Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
Yeah kinda funny how it looks a lot like the new line of low shock Santa Cruz bikes. I wonder if they'll push it back and go back to the drawing board with the design. Pretty much everyone's gonna be calling it the Enduromad or Nomduro now anyway lol

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
Probably cheaper to have marketing take those comments head on vs R&D starting over from scratch.

It may actually be in Specialized's best interest to meet Santa Cruz in a design aesthetic, but be able to beat them in price.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
seraph wrote:
Yeah kinda funny how it looks a lot like the new line of low shock Santa Cruz bikes. I wonder if they'll push it back and go back to the drawing board with the design. Pretty much everyone's gonna be calling it the Enduromad or Nomduro now anyway lol

LOL...I don't think Specialized is going to write off ~$250,000 in tooling, R&D and development costs because a photo leaked and the internet thinks it looks similar to another bike.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Probably cheaper to have marketing take those comments head on vs R&D starting over from scratch.

It may actually be in Specialized's best interest to meet Santa Cruz in a design aesthetic, but be able to beat them in price.

it may be in specialized’s best interest to make a bike that doesnt ride like poop

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
seraph wrote:
Yeah kinda funny how it looks a lot like the new line of low shock Santa Cruz bikes. I wonder if they'll push it back and go back to the drawing board with the design. Pretty much everyone's gonna be calling it the Enduromad or Nomduro now anyway lol

LOL...I don't think Specialized is going to write off ~$250,000 in tooling, R&D and development costs because a photo leaked and the internet thinks it looks similar to another bike.

+1

No way they'd scrap a design this late

Plus they will have known all along this bike was going to look like a SC, it won't be a shock to them people are saying that - they'll be ready.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 15:22 Quote
tom666 wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
seraph wrote:
Yeah kinda funny how it looks a lot like the new line of low shock Santa Cruz bikes. I wonder if they'll push it back and go back to the drawing board with the design. Pretty much everyone's gonna be calling it the Enduromad or Nomduro now anyway lol

LOL...I don't think Specialized is going to write off ~$250,000 in tooling, R&D and development costs because a photo leaked and the internet thinks it looks similar to another bike.

+1

No way they'd scrap a design this late

Plus they will have known all along this bike was going to look like a SC, it won't be a shock to them people are saying that - they'll be ready.
They'll probably try and sue Santa Cruz

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 16:36 Quote
fantaman wrote:

I was slightly excited to see the builds and then your picture ruined all my excitement since they seem to all have ohlins rear shocks.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 20:46 Quote
Is that a little arm hanging down from the upper link to drive the shock?

Maybe Specialized has decided the consumer is game more complex suspension designs and parts, but it looks...early 2000s.

EDIT: now that I look at the new Demo I see it employs something similar, but the Demo driving link is more subtle. The Enduro’s seems really prominent.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 20:57 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Is that a little arm hanging down from the upper link to drive the shock?

Maybe Specialized has decided the consumer is game more complex suspension designs and parts, but it looks...early 2000s.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 21:13 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Is that a little arm hanging down from the upper link to drive the shock?

Maybe Specialized has decided the consumer is game more complex suspension designs and parts, but it looks...early 2000s.

EDIT: now that I look at the new Demo I see it employs something similar, but the Demo driving link is more subtle. The Enduro’s seems really prominent.
I wonder if it's a linkage to counter pedaling forces like the old Felt's used to use circa 2010 or so.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 22:58 Quote
swan3609 wrote:



My rep said they were not stoked about that picture hitting vital.. Lol

They should have been mad at the Ohlins employee riding the bike. Last I heard, he was washing out used foam seals in Jokkmokk Sweden.

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Is that a little arm hanging down from the upper link to drive the shock?

Maybe Specialized has decided the consumer is game more complex suspension designs and parts, but it looks...early 2000s.

EDIT: now that I look at the new Demo I see it employs something similar, but the Demo driving link is more subtle. The Enduro’s seems really prominent.
I wonder if it's a linkage to counter pedaling forces like the old Felt's used to use circa 2010 or so.


The Felt had a little mini link at the BB that the arm seemed to actuate in parallel with the upper link.

In all the pictures I look at of the Demo 29, I can't tell if the shock is actually driven by the chainstays or not. Like, if you disconnected the bolts at the rear pivot, and swung the chainstay separate of the seatstay, would the shock move?


Or is the shock driven solely by the "Drop Link" from the seatstay pivot link? From what I can tell, this is the case. That little link that looks so funny in those 2020 catalog spy shots is driving the shock.

Makes me wanna rush home and put it into Linkage to see what the benefits are.

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
Canyon's Sender has a similar design:


Difference here is the lower link is not attached at the chainstay/mainframe pivot like the Demo.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023595
Mobile Version of Website