Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 22:11 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Totally off topic..

Dad and I are finishing up a new shop and we are trying to figure out bike storage solution that doesn't use up floor space and keeps bikes out of harms way (we weld/grind/automotive work daily) We have 15ish bikes to store and I was hoping to lift them up 10ft+ since we put 18ft rafters in.

I was thinking about a beam with hooks for tires and a pulley system with an electric winch that raises and lowers the entire assembly down to floor level and then back up to the rafters..

Anyone ever seen a similar setup or have any other suggestions?

You probably have a few bikes that get used a lot more often than others. The oft-used ones may warrant a fancy system, while the others can be stowed more efficiently, with less convenient access. This may simplify your set-up.

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 22:29 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Totally off topic..

Dad and I are finishing up a new shop and we are trying to figure out bike storage solution that doesn't use up floor space and keeps bikes out of harms way (we weld/grind/automotive work daily) We have 15ish bikes to store and I was hoping to lift them up 10ft+ since we put 18ft rafters in.

I was thinking about a beam with hooks for tires and a pulley system with an electric winch that raises and lowers the entire assembly down to floor level and then back up to the rafters..

You probably have a few bikes that get used a lot more often than others. The oft-used ones may warrant a fancy system, while the others can be stowed more efficiently, with less convenient access. This may simplify your set-up.

I'd say 8 get used weekly with the others being used monthly. The other 10 less used bikes live elsewhere and my own DJ, DH, CX and trail bike live at my house.... Crazy that a family of 5 has 25+ bikes that actually get used.. Haha

But I had the idea to do the most used 10 on a electric setup and then do the other 5 or 6 on a hand driven version.. Our shop floor space is pretty well spoken for, but we have everything from 10 to 18ft open on one entire 40ft wall.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 22:59 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Totally off topic..

Saw basically that exact setup but with only six bikes in a buddy's barn... pulley system attached to a 4x4 with hooks for the bikes and a few castor wheels on the back side that rolled up the wall. Front tire was fixed on the beam, back tire just rolled up the wall. Worked really well but I wasn't involved in building it so not sure what kind of challenges he faced setting it up.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:28 Quote
Wale wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Anyone know where I can find some real world info / feedback on the Pole Evolink 131?

photo

Well there is a Pole riders Group on Facebook.

I'll check out the group- I just tend to be wary of owners groups like that, as they often seem to concoct their own special cool-aid.

Lots of info on the 140, but I would assume there must be some distinct differences with the 131 in order to be its own bike in the lineup.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:34 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Totally off topic..

I'd say 8 get used weekly with the others being used monthly. The other 10 less used bikes live elsewhere and my own DJ, DH, CX and trail bike live at my house.... Crazy that a family of 5 has 25+ bikes that actually get used.. Haha

But I had the idea to do the most used 10 on a electric setup and then do the other 5 or 6 on a hand driven version.. Our shop floor space is pretty well spoken for, but we have everything from 10 to 18ft open on one entire 40ft wall.
N+1. Best to be prepared!!
N 1

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 2:40 Quote
A slightly less elegant solution from China

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 3:10 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Wale wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Anyone know where I can find some real world info / feedback on the Pole Evolink 131?

photo

I'll check out the group- I just tend to be wary of owners groups like that, as they often seem to concoct their own special cool-aid.

Lots of info on the 140, but I would assume there must be some distinct differences with the 131 in order to be its own bike in the lineup.

Yes, that is true.

I think it is the least sold model in their lineup. Pole is pretty much known for their full blown enduro rigs. I don't think that people find the 131 very interesting.

EDIT: I'm going to demo Pole bikes not this but next Saturday. If the 131 is available I can give my thoughts and how it compares to other models.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 4:11 Quote
Wale wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
Wale wrote:

Yes, that is true.

I think it is the least sold model in their lineup. Pole is pretty much known for their full blown enduro rigs. I don't think that people find the 131 very interesting.

