Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
I rode renthals for a few years, I think they are 7 or 7.5 degree backsweep. Recently started riding 9 degree bars and I can say it works way better for me.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
skerby wrote:
I rode renthals for a few years, I think they are 7 or 7.5 degree backsweep. Recently started riding 9 degree bars and I can say it works way better for me.

Where I am at currently, thinking of trying SQ labs 9°/12° bars

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 12:52 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
PHeller wrote:
[ ... ] since going to the shorter ETT Trail Pistol, I've been having wrist pain.

You seemed content with your previous bike, so just slide the saddle all the way back on the new one and your geometry will be almost the same as before.

That's kinda what I was getting at before...

My saddle is already back. On my previous frame, I rode it centered, if not a little forward. On this bike, it's definitely aft of center.

My old frame had a longer ETT, roughly same Reach, roughly similar stack.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
PHeller wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
PHeller wrote:
[ ... ] since going to the shorter ETT Trail Pistol, I've been having wrist pain.

You seemed content with your previous bike, so just slide the saddle all the way back on the new one and your geometry will be almost the same as before.

That's kinda what I was getting at before...

My saddle is already back. On my previous frame, I rode it centered, if not a little forward. On this bike, it's definitely aft of center.

Is the pain while climbing or descending?

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
Have you considered an ergonomic keyboard?

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 13:55 Quote
PHeller wrote:

I know. And that's why they're the same size. The new one just has a steeper effective seat-tube angle, resulting in the aforementioned saddle adjustment. Same size, though. (Actually, the new one is 7 mm shorter, so not quite the same.)

Perhaps I misinterpreted: did you also change bar dimensions? If so, then yes, you ought to be able to go back to your previous set-up and everything should be the same.

Regarding grips: I agree with Rev Grips that shear movement is important for comfort. Unfortunately for Rev, you can already achieve comparable shear movement via certain push-on grips with large diameter. The largest and most flexible I've used is Oury. The Northshore from Lizard Skins looks similar and ODI makes a couple thick models.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 14:34 Quote
dingus wrote:

^+1

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Perhaps I misinterpreted: did you also change bar dimensions? If so, then yes, you ought to be able to go back to your previous set-up and everything should be the same.

Nope, no change in bars.

One thing that did change was I went from running silicone ESI grips to running the Rev grips, and the later with their huge lock on collars aren't exactly ergo.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
dingus wrote:

Big Grin

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 15:36 Quote
Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Desktop... it'll let you rage online so hard with no carpal tunnel issues.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 21:54 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Anyone running 9º bars?

Oddly enough, since going to the shorter ETT Trail Pistol, I've been having wrist pain.

At first I thought it was due to impacts and what not, so I tried Revolution Grips. Now I think it's more of the lack of bend in the bars which are 780mm wide.

Maybe I need to go back to 800mm bars? Or just try something with more sweep?

More rise will ease wrist pain.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Desktop... it'll let you rage online so hard with no carpal tunnel issues.

Can confirm, its the best.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
seraph wrote:
most large size bikes have 24"+ top tube lengths, necessitating the use of 40mm stems most of the time.

The mixing units here is just gross lol

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
zachinblack wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

But no mx cherry switches

Also Pheller, still waiting on when you experience wrist pain.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 11:18 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
zachinblack wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

But no mx cherry switches

Also Pheller, still waiting on when you experience wrist pain.

Mechanical FTW.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021484
Mobile Version of Website