Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
With Fidlock its my understanding that the reliability of the mounting is all in the orientation of the bottle.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
I love Fidlock- it does exactly what it claims. I use it on my Ibis which has tight clearance under the shock.

Fidlock all the things.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 17:25 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
I love Fidlock- it does exactly what it claims. I use it on my Ibis which has tight clearance under the shock.

Fidlock all the things.

Just ordered one for my TCI!

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
shoshy wrote:
How do you guys strap stuff to the frame without it falling off? Please don't say duct tape.
I already lost one bike pump and one water bottle.
Any bottle cages that stand out? I figure that the best for tool is oneUp EDC, what about mounting the pump?

Attachment: Dakine Hot Laps frame pack and/or Backcountry Research strap. Pump mounts under/beside the bottle cage. Seth's Bike Hacks discussed some popular options and new ones are appearing every few months.

Cage: Almost any cage can do a great job of retention with the addition of a strap.

Pump: The EDC is compact, but it's expensive and you might find an equally good, cheaper, solution with some pump on sale and an alternative tool set-up. Always go for a high-volume pump: there's no replacement for displacement and no amount of telescoping handles, double-action shenanigans, or carbon barrels are going to make much of a difference. Length and girth are all they're cracked up to be, especially if you're trying to seat a tubeless tire while being eaten by mosquitoes.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 19:24 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
shoshy wrote:
How do you guys strap stuff to the frame without it falling off? Please don't say duct tape.
I already lost one bike pump and one water bottle.
Any bottle cages that stand out? I figure that the best for tool is oneUp EDC, what about mounting the pump?

Attachment: Dakine Hot Laps frame pack and/or Backcountry Research strap. Pump mounts under/beside the bottle cage. Seth's Bike Hacks discussed some popular options and new ones are appearing every few months.

Cage: Almost any cage can do a great job of retention with the addition of a strap.

Pump: The EDC is compact, but it's expensive and you might find an equally good, cheaper, solution with some pump on sale and an alternative tool set-up. Always go for a high-volume pump: there's no replacement for displacement and no amount of telescoping handles, double-action shenanigans, or carbon barrels are going to make much of a difference. Length and girth are all they're cracked up to be, especially if you're trying to seat a tubeless tire while being eaten by mosquitoes.

+1 for dakine hotlaps

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 21:36 Quote
Gonna try this and see how it goes:

photo

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
That looks sketchy as f*ck

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 22:17 Quote
I should also mention the Blackburn Outpost Corner bag. Decent product, light, cheap, and fits most bikes. Good for stashing lunch and maybe a super compact vest or jacket.

An even better - and not much more expensive - option is an Alpine Threadworks custom bag. Turn all the available space in your frame into storage!

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 22:20 Quote
Ive ridden 60 or so miles with a C02 cannister in the same spot, no strap, without issue. The pump is bigger for sure, but it sits inboard of the ring and forward, but not so far forward that my foot would make contact.

Only way to know is to ride it and see what happens.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 22:22 Quote
Oh and dont mind the shitty water bottle in the bent to hell cage. Still workin on that.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 0:32 Quote
I've been using the PDW Ninja for a while now and love it. Used it on road and mtb tyres so as long as you put a bit of grease on it every now and again you will be fine.

It does both Co2 and a pump so is good for both

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
DELETED (Sorry wrong thread)

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
james-skipper wrote:
DELETED (Sorry wrong thread)

You are wrong.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 5:05 Quote
Question for RMR.

Why aren’t bike company’s designing frames with decent bottom out resistance?

All modern Enduro frames seem to be pretty linear so people are stuffing air shocks full of spacers and getting progressive springs for coil shocks.

Is it because 80% of the people who buy bikes aren’t riding them hard enough to need bottom out resistance?

My ideal frame would be linear to sag, then a quick rising rate to about 50% to provide mid stroke support and then maybe taper off slightly but still rise towards 100%?

I would like to run a coil but can’t see many frames that would be progressive enough. The limited edition alu Capra seems like the best option

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 5:14 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
Why aren’t bike company’s designing frames with decent bottom out resistance?

My Rocky had great end stroke bottom out resistance, but a lot of people whined online that they weren’t getting full travel out of their shock- an issue I never had which leads me to believe the complainers just weren’t hard riders.

Rocky made the new version more linear to “solve” this- which sucks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.062931
Mobile Version of Website