Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
On the topic of knee pad...what are the options that are full black stealth? NO LOGOS.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 16:03 Quote
seraph wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
I believe the tld groups are the thinnest odi compatible units

Are they thinner than the Ruffian? I always found those to be super thin.
Maybe slightly?

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
On the topic of knee pad...what are the options that are full black stealth? NO LOGOS.

Sharpie?

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 17:30 Quote
Circe wrote:
shirk-007 wrote:

Sharpie?

Dakine and a sharpie

also dakine makes the best stuff dont @ me

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
seraph wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
I believe the tld groups are the thinnest odi compatible units

Are they thinner than the Ruffian? I always found those to be super thin.
Maybe slightly?

The ruffians are thinner then the TLD grips I have both.
The newer ODI Elite motion grips are really thin with the new single clamp lock

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 19:30 Quote
dchill wrote:

I think the Ruffian is thinner, but the Motion is vastly more comfortable due to the offset design. I can barely ride with Ruffians, but I kinda like the Motion.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 21:02 Quote
Raceface Lovehandles are quite thin at 28mm. Odi TLD's and Ruffians are both listed at 29.5mm.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 3:09 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
dchill wrote:

I think the Ruffian is thinner, but the Motion is vastly more comfortable due to the offset design. I can barely ride with Ruffians, but I kinda like the Motion.

Same here. At one time the Ruffian was the only one out there.
The TLD is more comfortable then the Ruffian.
ODI also makes a 130 and 135 version of the Long Neck I would like to try.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
Raids feel like a warm hug. In all possible aspects

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 7:25 Quote
dchill wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
dchill wrote:

I've gone back to push-on. Compared to a lock-on, a push-on of equal thickness can have five times the rubber between your hand and the bar. The thinnest Specialized lock-on had, I was told, 0.5 mm of rubber over the plastic core - it certainly felt like it. A push-on of the same diameter would have about 2.5 mm of rubber.

For anyone worried about push-on grips slipping: use wire.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 7:33 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
dchill wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

I've gone back to push-on. Compared to a lock-on, a push-on of equal thickness can have five times the rubber between your hand and the bar. The thinnest Specialized lock-on had, I was told, 0.5 mm of rubber over the plastic core - it certainly felt like it. A push-on of the same diameter would have about 2.5 mm of rubber.

Yup, good bit of 0.8mm stainless “moto” wire does wonders.

I’ve actually gone back to lock ons after a few years of running wired on push-ons. Find the happy medium of rubber thickness on the “race only” thin dmr deathgrips gives the right blend of control and comfort, for me.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
R-M-R wrote:

But lock on's are so easy!!!! lol

In all seriousness, I may go to wire and glue. Like the good ol moto days..... I like the feel of bigger OD grips, but I find myself blowing my hands off the grips with bigger grips. Thinner grips but with BETTER damping properties, would be sweet.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 7:58 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
dchill wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Damn going back old school DH style

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
thuren wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

But lock on's are so easy!!!! lol

In all seriousness, I may go to wire and glue. Like the good ol moto days..... I like the feel of bigger OD grips, but I find myself blowing my hands off the grips with bigger grips. Thinner grips but with BETTER damping properties, would be sweet.

Try ESI grips.
https://esigrips.com/

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
I'll tell you why they need to be lock on's. I'm putting some mini handlebars on my ebike, so my daughter has something to hold on to when she is on her Shotgun seat. The bars I got hold of are only the 8" wide so the lock will give it extra width. And thin grips because she only has small hands.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022092
Mobile Version of Website