Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
I don't need crazy engagement for most trail rides. I find it's only really essential in tech. I find as I get stronger and start doing more technical climbs, I like more engagement, but earlier in the season when I'm weak as shit, 18t is nice for the silence. Fitting then that I've got 18, 36 and 54 tooth ratchets for my DT hubs.

I wonder what kind of updates DT will make to the Star Ratchet system, if any. I guess the cool thing is that we might see others utilize that design with improvements as well.

I'd love a quieter ratchet system.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I don't need crazy engagement for most trail rides. I find it's only really essential in tech. I find as I get stronger and start doing more technical climbs, I like more engagement, but earlier in the season when I'm weak as shit, 18t is nice for the silence. Fitting then that I've got 18, 36 and 54 tooth ratchets for my DT hubs.

I wonder what kind of updates DT will make to the Star Ratchet system, if any. I guess the cool thing is that we might see others utilize that design with improvements as well.

I'd love a quieter ratchet system.

a mixture of Paul's Tenacious oil and Paul's grease works well

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
I will say that now that I am racing bmx on my DJ bike with my 54t ratchets, I really would love to have a pair of infinite engagement hubs.. My DT hub is pretty light, but after spinning around a few of the BMX bikes at the track that have stealth or Onyx hubs, it would be nice for racing use.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
I will say that now that I am racing bmx on my DJ bike with my 54t ratchets, I really would love to have a pair of infinite engagement hubs.. My DT hub is pretty light, but after spinning around a few of the BMX bikes at the track that have stealth or Onyx hubs, it would be nice for racing use.

Vesper hubs.... They be da ones Mon.
Hydras are too loud

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 16:39 Quote
added more weight with the dorados. anyone wanna take a guess at the weight? gonna finally put it on the scale

first test fit with dorados. they are gonna get a makeover inside and out. wont be much dorado left by the end

first test fit with dorados. they are gonna get a makeover inside and out. wont be much dorado left by the end

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
I've heard of floating rear brakes but not front before.

I'm guessing 38 lbs even.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
I've heard of floating rear brakes but not front before.

I'm guessing 38 lbs even.

it floats on hopes and dreams. waiting for new bigger front rotor to come in and machine a new bracket for it.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
it floats on hopes and dreams. waiting for new bigger front rotor to come in and machine a new bracket for it.

9" rotor, Magura MT7, little wheels ... Why not - it's cheaper than a Trickstuff Maxima! Hope that Nobby Nic can handle it, though Wink

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 17:01 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
it floats on hopes and dreams. waiting for new bigger front rotor to come in and machine a new bracket for it.

9" rotor, Magura MT7, little wheels ... Why not - it's cheaper than a Trickstuff Maxima! Hope that Nobby Nic can handle it, though Wink

240mm rotor lol it is 29 tho.
I do have some dirretissima levers that I need to get fittings for then they can be paired to the mt7 calipers. I always get crap for the nobby nice but I like them

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
That the new Zerode Hakinananawhawhaw?

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
240mm rotor lol it is 29 tho.
I do have some dirretissima levers that I need to get fittings for then they can be paired to the mt7 calipers. I always get crap for the nobby nice but I like them

And you will continue to get crap for the Nobby Nic. Dead Horse

That's a whole lotta brake. I'm also a fan of ridiculous brakes, though, so I won't give you crap for that.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 23:07 Quote
The Nics are pretty terrible but whatever floats your boat aye

What do you have against a MM/HD combo?

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 23:39 Quote
Yeah Nobby Nicks are shite

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
tom666 wrote:
Yeah Nobby Nicks are shite

The majority of my near death encounters on a bicycle are a direct result of Nobby Nics and their predictably terrible traction.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 5:05 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
The Nics are pretty terrible but whatever floats your boat aye

What do you have against a MM/HD combo?

when these wear out ill be swapping to that combo most likely. needed a front tire and local shop only had the NN and some XC tires so i just went with the NN in a pinch.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036286
Mobile Version of Website