Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
31 and change, how long until the frame delaminates and you get denied warranty is the real question!

Meh. Not worried, I’ll just be a thorn in their side until they do something and then try the next fun bike that’s out.

I did notice immediately that the overall fit and finish of the carbon is not on par with my Rocky Mountain. The Rocky is better.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
We had a ton of issues with the head tube/headset fitment on the Ibis frames. Keep an ear out for some creaking from the front end.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
31 and change, how long until the frame delaminates and you get denied warranty is the real question!

Meh. Not worried, I’ll just be a thorn in their side until they do something and then try the next fun bike that’s out.

I did notice immediately that the overall fit and finish of the carbon is not on par with my Rocky Mountain. The Rocky is better.
One of my customers was sponsored by ibis and she went through 5 frames in a summer, ibis told her to pound sand after #5 and wanted her to pay crash replacement on something that they where paying her to ride. Like f*ck those guys.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
31 and change, how long until the frame delaminates and you get denied warranty is the real question!

Meh. Not worried, I’ll just be a thorn in their side until they do something and then try the next fun bike that’s out.

I did notice immediately that the overall fit and finish of the carbon is not on par with my Rocky Mountain. The Rocky is better.
One of my customers was sponsored by ibis and she went through 5 frames in a summer, ibis told her to pound sand after #5 and wanted her to pay crash replacement on something that they where paying her to ride. Like f*ck those guys.

Not swapping to something else after frame #2 failed is kind of on her, let alone frames #3 & #4.

I’m not at all worried. If it does happen, I’ll deal with it then. I bought it new from a highly reputable authorized retailer which is about all anyone can do.

Until then it rides like everything I wanted, unlike a lot of other bikes I’ve owned.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 18:42 Quote
seraph wrote:
We had a ton of issues with the head tube/headset fitment on the Ibis frames. Keep an ear out for some creaking from the front end.

Mounted a Hope headset- very snug with no concerns so far. I’ll keep an eye on it, though.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 19:56 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
If we're talking about throwing stacks of money at a bar & stem, I'd go with Gemini before Scott / Syncros.

Had not seen that these were available in a sub 30mm length till now. Aset of these in a 10mm would be nice to test out.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
When you said you had your eye on a Ripley I was thinking you meant the v4. The older models are not without their flaws. Good luck.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Damn, kinda freaked out now, she is coming off haha tup

Edit: found this https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=129057&pagenum=1892

Oh man!! That was back when SoCalMX was still with us. Miss that guy fo sho!! Took me two days to catch up, you f*ckers talk a lot!! Great reading and RMR you rule sir!! Salute

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
Has anyone here used either a Pike Ultimate or Cane Creek Helm Works? Looking for feedback on durability and ease of tuneability. Most likely building a new bike in the near future and want to try something new...

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
Boss has been rocking the Helm and says it has destroyed all his previous forks very easily. He will be throwing it on his new Troy and sending it in to get a new CSU to go to 42mm offset. YOU BUY MEOW!!!

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Damn, kinda freaked out now, she is coming off haha tup

Edit: found this https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=129057&pagenum=1892

Oh man!! That was back when SoCalMX was still with us. Miss that guy fo sho!! Took me two days to catch up, you f*ckers talk a lot!! Great reading and RMR you rule sir!! Salute

Thank you ... for whatever I did.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
Sharing knowledge without coming off like BBLB... Love you Badbad!! lol

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Sharing knowledge without coming off like BBLB... Love you Badbad!! lol

Oh no, now other people are going to chime in. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Sharing knowledge without coming off like BBLB... Love you Badbad!! lol
lol Hey, being an a*shole is part of my charm!

What happened to SoCalMX... now that you mention it, that dude hasn't been around in ages, where'd he run off to?

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 16:59 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Sharing knowledge without coming off like BBLB... Love you Badbad!! lol

bigquotesThe “competitive exclusion principle” (CEP), usually attributed to Gause (1934), states: “Two species with identical niches (and compete for a single resource) cannot coexist together indefinitely.”

"Opinionated jerk" had already been called, so I had to settle for being informative.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024415
Mobile Version of Website