Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
dchill wrote:
seraph wrote:
EE-Wings cranks are nice but personally I think the titanium color ruins a lot of builds. They look more at home on a titanium hardtail.

couple of guys here are running them on enduro/park rigs and love them. these guys have bent most other cranks.

Yeah I'm not saying they're not strong, I'm saying they look out of place on a lot of bikes.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
seraph wrote:
dchill wrote:
seraph wrote:
EE-Wings cranks are nice but personally I think the titanium color ruins a lot of builds. They look more at home on a titanium hardtail.

couple of guys here are running them on enduro/park rigs and love them. these guys have bent most other cranks.

Yeah I'm not saying they're not strong, I'm saying they look out of place on a lot of bikes.

Anyone been anodizing them yet?

Yes, I know ..weight game but .. colour

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
Anodizing would be neat. Black EE Wings would be really cool and stealth.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
seraph wrote:
dchill wrote:
seraph wrote:

I don't know why, but EEwings would look nice on a bike like this one:

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
seraph wrote:
Anodizing would be neat. Black EE Wings would be really cool and stealth.

Agreed

Shiny shiny is nice and all that, but as you already mentioned, doesn't always sit well on many builds

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:52 Quote
seraph wrote:

I photoshopped some onto my bike. I think they look pretty cool on there.

One of my buddies said he doesn't like the silver on the black build, but I think they're pretty cool. They'd be a bit of a centre piece

Photoshopped some eewings on. Thoughts

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
Personally think they look good, even if they stand out;

Temp bike. 27.8lbs.

I may be biased. Love me some ti.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
Only reason I haven’t bought some is the aesthetics. This would be different if I had a nice steel or Ti hardtail, with a raw finish.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
Ti always looks good. I've never looked at a high zoot carbon bike and said to myself "wow those ti cages look out of place."

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
tom666 wrote:

One of my buddies said he doesn't like the silver on the black build, but I think they're pretty cool. They'd be a bit of a centre piece

As a builder, don't let the parts upstage your frame!

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 20:48 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
tom666 wrote:

As a builder, don't let the parts upstage your frame!

In this case it would need to be a full Cane Creek set. Shock, fork and cranks would be okay. But otherwise I agree.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 8:51 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Ti always looks good. I've never looked at a high zoot carbon bike and said to myself "wow those ti cages look out of place."

Oh, I have. Carbon bike, carbon cages.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
seraph wrote:
sherbet wrote:

This.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
seraph wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Carbon bolts?

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
When I mentioned the idea of anodizing eWings previously I got nearly ran out of here.

On certain bikes they look swell, especially raw alloy bikes or bikes with lots of titanium or satin metal accents.

On other bikes without those accents, they look out of place, and black anodizing would help that. For $1000 they should paint them or anodize them freaking rainbow colors if thats what a customer wants.

Edit this also the weight game thread so there are lighter options that are all black.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036318
Mobile Version of Website