has failed, so I'd go Storia. Or DVO.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029151
Mobile Version of Website