Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 20:53 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Gym time over ebike time if you really want to get stronger on the bike.

Squats and deadlifts.

But you can't buy that so people gonna buy the ebike.

Going to swing my E peen..

I ride bikes pretty good. Better than most. And I dig the ebike a lot.

And I have ridden with pros that make me look like a Jerry.. And they dig the ebike as much or more than their regular bike too. Hans Ray and Kyle Werner both raved about theirs when I rode with them at interbike.. And not as product shills. They legitimately enjoyed the ebikes that much.

I get that some people will be lazy and that will be their fix rather than working out more. Going to the gym isn't going to make me enjoy my bike more. But snagging an extra lap at the local hill while actually having fun climbing sure will make me enjoy riding more.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 21:14 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
PHeller wrote:
I'm going to hold off on an ebike for myself and put that money into one for the wife and kid.

At this point I've got a lot of money to spend on a new house so it'll be awhile for everything else anyways.

My Trail Pistol is enough.

Is it bad that my wife and I's bikes more or less were rolled into my new mortgage? Haha

But building a secondary living space at the house that will +100k in equity, so rolling a few thousand into the mortgage and putting that money towards the construction for a year or so before I refi isn't the end of the world.
I just bought my first house and was getting a little tight on cash for closing so I sold my Bronson. After escrow closes on November 6th its new bike day for me. I’ve pretty much decided on the transition patrol. I kept my sc reserve wheels. 4k for the carbon frame, dhx2, and 36 performance elite. Gx dt with xo1 cranks, code rsc, and of course my fav renthal cockpit.

those are two very different bikes suspension-wise, but that sounds like a really nice build.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 22:01 Quote
sosburn wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Is it bad that my wife and I's bikes more or less were rolled into my new mortgage? Haha

But building a secondary living space at the house that will +100k in equity, so rolling a few thousand into the mortgage and putting that money towards the construction for a year or so before I refi isn't the end of the world.
I just bought my first house and was getting a little tight on cash for closing so I sold my Bronson. After escrow closes on November 6th its new bike day for me. I’ve pretty much decided on the transition patrol. I kept my sc reserve wheels. 4k for the carbon frame, dhx2, and 36 performance elite. Gx dt with xo1 cranks, code rsc, and of course my fav renthal cockpit.

those are two very different bikes suspension-wise, but that sounds like a really nice build.
When I started riding 7 years ago I was on the SC bro deal program through 5 bikes. All amazing rides but I feel like I’ve dated the hot blonde and her four twin sisters and I’m ready to try something different.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

Squats and deadlifts.

And I have ridden with pros that make me look like a Jerry.. And they dig the ebike as much or more than their regular bike too. Hans Ray and Kyle Werner both raved about theirs when I rode with them at interbike.. And not as product shills. They legitimately enjoyed the ebikes that much.

I get that some people will be lazy and that will be their fix rather than working out more. Going to the gym isn't going to make me enjoy my bike more. But snagging an extra lap at the local hill while actually having fun climbing sure will make me enjoy riding more.

I met Swan recently and the dude can legitimately ride a bike both uphill and down. If people want to ride an ebike then thats great. If they don’t thats cool too.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

Squats and deadlifts.

I met Swan recently and the dude can legitimately ride a bike both uphill and down. If people want to ride an ebike then thats great. If they don’t thats cool too.

Litterally the thing that got me sold on the Ebike was Tres laps and how I couldn't do 2 laps on my own on my regular bike.. But I could totally self shuttle 2 or 3 laps on a Ebike. Sold me.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
Lets say Cannondale did a modern Supermax Lefty, 160mm, 29er, 44mm offset, same damper and roller bearing setup as the Ocho, but back to dual crown and ends up being lighter than 36, Lyrik, or Mezzer.

Would you be interested in a modern lefty if it was lighter, more plush, had competitive damping performance, and as stiff or stiffer than the competition?

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Lets say Cannondale did a modern Supermax Lefty, 160mm, 29er, 44mm offset, same damper and roller bearing setup as the Ocho, but back to dual crown and ends up being lighter than 36, Lyrik, or Mezzer.

Would you be interested in a modern lefty if it was lighter, more plush, had competitive damping performance, and as stiff or stiffer than the competition?

Nope

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
No, because crack'n'fail

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:40 Quote
Having seen as many issues with the first gen ocho, I'd wait to see if it's solid first. We've had issues on probably a quarter of them, and cannondale has updated the seals iirc.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
Exo sidewalls any use? (Not for an ebike.)

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
dchill wrote:
PHeller wrote:

Nope

Maybe. My manager has lots of Cannondale history and knows the ins and out of those old forks.. Plus I dig weird shit.

WTH got me stoked on a Lefty for a DJ bike because it's weird.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:53 Quote
I love how lefties feel... but they are a lot of work

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
PHeller wrote:

100% cuz its weird and i like that

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
PHeller wrote:

100% cuz its weird and i like that

You would... After you converted it to a righty just because machine shop.. Lol

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
ill just get 2 and make crowns to turn it into a regular inverted fork ha

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024538
Mobile Version of Website