Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Author Message
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Performance be damned, you must match! If it will be DVO in the rear, has to be DVO up front too.

My Enduro was full DVO this last year.. Was very good.. Granted I have no time on the newest RS/Fox offerings.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Performance be damned, you must match! If it will be DVO in the rear, has to be DVO up front too.

Exactly what I thought. Pretty weird that Super Deluxe isn't offered in 210x55mmConfused

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:17 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
scotteh wrote:
Performance be damned, you must match! If it will be DVO in the rear, has to be DVO up front too.

My Enduro was full DVO this last year.. Was very good.. Granted I have no time on the newest RS/Fox offerings.

The Diamond seems to be very tuneable. Do you think it's not an issue that the air volume can't be adjusted? Also how is the servicing compared to RS/Fox?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
OTT is the best thing, get the Diamond.
Fully serviceable at home too

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
OTT seems like a really cool feature.

I'm still a little hesitant on whether I should get a Jeffsy 29 CF Comp and upgrade the suspension to DVO or go all in with the Pro Race. With the CF Comp I would have extra fork for my second bike though.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
The OTT is a nice feature.. With my 215lbs and aggressive style, I have to run the OTT maxed out, a little more would be welcome. But I loved the Diamond for my use.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 16:30 Quote
OTT is just an adjustable negative spring. It's great for people below about 200 lbs.; above that, the spring isn't stiff enough to do its job.

Shame DVO doesn't offer the negative spring in different rates.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
Anyone know where I can find some real world info / feedback on the Pole Evolink 131?


Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 19:44 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Looks yellow.

Traditional american mustard I'm color. Readily available.

Dvo vs new rockshox? New charger damper and air springs are super awesome. Easier to get parts etc. I can go on.

Dvo seems great don't get me wrong. Just more bling factor is all I see with their products vs rockshox forks. Sram warranty is very legit for industry AND the consumer level.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 21:10 Quote
Totally off topic..


Dad and I are finishing up a new shop and we are trying to figure out bike storage solution that doesn't use up floor space and keeps bikes out of harms way (we weld/grind/automotive work daily) We have 15ish bikes to store and I was hoping to lift them up 10ft+ since we put 18ft rafters in.

I was thinking about a beam with hooks for tires and a pulley system with an electric winch that raises and lowers the entire assembly down to floor level and then back up to the rafters..

Anyone ever seen a similar setup or have any other suggestions?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 22:00 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Axxe wrote:
Looks yellow.

Traditional american mustard I'm color. Readily available.

Dvo vs new rockshox? New charger damper and air springs are super awesome. Easier to get parts etc. I can go on.

Dvo seems great don't get me wrong. Just more bling factor is all I see with their products vs rockshox forks. Sram warranty is very legit for industry AND the consumer level.

Parts and warranty is something I was also thinking about. These are so good with RS and something I can appreciate after having problems with my Durolux back in the days.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Anyone know where I can find some real world info / feedback on the Pole Evolink 131?


probably similar to the 140 which has tons of reviews

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 22:09 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
Anyone know where I can find some real world info / feedback on the Pole Evolink 131?


Well there is a Pole riders Group on Facebook.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 22:11 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Totally off topic..


Dad and I are finishing up a new shop and we are trying to figure out bike storage solution that doesn't use up floor space and keeps bikes out of harms way (we weld/grind/automotive work daily) We have 15ish bikes to store and I was hoping to lift them up 10ft+ since we put 18ft rafters in.

I was thinking about a beam with hooks for tires and a pulley system with an electric winch that raises and lowers the entire assembly down to floor level and then back up to the rafters..

Anyone ever seen a similar setup or have any other suggestions?

You probably have a few bikes that get used a lot more often than others. The oft-used ones may warrant a fancy system, while the others can be stowed more efficiently, with less convenient access. This may simplify your set-up.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022440
Mobile Version of Website