Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 21:58 Quote
Those frames rode like ass.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:48 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Those frames rode like ass.
Sunny that the truth!

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 22:50 Quote
Ayyyy Alex whadapp?

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Ayyyy Alex whadapp?
Just dealing with dear and doubt

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 23:59 Quote
You're a good dude. First and foremost do your thang and love yourself, cause if you don't find that self love, everything else if f*cked.

Secondly, there's peeps out there rooting for you. You're good people. Find a distraction, involve yourself, go from there.

Sorry if this has been tangential. Ajax > this thread.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 2:47 Quote
sherbet wrote:
You're a good dude. First and foremost do your thang and love yourself, cause if you don't find that self love, everything else if f*cked.

Secondly, there's peeps out there rooting for you. You're good people. Find a distraction, involve yourself, go from there.

Sorry if this has been tangential. Ajax > this thread.
Ajax > this thread Smile

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
So I swapped my 750mm bars from my old bike to my new bike, and they suddenly feel slightly narrow. Anyone else feel the need to run wider bars with a 29er?

According to Lee McCormacks calculation, 750mm is correct for my height.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
So I swapped my 750mm bars from my old bike to my new bike, and they suddenly feel slightly narrow. Anyone else feel the need to run wider bars with a 29er?

I run 780s on my 29er. 5'11" on a large here.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

I’m not buying into those calculations. I understand it’s all about optimal performance but I’d prioritize comfort and feel over marginal performance gains. So many variables like shoulder width, arm span, sweep, rise, riding style, terrain. Just get some 800 mm bars, lock on grips and take a bunch of runs moving your grips around 5mm at a time. Unless you’re racing and searching to save seconds just be comfortable and have a cockpit that feels right. 5’7” size m 785 mm bars. Wide shoulders.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
seraph wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

I run 780s on my 29er. 5'11" on a large here.

Thinking I’ll bump up to 760mm and get grips without end clamps- I’m running Ruffians which make me lose some bar width.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
Yeah I'm using the Deity Knuckledusters with good results.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

i run 760mm on my 29. too sketchy to ride fast with wide bars where i live

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

Yea f*ck that calculation, i think arm length and shoulder width matter far more then your height. I'm about 6' tall but my arm spam is closer to 6"3' I find anything under 780 feels narrow and uncomfortable.

I know calculations make things easier, but most of the factors that make up a good firing bike are preference to the rider, any calculation should be used as a starting point and adjusted for comfort or performance beyond that. I always had my customers start at 780 and we would remove 5mm after 2 weeks if they needed narrower, and repeat after two more weeks. exceptions where made for tiny people.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
I had 760s on my 5010 and they felt good, but with 29x2.6" tires and a 150mm fork on my Stumpy, the 780s feel a lot better.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Yea f*ck that calculation, i think arm length and shoulder width matter far more then your height. I'm about 6' tall but my arm spam is closer to 6"3' I find anything under 780 feels narrow and uncomfortable.

Yep.. 6'2 and 6'5 arm span.. Anything under 800 is almost unridable to me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026381
Mobile Version of Website