Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
heinous wrote:
Although 900 lyrics did just get recalled.

Really? where do you find he info on that?

EDIT: found it https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2019/sram-recalls-rockshox-front-suspension-forks-due-to-crash-and-injury-hazards

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 8:51 Quote
RMWB wrote:
heinous wrote:
Although 900 lyrics did just get recalled.

Really? where do you find he info on that?

EDIT: found it https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2019/sram-recalls-rockshox-front-suspension-forks-due-to-crash-and-injury-hazards

It is also on the Pinkbike front page

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
Does anyone know of any company making a three bolt direct mount Sram style chainring that is compatible with Shimano M9100 series drivetrains?

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Does anyone know of any company making a three bolt direct mount Sram style chainring that is compatible with Shimano M9100 series drivetrains?

As far as I know, so far you've gotta run the WT Camo system to make something like that work. But also I was able to easily modify a regular WT chainring to work with an AXS flat top chain, so a small rat tail file might be your friend here.

Also there is a machinist dude on PB who might be able to make something for you. He usually works in titanium but I know he's made stuff like chain rings in the past. I had him make a set of titanium Fun Bolts for a Chris King BMX hub for me. They were top notch. PM me and I will divulge his user name.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
Yeah, Rogerjoe or whatnot. Dude is super cool, just not sure if I want to splurge that hard for a drivetrain I'm basically testing for the shop.

Who is WT Camo?

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Yeah, Rogerjoe or whatnot. Dude is super cool, just not sure if I want to splurge that hard for a drivetrain I'm basically testing for the shop.

Who is WT Camo?
wolf tooth has a modular spider/ring system. It's actually pretty cool. you can get a steel ring with an aluminum spider and it's lighter than most one piece alloy rings IIRC. CAMO stands for chainline and material optimization.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
Fuckin' right buds. Love you lot.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
I love the idea of CAMO, but aesthetically it just reminds me too much of an old 110 spider with chainring combo like we had back in the day. DM chainrings for the win. So crisp. So clean.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
Do y'all think it's worth to wait a couple months more to get the Canyon Spectral AL6.0 over the AL5.0?

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
El-Mustachio wrote:
Do y'all think it's worth to wait a couple months more to get the Canyon Spectral AL6.0 over the AL5.0?

i really don't think that it is worth to wait for the al spectral at all. the welds looks sh.t, the geo is ancient... i'd rather go for the jeffsy.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 17:41 Quote
Get a Stumpjumper and don't look back.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 18:20 Quote
seraph wrote:

People are too cool to ride specialized..

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
seraph wrote:

People are too cool to ride specialized..

Loic Bruni has made me lift my hatred for Specialized

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 18:34 Quote
Specialized starting to make good products again and drop the proprietary bullshit is lifting my hatred for specialized.

Simple and/or raw paint jobs, going back to threaded bb’s, dropping the stupid 142+ wheel spacing, SWAT box looks awesome, I think they no longer require custom shock strokes either (although the design is still hard on shocks and kinematics don’t get great reviews), no more cables routed on the bottom of the down tube. All positive improvements. Plus they’re finally modernizing their geo with the Evo models.

I had a 2015 Enduro that looked awesome on paper but was such a wet fart of a bike with constant problems.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
Even Specialzied price points are coming into reasonable territory for 2020 bikes. You can get an alloy Stumpjumper ST with a dropper post and SRAM SX 12-speed for just over $2k.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.074772
Mobile Version of Website