Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 15:37 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
My zerode is around 36ish don't have an exact weight but it's much more of a burly boob

Same for my Deviate. Ours is Good Weight though...

yea im completely fine with it. handles everything from xc trails to park days. loving it

You can get used to/enjoy anything I feel like. My Sentinel is 36.5, but that’s all I ride. If you normally ride a 30lbs. bike, it’d feel like an absolute pig.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
The right bike will feel right to you regardless of the weight. I'm much more used to 25-27 lb full suspension bikes but the 30 lbs of the Stumpy doesn't bother me at all. It just rides great.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
My XL Orbea Rallon with GX Eagle, Fox 36/X2 and DT 1501 wheels is 30.8 lbs.

Not an overall light build, especially with a 7+ lb frame+shock combo. I am using EXO tires so not DD or DH casings but im not weenieing out on weight by any means.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
Bronson size M s build. Upgrades, reserve wheels, renthal cockpit, code rsc brakes, 160 Pike, one up composite pedals, edc. 30.6 lbs. For $2500 more I could have shaved one pound. This would have got me xo1 dt, low sp comp and lockout on shock, and a performance elite 36, but not worth it to me.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 9:08 Quote
I was interested to see the BCBR winner running XC inserts.

I wonder if we could run those in bigger tires and if they'd provide some advantages, while not being the full on extra weight of full-blown Cushcore.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
Rampage tickets go on sale in under an hour and will probably sell out in 10 minutes. https://www.strideevents.com/events/red-bull-rampage/2019/register

PB front page always misses this press release lol.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
My Radon Swoop 170 is around 30.5lbs with 180mm Lyriks, Roval Traverse SL wheels, Dirty Zero Pro saddle, sixc bars, Rimpact tyre insert in the rear with Schwalbe SS tyres.

If I'm solely riding park or DH I use SG tyres, a Vivid rear shock, and DT Swiss E1900 wheels and it ends up being around 33lbs I reckon.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
Man this board is dead!

What hubs should I lace my Roval Traverse 30 rims to? Currently on a 350 rear and Specialized whatever front. Boost, 28h. Would prefer to save a little weight.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 16:05 Quote
I just built up my rear wheel onto a DT 240 28 hole hub. Really nice and very light.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
I9 hydras, pretty sure they’re lighter than dts and definitely lighter than the stock roval front hub. Plus come in fancy colors.

Mine roll pretty fast compared to my 350s with 54 tooth ratchet, but those hubs also hadn’t seen new bearings in awhile when I switched to the I9s.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 18:50 Quote
RIP HADLEYS. Wish that company had done more. Like. I don’t know. Build a website?

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 20:48 Quote
theweaz wrote:
I9 hydras, pretty sure they’re lighter than dts and definitely lighter than the stock roval front hub. Plus come in fancy colors.

Mine roll pretty fast compared to my 350s with 54 tooth ratchet, but those hubs also hadn’t seen new bearings in awhile when I switched to the I9s.

The hydras have been sweet for me as well. The noise can get annoying depending on preference. Engagment in 50t eagle is instant on tech climbs

Other wheel set went with matte slate chris king hubs. They are beautiful as frick!

Hadleys are the shit though. Lovely.

Maybe new onyx vesper?... eh.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 20:54 Quote
Love my NOBL (onyx) hubs, quiet, fast and instant engagement. (TR38 32 hole CX-Ray+ Race, Cushcore, Mary Snake, Hans2 snake). Not the lightest but it's been working great for me.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 0:09 Quote
nubbs wrote:
theweaz wrote:

The hydras have been sweet for me as well. The noise can get annoying depending on preference. Engagment in 50t eagle is instant on tech climbs

Other wheel set went with matte slate chris king hubs. They are beautiful as frick!

Hadleys are the shit though. Lovely.

Maybe new onyx vesper?... eh.

The new Onyx hubs are definitely on my radar. Not sure how I feel about 0 degrees of float on the trail though. Also I've traditionally always had loud hubs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028559
Mobile Version of Website