Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 19:27 Quote
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7592485/Father-eight-invents-electric-car-battery-drivers-1-500-miles-without-charging-it.html
Not sure how to post a web page link but hopefully you can copy and past this to a browser. Very interesting read and quite amazing if legitimate. Article mentions bike applications and since we just kind of dipped into environmental health made me think of this. Fully recycle able.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7592485/Father-eight-invents-electric-car-battery-drivers-1-500-miles-without-charging-it.html
Not sure how to post a web page link but hopefully you can copy and past this to a browser. Very interesting read and quite amazing if legitimate. Article mentions bike applications and since we just kind of dipped into environmental health made me think of this. Fully recycle able.
Neat, I love in an area where all electricity comes from coal fired plants and most Large centers are separated by well over what a Tesla or similar could do on a charge, which at the end of the day makes them worse environmentally then an equivalently sized gas or hybrid unit.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
Decided to install a 1.5* Works Angleset on my Ripley

Any tips on how to make sure it’s dead straight? Was thinking either a string from the seat tube, or a laser level somehow lined up with the frame.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 19:44 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

Any tips on how to make sure it’s dead straight? Was thinking either a string from the seat tube, or a laser level somehow lined up with the frame.

If you are cross eyed or have a lazy eye let someone else do it.
It’s not that difficult don’t over think it

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 20:28 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

Line from seat post up the top tube and make a small mark on the Headtube with a pencil and line up the headset mark with the Headtube mark..

Just giver, it's not rocket science.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
Totally off topic and a rediculous rant.

I absolutely can not stand the stupid whips that kids do on bmx race bikes where they are completely pulling the bikes around with their clipless pedals. It shows that they have never known how to maneuver their bike with flat pedals and they rely on the clips to do all the work.

Plus those stupid clipless whips where you pull the bike around with your feet don't look good.. It's about as stylish as the sick bar turns I did when I was 12.

Just annoying parents stick their 6 and 7 year olds on flats because they think it will make them win, when it's really teaching bad habits.

/rant

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
swan3609 wrote:

I absolutely can not stand the stupid whips that kids do on bmx race bikes where they are completely pulling the bikes around with their clipless pedals. It shows that they have never known how to maneuver their bike with flat pedals and they rely on the clips to do all the work.

Plus those stupid clipless whips where you pull the bike around with your feet don't look good.. It's about as stylish as the sick bar turns I did when I was 12.

Just annoying parents stick their 6 and 7 year olds on flats because they think it will make them win, when it's really teaching bad habits.

/rant

clipped in whips only count on DH bikes.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:59 Quote
sosburn wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

/rant

Clipped in whips only count on DH bikes when you are unclipped with one foot and doing a nag nac.

Although I clipless cheat at suicide no handers really bad.. No seat pinch with knees and I absolutely pull the bike back with my toes. So I guess I am fraud too..

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
I tried starting an ebike thread in 2014.

I too have joined the dark side. As for the weight, it's not too bad even with ghetto tire inserts front and rear.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 0:44 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

/rant

Clipped in whips only count on DH bikes when you are unclipped with one foot and doing a nag nac.

Although I clipless cheat at suicide no handers really bad.. No seat pinch with knees and I absolutely pull the bike back with my toes. So I guess I am fraud too..

i think there are about 50 WC racers that can prove otherwise

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 1:34 Quote
sosburn wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I'm with swan, flat pedals win medals.

Also clips teach really bad form. The number of Enduro dudes that think they can bunny hop, but can't when asked to do so on flats is comically high.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 5:11 Quote
“Plus those stupid clipless whips where you pull the bike around with your feet don't look good”
Confirmed. I’m not a trickster, a nice table top with a bar turn is my bread a butter. I rode clipless for about a year and pulled off some legit sideways whips. I remember scaring myself because I could see my back tire in the air. It’s really easy to cheat. Tried it back on the flats and landed sideways and broke a spoke.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 5:59 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
sosburn wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Also clips teach really bad form. The number of Enduro dudes that think they can bunny hop, but can't when asked to do so on flats is comically high.

Funny thing is.. I ride clips on everything. Including my DJ bike. But I also make it a point to put flats on a few times a year and ride them to make sure that I am staying honest and not cheating and relying on them.

Just in BMX, so many kids get tossed onto them so early that they probably couldn't get through the track on flats by the time they are 12 years old..

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:03 Quote
sosburn wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I guarantee that any of those WC pros could do clipless nac nacs like I said.. If my washed up fatass can do it on a 20 year old DH bike, than I guarantee they could.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
sosburn wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Im not saying flats are bad, I only ride with flats, even on road bikes.
Im just saying a lot of pros riding with clips can throw some stylish whips.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034786
Mobile Version of Website