Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:09 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Lets say Cannondale did a modern Supermax Lefty, 160mm, 29er, 44mm offset, same damper and roller bearing setup as the Ocho, but back to dual crown and ends up being lighter than 36, Lyrik, or Mezzer.

Would you be interested in a modern lefty if it was lighter, more plush, had competitive damping performance, and as stiff or stiffer than the competition?

100% cuz its weird and i like that

You would... After you converted it to a righty just because machine shop.. Lol

You should get two leftys and make the necessary fittings to run them like a standard fork.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
PHeller wrote:
Lets say Cannondale did a modern Supermax Lefty, 160mm, 29er, 44mm offset, same damper and roller bearing setup as the Ocho, but back to dual crown and ends up being lighter than 36, Lyrik, or Mezzer.

Would you be interested in a modern lefty if it was lighter, more plush, had competitive damping performance, and as stiff or stiffer than the competition?

I rode with a Zerode rep recently and he had one of those Motion ride linkage forks on his bike. looked really weird but i gotta say that was the most supple thing I've ever ridden

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
sosburn wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
PHeller wrote:

I rode with a Zerode rep recently and he had one of those Motion ride linkage forks on his bike. looked really weird but i gotta say that was the most supple thing I've ever ridden

i wanna try one of those pretty bad. got a bike i plan on picking up a trust for down the road

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:22 Quote
dingus wrote:
Exo sidewalls any use? (Not for an ebike.)
Do you enjoy warping tyres? If so then they are the best.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:27 Quote
EXO sidewalls work great a lot of places. In the Southeast of England for example where the trails are mostly sand and/or soil they work really well.

If you're riding somewhere with a lot of rocks, squares edges and/or hazardous shit it is likely worth taking the weight penalty and upgrading to an exo+ or double down.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
ktm87 wrote:

i wanna try one of those pretty bad. got a bike i plan on picking up a trust for down the road

the guy i rode with talked me off of the Trust forks, said it seemed like from an industry perspective, people were just talking about how the kinematics kind of worked and ignoring the fact that it rode like shit suspension-wise. i was about to order a Shout that weekend too but after riding his motion-ride and hearing about the Trust stuff, i think i'm over it.

was refreshing to hear someone involved with the industry not just going on and on about how great it supposedly is though.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 14:01 Quote
sosburn wrote:
ktm87 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

the guy i rode with talked me off of the Trust forks, said it seemed like from an industry perspective, people were just talking about how the kinematics kind of worked and ignoring the fact that it rode like shit suspension-wise. i was about to order a Shout that weekend too but after riding his motion-ride and hearing about the Trust stuff, i think i'm over it.

was refreshing to hear someone involved with the industry not just going on and on about how great it supposedly is though.

intersting. id like to try out a few of the linkage forks to see how they feel. mabye it will motivate me to try to make one for fun lol

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
My Canfield Balance weighs in at about 30.40lbs

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
tom666 wrote:
EXO sidewalls work great a lot of places. In the Southeast of England for example where the trails are mostly sand and/or soil they work really well.

If you're riding somewhere with a lot of rocks, squares edges and/or hazardous shit it is likely worth taking the weight penalty and upgrading to an exo+ or double down.

It is really terrain/rider dependent. I don't have many issues here but the rocks here aren't that sharp. I have warped an exo casing dhf but I have done the same to a double down and also Michelin dh tire in the last couple years so...

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
shwinn8 wrote:

Not bad at all. Looks like a fun bike.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
I asked mark weir about this exact thing. He said there just is not enough room to get everything in one leg that modern forks have.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 15:21 Quote
sherbet wrote:
shwinn8 wrote:

Not bad at all. Looks like a fun bike.

it's nice to Ride after running my 42lb Straight 8

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
tom666 wrote:

It is really terrain/rider dependent. I don't have many issues here but the rocks here aren't that sharp. I have warped an exo casing dhf but I have done the same to a double down and also Michelin dh tire in the last couple years so...

Yup! I mean I ride all types of terrain in all types of places, have worn through like 5 exo casing tires with no issues other than tearing knobs off. Mind you I am running cushcore front and rear and am a featherweight Razz

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 0:02 Quote
British winter tyre choices? Im in the south east of the UK and it is mostly sand and mud - it has rained so much lately. Im currently running dhf and aggressor and cant decide if I should go dhr2 or shorty or something different...

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021738
Mobile Version of Website