Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
Only if Silent. All that clacking gets old quick.

Also, I experience wrist pain on longer seated rides. After about an hour or so. On shorter, more technical rides, where I'm out of the saddle more I don't notice it as much.

In other news, is there a good way of repairing sidewall tears so they'll seal tubeless again? I kinda remember tire boots being sorta hit or miss.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 12:17 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Only if Silent. All that clacking gets old quick.

Also, I experience wrist pain on longer seated rides. After about an hour or so. On shorter, more technical rides, where I'm out of the saddle more I don't notice it as much.

In other news, is there a good way of repairing sidewall tears so they'll seal tubeless again? I kinda remember tire boots being sorta hit or miss.

I'd sew the tear and apply a patch on both sides. It has worled for me plenty of times.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 13:12 Quote
PHeller wrote:
is there a good way of repairing sidewall tears so they'll seal tubeless again? I kinda remember tire boots being sorta hit or miss.

Motorcycle tire patch on the inside and the largest patch you can fit on the outside - usually a bicycle tire patch.

Tears at the bead are most difficult to patch, but can often be fixed with a plug.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
Exterior tire patch may not work very well with textured crosshatch sidewalls.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:05 Quote
Sand it down to a smooth finish first. That's what the sandpaper in repair kits is for...

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
dingus wrote:
Sand it down to a smooth finish first. That's what the sandpaper in repair kits is for...
Actually the opposite

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
The sandpaper is to rough up the area so the adhesive works better.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
Having worked in the automotive tire biz, we would take a grinder with an abrasive wheel on to the insides of tires, not only to remove the shiny finish of rubber to promote better adhesion of the patch, but also to make surface smooth (the inside of tires is ribbed with lines in the rubber).

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
Ribbed for her pleasure.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 16:52 Quote
ribbed for small...

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 3:17 Quote
it is apparently Pole Stamina 140 that was one of the two bikes that failed in the field test 2020

https://polebicycles.com/we-are-not-perfect-after-all/

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 3:32 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
it is apparently Pole Stamina 140 that was one of the two bikes that failed in the field test 2020

https://polebicycles.com/we-are-not-perfect-after-all/

Just once, I'd like to see a statement about a broken bike that didn't include the word 'prototype'

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 4:02 Quote
‘Sorry, I can’t go enduroing right now, I’ve only fitted my XC swing arm’

‘Pinkbike are the arseholes for reporting that our bike broke!’

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 4:09 Quote
I'm just waiting for Pinkbike to release a video of the huck to flat with everyone present shouting "WORLDSTAR!!!" when they realise the frame is bent.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021375
Mobile Version of Website