EDIT: I'm going to demo Pole bikes not this but next Saturday. If the 131 is available I can give my thoughts and how it compares to other models.

Please do. There is literally no content to be found on it- even so much as a product release article. I went back a ways on their Facebook too with basically nothing on the 131.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
I'll have to interview the guys about the bike. It was originally made with 650B wheels but was quickly changed to 29. I have seen one in flesh. Can't recall if it was a 650B or 29er but it was XL and I think it was a pre production model. It was one of our customer's bike when I worked at a bike shop couple years ago. It is pretty weird though that there is no information at all about it.

There is a 158 in large for sale nearby. Very tempting...

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

N+1. Best to be prepared!!
N 1

Shop is only 30'x40' but I'll ask dad about this addition proposal. Good call.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
That would go nicely as an addition to any shop I say thats the only solution.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

photo

Nothing much to go by online

Probably the pick of the bunch, expect it will run with a 160mm fork really well - have read a Pole 140 with a 140mm fork just isn't enough to take advantage of the geometry available - the HA° taking away a section of usable fork travel

Poor wording on my part, but you get what I am alluding to I hope lol

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
That would go nicely as an addition to any shop I say thats the only solution.

Agreed. An indoor skate park would be good too, I'll add that to the proposal.

But I am getting to the point where I'd like to have a 2nd car lift in the shop.. The 2 post works great for most things, but a 4 post would be handy to have too, plus then you can store things under things then.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 10:02 Quote
Wale wrote:
Anyone here ridden both Lyrik RC2 and DVO Diamond? How do they compare? DVO sure has more bling factor but how about the performance? Spare parts for RS are easier to get for sure.

For rear shock I'm pretty much set on the Topaz T3.

I own a DVO diamond in 160 travel. I also have a Topaz T3.

I also have a few hours on the Lyrik RC2 in both 160 travel and 180 travel.

Both are really good forks. I think the Lyrik probably wins for midstoke support and recovery between hits, but the DVO is more plush, provides better grip and has nicer adjustment in my experience.

The base settings DVO recommend in the guide were absolutely bang on for me, where as I wasn't as stoked with the Lyriks on base settings - once the Lyriks had enough air in for me they just didn't feel that nice, felt pretty dead, however they work well on the trail, particularly on chunky stuff. Predictable and composed.

DVO stoke factor is way higher, feels so good, barely get arm pump with it, OTT is sick, axle is green. It has a 6-stage compression dial which is dope (and green). With the compression wide open you do blow through travel a bit sometimes, but if it's a real issue you can either add more air or more compression.

Lyrik is kinda like your step dad who's kinda harsh but he's there when you need him and is actually a good guy.

Diamond is like your actual dad, feels better to be with your real dad.

You'll be stoked with either, but the diamond is green and matches the topaz.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
dchill wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

No.. The tellis has the cable head at the post vs at the lever for the command post.. The tellis lever is really nice and has a super light action as clap mentioned. I didn't miss my SRL levers moving to the tellis.

Clap.. Send me some all dressed chips and poutine..been craving it lately..

Yeah they stopped selling the all dressed chips here in the States. Those are the best chips ever.

You can use the Wolftooth LA remote or the cane creek if you want adjustable levers. Switched my Tellis to the WT remote.

I'd agree that the stock lever is OK for one that's included, but definitely lacks any adjustment or interchangeable mounts. Sure would be cool if there was a new version coming in early 2020 that had something like 30 degree reach adjustment, 10mm lateral adjustment and interchangeable mounts. A boy can dream...Wink

Another vote for the Tellis! I just put one on my Rootdown a few rides ago and have nothing but good things to say about it. The fit and finish is great with absolutely no lateral or rotational play and the lever actuation is nice too. The only thing that could be improved upon is the lever, but it sounds like that's in the works... I'm planning to get one for my other bike in the next month or so.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043008
Mobile Version of Website