Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
I don't know.. Maybe it's the terrain where I live but I've never got along with ceramic/organic pads. Every bike I have had that I kept running the stock ceramic pads (maybe the stockers are a bad example of pad?), I have simply hated them. Last few bikes I have bought I immediately have swapped metallics in before the first ride. Whether its dry or wet they just seem to stop me faster and more consistently.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
That and I burn through the pads almost twice as fast. Maybe a big guy problem for me at 220lbs.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
That and I burn through the pads almost twice as fast. Maybe a big guy problem for me at 220lbs.

Why I"m going to try Disco Kevlar, 220 lbs too

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 0:56 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Totally off topic..

Dad and I are finishing up a new shop and we are trying to figure out bike storage solution that doesn't use up floor space and keeps bikes out of harms way (we weld/grind/automotive work daily) We have 15ish bikes to store and I was hoping to lift them up 10ft+ since we put 18ft rafters in.

I was thinking about a beam with hooks for tires and a pulley system with an electric winch that raises and lowers the entire assembly down to floor level and then back up to the rafters..

Anyone ever seen a similar setup or have any other suggestions?
I was actually thinking about this more seriously. I love designing and building stuff like this. I would look into building a large scale aluminum tray rack setup with alternating bike directions. You could rig it to a chain and hand crank pully system. Down side would be youd need a large area of the shop cleared out to lower it.

Looking at the layout of the shop, I will have a spot where the floor should always be open to allow the use of the car lift.

Basically my idea is to build a T frame with hooks on the ends of the T and a 4x8' sheet of plywood in the center. That way you could have 4-5 bikes on either side of the plywood and then hoist the entire assembly upto 15' with a 800lb electric cable hoist with the controller mounted on the wall. That way wife, sister and mom can load and unload bikes without dad or I.

Have a look on Barelli's instagram, he put a post on about something similar a couple of months ago

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
Mini pump vs C02?

I recently picked up a Leznye mini pump after a few years of carrying C02. I just like the versatility of a pump better than cannisters, as convenient as they are. I carry a tube anyway, so it’s not like I’m trying to reset tubeless beads. Plus a mini pump can refill my command post when it loses air every couple of rides.

Oh I don’t think I’ve ever had a situation where a plug inflator would be necessary. I’m not that rad I guess.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 7:27 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Mini pump vs C02?

I recently picked up a Leznye mini pump after a few years of carrying C02. I just like the versatility of a pump better than cannisters, as convenient as they are. I carry a tube anyway, so it’s not like I’m trying to reset tubeless beads. Plus a mini pump can refill my command post when it loses air every couple of rides.

I always carry both. C02 to re-set the bead/fill a tire from flat fast, and a pump to adjust pressures or incase the C02s have been used already. I carry a silly small pump though, would take all day to fill tire from flat.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Mini pump vs C02?

Oh I don’t think I’ve ever had a situation where a plug inflator would be necessary. I’m not that rad I guess.

I'm all in for team mini pump (oneup 100cc + edc), but test out that lezyne at home before you bring it on a ride. They are quite prone to pulling out valve cores.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to tighten down my valve cores and grease the threads on the pump hose.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
Ahahah

PinkBike posts "spy shots" of new Ibis bike, a day later Ibis releases the HD5.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
I recently had my front tire burp and roll off the rim on a fast off camber.
Couldn't seat it back with the mini pump, didn't have co2, ended up spending ages getting it up to at least a couple psi because the pump was pretty worn out and didn't fit snug on the core.
Immediately ordered a new mini pump, co2 inflators and cartridges, tire plugs and tool, better levers and a couple tubes.
You can never be too safe. That experience was so god damn frustrating.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Ahahah

Welcome to modern advertising. Brian Park has told me in the past it's complete happenstance when that happens.

Uh huh.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:26 Quote
The release is titled "HD5 has a different approach to suspension" and then goes on to say "The intent is for the wheels to respond quickly to impacts during compression, and to rebound just as quickly in order to keep tracking along the ground. "
Seriously?

Well, that's different from my approach of responding like a slowpoke and then having a delay in launching my wheels as far from the ground as possible. Imagine if you will, a pogo stick with lag.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:52 Quote
sherbet wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Ahahah

Welcome to modern advertising. Brian Park has told me in the past it's complete happenstance when that happens.

Uh huh.

Someone called it on the "spy shots" post and he gave the same response

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 9:54 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Mini pump vs C02?

I always carry both. C02 to re-set the bead/fill a tire from flat fast, and a pump to adjust pressures or incase the C02s have been used already. I carry a silly small pump though, would take all day to fill tire from flat.

yeah same. oneup EDC pump and tool in the bag, and then i have a dakine hot laps thingy that straps a tube, co2 and tire lever to my frame. the EDC pump doubles as a co2 applicator so i don't have to carry anything else.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
Frickin EDS pump does everything. If the Lenzye pump doesn't work out I'll be looking for an EDC. You can even store a multi-tool INSIDE of it. Craziness.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026949
Mobile Version of Website