Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:17 Quote
dingus wrote:
Any recommendations for flat pedal shoes? Been using some old Impacts and some Ion Raids recently but they're needing replaced. The Ions are nice but maybe a bit stiff and not as grippy as the 5Tens. Is there anything that is as grippy as stealth rubber?
Spd's

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
As long as the Earth is flat, my pedals will be too.

NEXT.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
dingus wrote:
As long as the Earth is flat, my pedals will be too.

NEXT.

How about plastic pedals like Kona Wah-Wah?
My feet hurt noticeably less on plastic than with metal pedals (Vaults, Spikes and Boomslangs)

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
I haven't had any problems with comfort, either way I still need new shoes. Unless you're talking about riding barefoot.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:06 Quote
FiveTen is pretty tough to beat... any reason you don't want to stick with them or are you just looking to try something new?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 6:36 Quote
dingus wrote:
Any recommendations for flat pedal shoes? Been using some old Impacts and some Ion Raids recently but they're needing replaced. The Ions are nice but maybe a bit stiff and not as grippy as the 5Tens. Is there anything that is as grippy as stealth rubber?

I’d check out Ride Concepts. I got tired of 5.10s falling apart so quickly regardless of the model I got so I tried the RC Wildcats. Finish and quality was definitely better than 5.10 so out of the box they seemed better already. Grip wise, they’re definitely close to 5.10. With a good pair of pedals there’s no lack of grip. I didn’t have a chance to try the Powerline (as I went to clips, gasp!) but they have an even more grippy rubber than the Wildcats did. I think you’ll be impressed with RC! Silverfish does them in the UK as well so should be relatively easy to obtain.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
dingus wrote:

Pretty pleased with my RideConcepts Wildcats so far. They wear in pretty quick and aren't as stiff as the Impacts but they're better than Freeriders

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
Another vote for Wildcats. Really comfortable for me, and I liked the reinforced toe box. Agreed they aren't quite as grippy as 510's but didn't a day at the park last week without issues.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:31 Quote
dingus wrote:

freeriders are okay but kinda stiff. i like vans pro series for longer rides

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
dingus wrote:

I like my Shimanos a lot. My favorite feature is the lace cover.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
i got the addidas trailcross hightops and like them alot. little stiffer then i prefer but hopefully they will loosen up a bit more as time goes on

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
sosburn wrote:

lolwut?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
i also have a pair of shimano shoes, am9, but havent worn them enough to really say anything yet, no foot cramping or anything on a 3 lap downieville day though so pretty good so far.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:06 Quote
iggzdaloc wrote:
sosburn wrote:

lolwut?

the freeriders hurt my feet on longer rides.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030719
Mobile Version of Website