Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
Damn, kinda freaked out now, she is coming off haha tup

Edit: found this https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=129057&pagenum=1892

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
I have one and had no cracks or issues and now it’s on my sons bike.

Did you use a torque wrench when tightening bolts down?

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
crs-one wrote:
marin8ted wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Design flaw / fitted improperly or sheer abuse?
Had no idea they had issues
Instructions say zero gap on top bolts only

Thanks for the vote of confidence broski. I too can read instructions which is why in this photo of it installed on my bike, you'll see a gap on the bottom and not the top. And I'm not sure how relevant the faceplate bolting pattern is when it's cracking on the paper-thin steerer clamp area but either way, that's clearly not the reason mine or dh-pete's (or presumably the guys willy94 was talking about) cracked.

@ Soupherb - I've had stems crack after 1-3 years, that's obviously on me. But this Havoc lasted a month in January - I was not exactly spending all day every day out abusing this thing. 6-12 hours riding time total I'd estimate.
Not commenting on your abilities at fitting or reading,just highlighting where they obviously had issues.Have 2 Havoc stems with no problems myself but a broken TRS alloy crank .....J.R.A

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Sweet. I just wanted to make sure they won’t go snappy on me or something dumb.

Edit: 130g for the 70mm version. Damn.

How would you feel about Newmen or Syntace?
Syntace makes great shit, surprised they don't get more love.

Running a MegaForce2 40mm on my Delirium. Always liked their stuff, not blingy but light and strong

The stem is paper. Have seen a few broken ones as well. Easton discontinued them and RF didn't pick up the design, they opted to redo the turbine series instead. If that doesn't say loads about them, not sure what to say. Poor design.

dchill wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Running a MegaForce2 40mm on my Delirium. Always liked their stuff, not blingy but light and strong

Vouch on this. Insane weight, very good pricing, lots of sizing options, and you can get some pretty funky mounts if you're hip and all.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
sherbet wrote:
The stem is paper. Have seen a few broken ones as well. Easton discontinued them and RF didn't pick up the design, they opted to redo the turbine series instead. If that doesn't say loads about them, not sure what to say. Poor design.

Not really. It's more so that the DH/FR segment which the Havoc represents is such a small market share it gets no attention. It's why the Atlas stem still hasn't been updated in 5+ years.

They took the Haven stem because they needed a new aggressive trail/Enduro stem to build out Turbine R line. Haven stem looked boss, so it was an easy decision.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
Circe wrote:
Enve still makes a nice 31.8 bar.

I've been liking my Syntace Vector High35 bars a lot. 12 degree sweep.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 20:45 Quote
dchill wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Megaforce 2 still wins the strength / weight ratio and weight game. I wonder how the megaforce 3 will be.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
I love their test rig, it's a beast

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 21:56 Quote
B650wagon wrote:
Recommend a good 31.8 carbon bar, takes out the vibrations, way more than aluminum, even "vibrocore" doesn't even come close. One of my favorite upgrades.

Funn Black Ace. Smoothest bar I've used, and I've used rather a lot.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
B650wagon wrote:
Recommend a good 31.8 carbon bar, takes out the vibrations, way more than aluminum, even "vibrocore" doesn't even come close. One of my favorite upgrades.

Funn Black Ace. Smoothest bar I've used, and I've used rather a lot.

I’m loving the look of the 60mm Funn Tron stem in silver. Paired w/ the 7mm Black Ace looks like it might be the ticket.

No North American inventory on the stem, though.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
Mezzer header on Pinkbike is pretty 80/90s rad.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
I like how that Funn Ace comes 30mm rise and 785 too.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
The best stems are integrated with the bar.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023194
Mobile Version of Website