Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
Circe wrote:
RIP HADLEYS. Wish that company had done more. Like. I don’t know. Build a website?

Where did you see they went under?

Let me go verify this by checking their web... oh.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
They have a website. I buy 10mm axles from them for DJ bikes.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
They have a website. I buy 10mm axles from them for DJ bikes.

https://www.balleracing.com/

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Gotta second Hydra hubs. Damned good to ride on. Hail hydra.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
I got my torch hubs just before Hydra came out and love them. If I had to buy hubs again id 100% go hydra

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
Mondraker Ally Dune 2016/17 - 34 lbs / 15.4 kg

I only weigh 68kg myself Big Grin

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Hey guys, for featherweight brakes, is there anything as good as or better than the XTR Race? I've been loosely looking at the Hope Race Evo X2, not seeing anything weight-competitive from SRAM, and I don't really know who else has solid entries these days.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
seraph wrote:
nubbs wrote:
theweaz wrote:
I9 hydras, pretty sure they’re lighter than dts and definitely lighter than the stock roval front hub. Plus come in fancy colors.

Mine roll pretty fast compared to my 350s with 54 tooth ratchet, but those hubs also hadn’t seen new bearings in awhile when I switched to the I9s.

The hydras have been sweet for me as well. The noise can get annoying depending on preference. Engagment in 50t eagle is instant on tech climbs

Other wheel set went with matte slate chris king hubs. They are beautiful as frick!

Hadleys are the shit though. Lovely.

Maybe new onyx vesper?... eh.

The new Onyx hubs are definitely on my radar. Not sure how I feel about 0 degrees of float on the trail though. Also I've traditionally always had loud hubs.
There's float in them once you are moving, the sprag system isn't super consistent you get 0 when not moving and 1-2° when moving you get more the faster you move!

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Hey guys, for featherweight brakes, is there anything as good as or better than the XTR Race? I've been loosely looking at the Hope Race Evo X2, not seeing anything weight-competitive from SRAM, and I don't really know who else has solid entries these days.
Magura MT8?
I like the feel of them (rear half of the MT Trails I have on my HT is effectively an MTCool but the original levers were a bit large for my liking - currently running the calipers with XTR M9000 Race levers, but I'd happily buy them again now that Magura have an offering with a more sensibly sized lever in the form of the HC.
Weight is competitive with XTR - both around 200g IIRC.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Trickstuff Diritissima? Spelling possibly WAY off on the model name but they do a lairy light model somewhere in the lineup.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
I forgot about them - think the Piccola is Trickstuff's weight weenie model at a claimed 158g each end.
But they cost €850/set Eek

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
I forgot about them - think the Piccola is Trickstuff's weight weenie model at a claimed 158g each end.

And unfortunately they're pretty much impossible to get hold of at the moment. I think they're dropping an updated version soon, but it'll probably be quite long until you can get a set.
However, they're by far the best lightweight option out there with more power than some competitors 4-pot brakes. Direttissima's and Maxima's are quite heavy but you could almost put them on a motorcycle.

While not as good as Trickstuff I gotta say I'm still quite happy with the latest version of the XTR Race, especially the way stiffer lever feel thanks to the new design.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 12:51 Quote
Despite pining after hopes hubs for years I'm now sick of loud hubs. Any quiet options that aren't too expensive? Wider flanges would be nice too.

After riding chainless a little I'm actually blown away by how much better the bike feels. Take your mech, cassette and chain off and do a couple of runs. Half a kilo off unsprung weight makes everything so smooth, quiet and it's so easy to pick up the back wheel and put it where you want. Maybe a low engagement hub would help in this respect? Really really want to try a gearbox bike with all the weight round the BB and away from the axle.

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
OneBanana wrote:

I'm working at a summer camp atm a kid spent that much on clothes this morning.

£650 trainers.

£150 bag.

some other shit.

Seems like quite good value compared to that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025784
Mobile Version of Website