Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
I'm after a bottle cage with a multi tool integrated into it, any recommendations? Or is the Topeak Ninja the way to go?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
I'm after a bottle cage with a multi tool integrated into it, any recommendations? Or is the Topeak Ninja the way to go?

Specialized Swat.. Spendy tho.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

^this. Pair it with the zee cage and u have a solid combo, even for tight fitting frames.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:48 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
sosburn wrote:

i think there are about 50 WC racers that can prove otherwise
I'm with swan, flat pedals win medals.

Also clips teach really bad form. The number of Enduro dudes that think they can bunny hop, but can't when asked to do so on flats is comically high.

Funny thing is.. I ride clips on everything. Including my DJ bike. But I also make it a point to put flats on a few times a year and ride them to make sure that I am staying honest and not cheating and relying on them.

Just in BMX, so many kids get tossed onto them so early that they probably couldn't get through the track on flats by the time they are 12 years old..

They’re banging clips for BMX groms. Something about safety. You have to be some age now to use them in competition

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
Flat pedals don't win medals. Style whips don't win medals (whip-offs excluded).

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
Circe wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

I'm with swan, flat pedals win medals.

Also clips teach really bad form. The number of Enduro dudes that think they can bunny hop, but can't when asked to do so on flats is comically high.

Funny thing is.. I ride clips on everything. Including my DJ bike. But I also make it a point to put flats on a few times a year and ride them to make sure that I am staying honest and not cheating and relying on them.

Just in BMX, so many kids get tossed onto them so early that they probably couldn't get through the track on flats by the time they are 12 years old..

They’re banging clips for BMX groms. Something about safety. You have to be some age now to use them in competition

Yeah.. It's like 8 or 9 now I.. And intermediate and up only.

When I started racing this year. They made me take off my front brake and I had 3 different experts protest me because my license said beginner for my first few races before my move up to expert was processed and I was racing on a beginner license with clips.

They were just pisssd that some new person showed up out of nowhere on a 26" bike with a suspension fork and they couldn't keep up. Haha

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
zachinblack wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
deli-hustler wrote:

^this. Pair it with the zee cage and u have a solid combo, even for tight fitting frames.
Cheers for that, don't mind spending of its worth it.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
PHeller wrote:
"We had a lot of internal debates about how to present geometry and the biggest concern we hear are people who are concerned about what size bike to get given modern wheelbase, reach, and seat tube angle numbers. These concerns were why we moved away from traditional bike sizing (S-XL to 1-4) and built the configurator. Compared to most companies, we'll have twice as many columns to present, which is cumbersome and ugly."

Doesn't make it any less wrong.

Post geo charts AND your configurator.

If you feel people don't understand the geo you have designed then take the time to explain it to them and teach them how to figure it out.

And that's why one of our goals is the have the best service in the bike industry. If you have any questions, don't ever hesitate to get in touch with us at Bikes@RideGG.com or 303-955-4163. We answer all emails within 24 hours and are quick to pick up the phone.

Once we're able to bring size 1 Revved frames online, we'll have bikes that will fit riders from 4'10" - 6'9", definitely not trying to cut out the smaller or bigger sizes. Trust me, I'm 6'9" and want to make sure we continue making bikes I can ride, and we have a few locals who are shorter and need the short bikes.

Cheers,
Bobby

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:

Syncros has a few cool variants too

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:

I got this. Very affordable too.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 10:37 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Neat, I love in an area where all electricity comes from coal fired plants and most Large centers are separated by well over what a Tesla or similar could do on a charge, which at the end of the day makes them worse environmentally then an equivalently sized gas or hybrid unit.

Your statement on EV's being worse in Alberta is wrong.

https://www.cer-rec.gc.ca/nrg/ntgrtd/mrkt/snpsht/2018/09-01-1hwrnrgprjctsfnncd-eng.html?=undefined&wbdisable=true

Alberta isn't 100% coal.

"About 89% of electricity in Alberta is produced from fossil fuels – approximately 50% from coal and 39% from natural gas. The remaining 13% is produced from renewables, such as wind, hydro, and biomass (Figure 3)."

https://www.cer-rec.gc.ca/nrg/ntgrtd/mrkt/nrgsstmprfls/ab-eng.html

You should look these types of things up before you comment on them.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 10:51 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Neat, I love in an area where all electricity comes from coal fired plants and most Large centers are separated by well over what a Tesla or similar could do on a charge, which at the end of the day makes them worse environmentally then an equivalently sized gas or hybrid unit.

https://www.cer-rec.gc.ca/nrg/ntgrtd/mrkt/snpsht/2018/09-01-1hwrnrgprjctsfnncd-eng.html?=undefined&wbdisable=true

Alberta isn't 100% coal.

"About 89% of electricity in Alberta is produced from fossil fuels – approximately 50% from coal and 39% from natural gas. The remaining 13% is produced from renewables, such as wind, hydro, and biomass (Figure 3)."

I've been living in the North Western corner of Alberta for a few years now, my community and the surrounding area are serviced solely by coal fired plants. The distance between communities is also greater then the range of most ev's currently.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
zeeman wrote:
I tried starting an ebike thread in 2014.

I too have joined the dark side. As for the weight, it's not too bad even with ghetto tire inserts front and rear.

Bet those plants in the background ain't too bad either

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 14:35 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Alberta isn't 100% coal.

I've been living in the North Western corner of Alberta for a few years now, my community and the surrounding area are serviced solely by coal fired plants. The distance between communities is also greater then the range of most ev's currently.

Your links enforce Ajax's point

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
I'm always surprised that hybrids aren't more popular, especially in trucks and SUVs.

It'd be sweet to have a truck that gets 30mpg, but can put down a ton a torque when you need it. Plus, with the heavier weight you'd think regenerative braking would have its advantages as well.

I know that Ford is working an F150 Hybrid for next year, and apparently they will be selling the performance of it more so than it's efficiency. It may be the quickest F150 yet, with 400hp (slightly less than the Raptor) and 650lbft of torque (100 more than the Raptor).

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023964
Mobile Version of Website