Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
Ah you use the Oury's. Are they much different to odi rogues? I used to run those a few years ago. At some point in the semi near future I'll be building a bike up so maybe I'll experiment a bit more.

Haven't used a Rogue in ages. From what I recall, Oury are softer and have more shear deformation, which is the most important parameter. Oury may be a little thicker and I like the lip at the outside edge.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 11:08 Quote
Was wondering if anyone knew where to get high quality ti springs.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
shirk-007 wrote:
Sensus Swayze single ply / slip on. I can't see ever going back to lock-ons.

This or Renthal’s for me! Those plus flatter lever and arm pump is all but gone.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
santacruzrider13 wrote:
Was wondering if anyone knew where to get high quality ti springs.

http://www.rentoncoilspring.com/mountainbike.html

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
Ah you use the Oury's. Are they much different to odi rogues? I used to run those a few years ago. At some point in the semi near future I'll be building a bike up so maybe I'll experiment a bit more.

Haven't used a Rogue in ages. From what I recall, Oury are softer and have more shear deformation, which is the most important parameter. Oury may be a little thicker and I like the lip at the outside edge.
Fair enough. Might give them a try.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
Esi for me. I get way more fatigue when I run any other grip.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
I had a pretty significant hand injury in 2015 wher i broke 3 or the metacarpals in my left in clean in half and had a partial fracture in the fourth only 3 or the 4 healed while the third is still broken to properly fix it I would require a pretty significant suregery that would result in limited mobility. The ONLY grips i can use that don't cause extreme pain after a half hour or so are ergon GE1, i think good palm support is a very important factor that is often overlooked.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
I had a pretty significant hand injury in 2015 wher i broke 3 or the metacarpals in my left in clean in half and had a partial fracture in the fourth only 3 or the 4 healed while the third is still broken to properly fix it I would require a pretty significant suregery that would result in limited mobility. The ONLY grips i can use that don't cause extreme pain after a half hour or so are ergon GE1, i think good palm support is a very important factor that is often overlooked.
Which the Evo or Slim GE1?

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
dchill wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Which the Evo or Slim GE1?
The standard ones initially although i moved to the evo since they've been discontinued.

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
Ge1 for me too. Made a world of difference for hand pain. Got really into ESI gloveless for a while but they literally can’t touch the ground without shredding to bits.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 14:52 Quote
New CarbonJack.
anyone want to buy my old one? Razz

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
I keep forgetting Antidote Bikes exists. They don't get much press I suppose.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 16:39 Quote
looks like a more elegant propain (a good thing)

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
God.. I hate Cane Creek as a suspension company so bad.. And they have totally shafted me before. But that new progressive Inline Coil shock is exactly what I want for my Levo. I can't decide if I want to roll the dice on them or not.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018448
Mobile Version of Website