O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 5:50 Quote
dchill wrote:
You all can keep your McD’s and BK.

Wendy’s and Taco Bell is where it’s at.

crunchwrap supreme will forever hold a place in my heart

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
I was party disappointed in Taco Bell the other night, didn't know they had gotten rid of the grilled wrapped burritos and carmel apple empenadas!

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I mean, you kinda f*cked up by going to Burger King, but I forgive you.
American bk is better then or Canadian abomination.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
sosburn wrote:
dchill wrote:
You all can keep your McD’s and BK.

Wendy’s and Taco Bell is where it’s at.

crunchwrap supreme will forever hold a place in my heart
QFT

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 9:34 Quote
seraph wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
All this diet talk is hilariously on topic.
...but also I work with a vegan and a keto, and both of them are always arguing about this shit. I just hear 'keto' now and I'm triggered lol

The only reason why I'm a proponent of keto is because it worked so well for me. I lost basically 1-3 lbs every day.

The most effective diet I ever did was a low carb diet. Wasn't quite keto but it was close - I basically just ate meat, fish, eggs, fruit and veg.

What makes keto/lowcarb good is you can basically just follow one rule - no carbs - and after that eat pretty much what you want - and it works, but for me you have to reconcile that with the environmental and ethical issues with eating such a meat heavy lifestyle.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 10:41 Quote
tom666 wrote:
seraph wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
All this diet talk is hilariously on topic.
...but also I work with a vegan and a keto, and both of them are always arguing about this shit. I just hear 'keto' now and I'm triggered lol

The only reason why I'm a proponent of keto is because it worked so well for me. I lost basically 1-3 lbs every day.

The most effective diet I ever did was a low carb diet. Wasn't quite keto but it was close - I basically just ate meat, fish, eggs, fruit and veg.

What makes keto/lowcarb good is you can basically just follow one rule - no carbs - and after that eat pretty much what you want - and it works, but for me you have to reconcile that with the environmental and ethical issues with eating such a meat heavy lifestyle.

What ethical issues with eating meat? Meat is delicious.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 10:42 Quote
As a mostly keto dude; the meat industry is insanely cruel.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
Have you seen a wild predator kill their prey?Humans are quite humane in comparison.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 10:58 Quote
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that hunters kept their prey in shit infested barely ventilated rooms with special lighting so the eventual products don't kill each other, while being pumped so full of hormones and antibiotics just so they can survive to culling and be a sellable size. Got me good there man.

I understand that all meat will come at a cost, I literally just said I'm mostly keto and understand this, and accept it as part of my diet. Even I can accept the meat industry is f*cked up and could use some renovations. There's reasons there's media snuff laws regarding filming meat factories and related production centers.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Have you seen a wild predator kill their prey?Humans are quite humane in comparison.

Factory farmed meat is far far from humane in comparison. I’d much rather hunt my own than buy farmed meat, which is exactly what I do when back home in Aus.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 11:13 Quote
If I had the means and the time and the resources to hunt my meat, I totally would.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
seraph wrote:

What ethical issues with eating meat? Meat is delicious.

Meat is delicious, but mass scale farming is pretty grim and far from natural.

>70% of chickens raised for meat globally are raised in intensive industrial farming systems.

Intensive farming = indoors, crammed in, shitty lighting, bread to grow unnaturally big very quickly...

Most farmed animals are kept indoors, particularly chickens and pigs. Because of that they're not normally able to eat what they would eat naturally, so they're instead fed livestock feed, which tends to be either soy, grain or corn based, which needs to be grown elsewhere and shipped in.

It's pretty shit. It's a lot better if you can buy organic/free range/grass fed etc but if you're eating meat 3 meals a day 7 days a week that is very hard to do and gets real expensive real quick.

seraph wrote:
If I had the means and the time and the resources to hunt my meat, I totally would.

I would too, but that doesn't mean eating tonnes of cheap meat isn't problematic in the meantime.

Just to be clear I'm not necessarily against eating meat all together, we should all try to be aware of how much meat we're eating and where it comes from. That's why I find it hard to wholeheartedly recommend keto.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 11:20 Quote
What you could do is check with butchers in your area and see if they sell on from hunters or hunt themselves.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that hunters kept their prey in shit infested barely ventilated rooms with special lighting so the eventual products don't kill each other, while being pumped so full of hormones and antibiotics just so they can survive to culling and be a sellable size. Got me good there man.

I understand that all meat will come at a cost, I literally just said I'm mostly keto and understand this, and accept it as part of my diet. Even I can accept the meat industry is f*cked up and could use some renovations. There's reasons there's media snuff laws regarding filming meat factories and related production centers.

This
props to you if you hunt and kill your meat but claiming that wild predators are way less humane than the shitshow we call “agriculture” is just being dumb, but im honestly not surprised he said that given his other arguments in this thread

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
The beef industry is rather large in my area, but everything is free range, it's pretty easy to but a couple directly from the farmer and get it butchered at your butcher shop of choice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036645
Mobile Version of Website