Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
I've got a set of Deity Vendetta cranks with a ti spindle that are actually pretty light all things considered. I just don't have a good bike to use them on.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 5:03 Quote
nubbs wrote:

Been sending tons of bikepark laps on them xx1 cranks and they're solid.
In bike park mode here. 33lb 5oz, cushcore rear wheel, xl frame, heavy ass tires.

Sorry but I've just got to take a minute to drool over this build. 36 csu with zocchi lowers too, I'm in love! lol What made you do it? Just because it looks badass or is there a performance reason? (AXS looks immense too)

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 6:13 Quote
isnt the point of axs to not look immense...?

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
Liking that sticker above the chainring Salute

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
SileTzar wrote:

Cascadia or other?

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
Ever had your brake pads fly out of the calliper and over your head?
Tighten up those bolts kids.

Winning the weight game though lol

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
shoshy wrote:
Ever had your brake pads fly out of the calliper and over your head?
Tighten up those bolts kids.

Winning the weight game though lol

Actually yes

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
Wolftooth Nickel plated Chainrings

Both round & elliptical, available for Eewings now

...& Sram / Shimano

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

Cascadia or other?

Of course Cascadia! Hahaha

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 13:44 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
SileTzar wrote:

Cascadia or other?

Of course Cascadia! Hahaha

^^^^^ He's the guy with the kewl stickers! I know him!

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
nubbs wrote:

Been sending tons of bikepark laps on them xx1 cranks and they're solid.
In bike park mode here. 33lb 5oz, cushcore rear wheel, xl frame, heavy ass tires.

Sorry but I've just got to take a minute to drool over this build. 36 csu with zocchi lowers too, I'm in love! lol What made you do it? Just because it looks badass or is there a performance reason? (AXS looks immense too)

I did it because I had the other z1 fork to poach the lowers from. I got bored when I couldnt ride... Plus it looks freaking sick! Have yet to see another one like it.

The plan is to go coil on the 36 so its like a throwback kind of thing? idk yet.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 13:54 Quote
nubbs wrote:

I did it because I had the other z1 fork to poach the lowers from. I got bored when I couldnt ride... Plus it looks freaking sick! Have yet to see another one like it.

The plan is to go coil on the 36 so its like a throwback kind of thing? idk yet.

Oh god a coil swap in there would be so dope, such a sick idea

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
I'm about to service my fox 36 grip 2 lowers and airside. Can I just use rockshox oil for that since I have a bunch of it? It seems kinda silly to buy two new oils from fox when I have the rockshox stuff. Really all the oil in the lowers does is lube the seals right?

Cheers

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
MrMiyagi wrote:
I'm about to service my fox 36 grip 2 lowers and airside. Can I just use rockshox oil for that since I have a bunch of it? It seems kinda silly to buy two new oils from fox when I have the rockshox stuff. Really all the oil in the lowers does is lube the seals right?

Cheers
Not on the damper side. You should but the 5wt fox stuff for that side atleast. It's like $20?

I would guess you need fox 5wt teflon for damper 40cc and fox 20wt gold 20cc for the air side.

The oil helps on the seals but more importantly keeps the bushings from being ran dry and get all knackered.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
Maxima fluids is where it's at

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025474
Mobile Version of Website