Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
dchill wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Did it boys and girl. Turbo Levo is on its way.

No ragrats.

No Evo Kenevo?

Next year maybe? Maybe make an Evo Levo? Snagged 2 of the 2019 Levo comps. I'll ride it for a while and sell it next summer for either the 2020 Levo or Kenevo..

I really don't need a Kenevo.. I have an Enduro and a 27.5 M9 and I only ride both of them at a resort. The Levo is slotting in where I don't have a full suspension trail bike.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
dchill wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Did it boys and girl. Turbo Levo is on its way.

No ragrats.

No Evo Kenevo?

Next year maybe? Maybe make an Evo Levo? Snagged 2 of the 2019 Levo comps. I'll ride it for a while and sell it next summer for either the 2020 Levo or Kenevo..

I really don't need a Kenevo.. I have an Enduro and a 27.5 M9 and I only ride both of them at a resort. The Levo is slotting in where I don't have a full suspension trail bike.

i wish i had the kind of terrain to justify several types of bikes. the best i can seem to figure is a mid travel 29 trail bike and either a gravel bike or an xc bike

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 0:24 Quote
sosburn wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
dchill wrote:

No Evo Kenevo?

i wish i had the kind of terrain to justify several types of bikes. the best i can seem to figure is a mid travel 29 trail bike and either a gravel bike or an xc bike

Kinda 3 different tiers of bike quiver that I could really get away with..

Minimalist would be 3 bike setup.
-DJ bike, 150-160 29er trail/enduro bike and a 28-32c gravel bike.

Mid tier would be a 4-5 bike setup
- DJ, 130 aggressive trail bike, DH bike, and same gravel setup. Add E-bike or commuter if needed

Top tier being 6+ were you have a bike for every genre and/or multiples for the same genre.. I am currently in this stage.
-2 DJ bikes (a Pumptrack/BMX cruiser class and an actual park/jump bike I am fine with beating on), a Park BMX and Race BMX, the 130-160 29er Hardtail, a 130mm full suspension trail bike, the 160mm Enduro bike, DH bike, retro DH bikes, Cyclocross bike, road bike, 150mm Ebike, and probably a dozen "cruiser" projects or old hardtails for kicking around town and down to the bars.

I had the 4-5 bike quiver for a long time and never really felt like I was lacking for much.. But the dedicated DH bike is a nice addition for riding park 10+ days a year and the Hardtail 29er has been a super fun addition that keeps rides entertaining and spicy.. Then ebikes just kick ass.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 8:15 Quote
You know, I’ve owned every type of mountain bike there is to own. Multiple DH bikes, free ride, mini DH, enduro, super enduro, all mountain, trail, down country, whatever. You name it.

At the end of the day, there’s only so much time to ride and maintain. So I have one sweet all mountain/enduro bike. I rent a DH bike when I’m in a Whistler and will borrow/rent a hardtail if I’m doing something XC/Gravel (yuck).

I also have a dirt jumper and a commuter rig. But those are cheap and I don’t count them. I’m down to just one money rig at a time.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
Circe wrote:
You know, I’ve owned every type of mountain bike there is to own. Multiple DH bikes, free ride, mini DH, enduro, super enduro, all mountain, trail, down country, whatever. You name it.

At the end of the day, there’s only so much time to ride and maintain. So I have one sweet all mountain/enduro bike. I rent a DH bike when I’m in a Whistler and will borrow/rent a hardtail if I’m doing something XC/Gravel (yuck).

I also have a dirt jumper and a commuter rig. But those are cheap and I don’t count them. I’m down to just one money rig at a time.

i kinda agree with this. i don't really see a point in having several different bikes that overlap in a major way. a trail/enduro bike will pretty much cover all the terrain pretty well besides road/gravel so it's just hard to justify having an xc/down country bike as well as a trail/enduro bike. No point in dh bikes for me.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 9:07 Quote
Circe wrote:

I'd definitely agree that you can get away with much less. And local riding available definitely plays into what makes sense.

I raced a few NW cups and rode 20+ days at a resort this year.. I could have done that on a enduro bike, but I would have beat a enduro bike up at the resort and been at a disadvantage racing wise.. The DH bike was a happy addition.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
Circe wrote:

I was the same way. Now I just have the Delirium and my old Special-ed M2 26" HT.
Although I am thinking a130 might be a good addition. The Delirium is overkill on most everything but the bike park

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
I've got a road bike and the Bronson... I would love to add a short travel 29'er to the mix for flatter/faster riding but there's no way I would ride enough downhill to justify owning a longer travel bike than I already have. For a few days a year, renting is fine.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:17 Quote
I want an e-bike for the morning commute, kid hauling, grocery runs, that kind of thing. Been thinking of adding a conversion to my old retrobike.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
Ebikes looking more and more tempting

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:26 Quote
A enduro bike makes sense for 99% of my riding.

I am curious what a modern DH bike feels like on real DH terrain though but I don't spend enough time in the bike park to warrant it.

I already have a commuter, singlespeed hipster ride as well.

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
fredro wrote:
Ebikes looking more and more tempting

I saw 3 at Mtn Creek last Sat

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
I get the lack of desire to spend for your own dh bike for a few days a year.. But after getting comfortable on my own DH bike, the bikes I have rented over seas are clap traps.

Granted I know at whistler you can rent whatever you want and lots of it is well taken care of.. But I'd rather do Crabapple hits and other committing features on my own DH bike rather than one I borrowed/rented and wasn't comfortable with.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022322
Mobile Version of Website