Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
The 27.5 wheels go on a buddies kids bike, and I have a set of carbon 29 wheels for the Kenevo

That sounds reasonable. Will a 29" rear fit on the Kenevo? Clearance looks tight, from what I can see in photos.

Also my concern.. Wife is 110lbs.. So a 29x2.3 would be fine. But a 2.6" would be better.

If I was less lazy, I'd figure the circumference of a 27.5x2.8 it comes with and the 29x.2.6 and 2.3 and see from there.

Make it a mixer. Shorter travel 29" fork on the front.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 17:47 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

That sounds reasonable. Will a 29" rear fit on the Kenevo? Clearance looks tight, from what I can see in photos.

Also my concern.. Wife is 110lbs.. So a 29x2.3 would be fine. But a 2.6" would be better.

If I was less lazy, I'd figure the circumference of a 27.5x2.8 it comes with and the 29x.2.6 and 2.3 and see from there.

Then homeboys son gets a carbon 29 rear and a alloy 27.5 front.. Haha

It being 27.5 wouldn't be a deal breaker.. Just if I could get 29" wheels into that 180 lyrik, I could really outfit my other bike better while putting something better suited for her at the same time.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 21:22 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

It being 27.5 wouldn't be a deal breaker.. Just if I could get 29" wheels into that 180 lyrik, I could really outfit my other bike better while putting something better suited for her at the same time.

It's an interesting project; looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

Bummer if you have to put 'cross tires on it to make the 29ers fit Wink

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
I rode a Kenevo today. New one. What a rocket. Easily the best e-bike I've ever ridden.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

It's an interesting project; looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

Bummer if you have to put 'cross tires on it to make the 29ers fit Wink

I have never tired to make the wife into a cyclist.. But she rode our shops test Levo and loved it. She rides a Levo and I ride my regular Enduro and it actually makes riding into something we can both enjoy.. Kinda hard to beat!

Circe wrote:
I rode a Kenevo today. New one. What a rocket. Easily the best e-bike I've ever ridden.

I could buy 1 new 2020 Kenevo , or a 2019 Kenevo and Levo.. As much as I want the 2020, I can't justify 1 bike for me vs 2 bikes for me and the wife.

But I do want that 700wh battery... But oh well.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 21:55 Quote
Two bikes for the price of one is there correct answer.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 22:03 Quote
If wife is stoked and wants to go ride.. I'd be selling 2 or 3 of my bikes if that's what it took to get her out there.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 23:02 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
If wife is stoked and wants to go ride.. I'd be selling 2 or 3 of my bikes if that's what it took to get her out there.
I had a dozen or so customers who did exactly this, a few claimed it saved their marriage. Long live the ebike

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
I had a dozen or so customers who did exactly this, a few claimed it saved their marriage. Long live the ebike

Not going to claim its going to be the best thing we ever did, but if she wants to come play in the woods, I will gladly make that happen!

We also moved back to our hometown in the downtown area... I was so close to buying a 50cc moped.. But I realized I had way more fun and be faster on the Turbo Levo around than I ever would have on a moped.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 23:16 Quote
What's the best side load bottle cage or is Fidlock the way to go?

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 23:29 Quote
I’ve used Specialized Zee cages for yonks and had zero issue. Light, cheap, durable, available in left or right side loading.

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 23:44 Quote
Wale wrote:

Do you have any special requirements? Some people need it to sit close to the frame, I needed a cage that positioned the bottle rearward, maybe you have some other need?

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
wohwee wrote:
I’ve used Specialized Zee cages for yonks and had zero issue. Light, cheap, durable, available in left or right side loading.

The Zee cages are great.. The Roll cages are another good option if you want the ability to change the direction the bottle loads into the cage.

Additional plus is that the Zee cage has the mounting setup for the Swat multi tool on the bottom of the cage..

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Wale wrote:

Do you have any special requirements? Some people need it to sit close to the frame, I needed a cage that positioned the bottle rearward, maybe you have some other need?
I’m looking for a cage that mounts as rearward as possible, any suggestions? Worst case I might have to grab a Wolftooth B-Rad setup, but I imagine that will add stack height, which is also an issue.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023488
Mobile Version of Website