Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I rode a Helm Coil recently. If being massive undersprung for my weight it rode pretty damn good.

Curious to see what DVO comes up with, I want to ride a Mezzer before buying one, and still trying my hardest to avoid coils.

Has anyone ridden the MRP Ribbon enough to comment on its damper? It's probably the fork I heard the most mixed results on since the intro of the Charger back in 2014. People either love it or can never get it to feel right.

I have a 120mm ribbon air on my NS Eccentric hardtail. I have absolutely no complaints about it with the 500 or so miles I have on it at 215lbs and being an aggressive rider.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
Ok now where there is the person to chime and tell us that they could never get it to feel right?

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Ok now where there is the person to chime and tell us that they could never get it to feel right?

Bikeradar will tell you that. Tom did a pretty large fork shoutout and scored the MRP, CC, and alternative options very poorly.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 12:07 Quote
Anyone else notice a new V.10 in the background at the end of the Tallboy video? Of course the video isn't available on Youtube anymore because of some copyright issue... but we have it on repeat here at the shop and I keep seeing a different rear triangle on the V.10 at the end of the video. More like a 5010 rear end.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
PHeller wrote:
So of the mrp suspension I've ridden has been amazing. I did about 1500km on a stage and about 250 on a ribbon both where great.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 12:41 Quote
Circe wrote:
Since some of you have asked, here's SocalMX's Obit.

I wonder how his family would feel to know there's an entire group of people he met on the internet who miss him.

I miss messing with him but I will always remember him as my favorite pic will never change. I sure have met some amazing people on this site.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Circe wrote:
Since some of you have asked, here's SocalMX's Obit.

I wonder how his family would feel to know there's an entire group of people he met on the internet who miss him.

I miss messing with him but I will always remember him as my favorite pic will never change. I sure have met some amazing people on this site.

You are one of the a*sholes I want to drink a water beer with too!

I have traveled all around the world and met people from all over from this site.. It's pretty rad! My sister was studying abroad for 3 months in NZ and she stayed for a few days with some buddies of mine from on here. Badass community we have here.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
We shall one of these days soon!! Beer water all the things!! The most fun is when I sell stuff I typically do trades. If I have to go to the post office so does that person, if I am selling the item for $60 then get me $50 worth of goodies for my kids from where you live and they get a big surprise and I get rid of parts that I would normally get haggled on or sell for peanuts. $10 for shipping and away we go.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:51 Quote
For sure! Had beers with SileTzar in Croatia last September! It was dope! Gotta get back there soon! This time with mtbs!

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 14:55 Quote
Prolly didn't even drink the beer my buddy gave ya!!! lol lol Get a free hand delivered beer water and doesn't drink it. Bah! Hmm. Thought I uploaded that pic onto here. Ah well. And that frame you sent me is prolly going to the powder coaters next week. Thinking raw with this new glow in the dark powder the boss has. It's gonna be fun!!

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
Pretty rad community among the pigs, happy I stumbled across it last year and invited myself in Big Grin

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
Pigs? We don't have a clue what you are talking about? No one talks about fight club!!! lol

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
Ah shit this isn't the pig thread!?
Where am I!?

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Where am I!?

Any thread with me in it is a pig thread.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 16:27 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Where am I!?

We don't talk about fight club!!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042713
Mobile Version of Website