Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
Oh, the veggies got triggered.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
Axxe wrote:
Oh, the veggies got triggered.

Literally everyone here is stating they eat meat tho.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
I think if people relize not buy the cheapest meat just to have it 3 times a day and pay more attention to the quality, then it's pretty easy to cut down the consumption. No need to go completly veggie.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
I beat my meat from time to time.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
fredro wrote:
I beat my meat from time to time.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 13:51 Quote
Isn’t the problem with the meat industry much more environmental? The resources taken to keep animals is insane. 1kg of beef takes around 15 litres of water to produce - in 2016 the world consumed around 130 billion pounds of beef. That’s a lot of water. If you want to lose weight and care about the environment a vegetarian/vegan diet is the way forward.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 14:12 Quote
Kill all humans. It’s the only way.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
Axxe wrote:

There is an argument to be made that humans are a the most lethal and invasive species ...

So, flats or clips?

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 14:43 Quote
Circe wrote:
Axxe wrote:

There is an argument to be made that humans are a the most lethal and invasive species ...

So, flats or clips?
For me flats, i feel like I'm standing on ice when I use clips and i can never feel confident with that sensation.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 15:14 Quote
Circe wrote:
Axxe wrote:

So, flats or clips?

Flats. I am done with clips. I ain’t racing and it is just so much more comfortable after a few hours on flats

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
I keep meaning to try clips again but never seem to get round to it. Not sure winter is the best time to try.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
Clips.. Suicide no handers are way better clipped in.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that hunters kept their prey in shit infested barely ventilated rooms with special lighting so the eventual products don't kill each other, while being pumped so full of hormones and antibiotics just so they can survive to culling and be a sellable size. Got me good there man.

I understand that all meat will come at a cost, I literally just said I'm mostly keto and understand this, and accept it as part of my diet. Even I can accept the meat industry is f*cked up and could use some renovations. There's reasons there's media snuff laws regarding filming meat factories and related production centers.
Stop buying your meat from the $0.99 store. Whether you're talking nine year olds in sweatshops making Nikes or ten head of cattle grazing enough land for one, it's the competition to hit the bottom of the budget sector that brings about shitty conditions and that lands on the consumers shoulders.

Like anything else on TV, the sensationalized exposes detailing the abhorrent treatment of animals is a representation of a minority of ranchers. And honestly, dairy is far worse in terms of animal treatment if you really want to go bleeding heart. The overwhelming majority of farmers and ranchers actually take damn good care of their stock.

Buy good meat from good butchers harvested from good ranches and those animals live better than they would in the wild, fact. Or buy a rifle and hunt your own shit.

Posted: Nov 24, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
I still need to get around to trying clips properly. What's the best setup for giving it a go? Cheap Shimano setup or are others easier to get used to?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.040707
Mobile Version of Website