PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 21:07 Quote
Get an mrp one

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 21:13 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
Get an mrp one

Or the Jade with a MRP coil. Or DHX2.

Having HSR/LSR and HSC/LSC would be handy for tuning.

Piggyback makes the water bottle useless on the Levo.. Which isn't the end of the world, an Inline Coil gets me all adjustments and saves the water bottle usability.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 21:27 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
Piggyback makes the water bottle useless on the Levo.

Looks like you could tilt the bottle forward by raising the rear, which would also give you room to move it rearward at least 15 mm.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 21:41 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
Piggyback makes the water bottle useless on the Levo.

Looks like you could tilt the bottle forward by raising the rear, which would also give you room to move it rearward at least 15 mm.

I already have it done a bit.. The thing that would actually work pretty well would be to offset the cage down into the BB area more.. My Swat tool is still like 4 inches away from the seat tube/BB/downtube junction. And that would give me more room for a Piggyback.....

Or just buy the damn Crap Creek.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 21:53 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
God.. I hate Cane Creek as a suspension company so bad.. And they have totally shafted me before. But that new progressive Inline Coil shock is exactly what I want for my Levo. I can't decide if I want to roll the dice on them or not.

Here's something to help you make your decision:
Cane Creek

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
God.. I hate Cane Creek as a suspension company so bad.. And they have totally shafted me before.

Idk if you did this on purpose but lmao

I had a db coil that was great, to be fair.
but i also had a db air that had all of the issues possible.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 22:27 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
The thing that would actually work pretty well would be to offset the cage down into the BB area more

That's what I'm saying. Create a custom bracket - bent, machined, or 3D printed - to slam the bottle right back into that space. Example: www.thingiverse.com/thing:3478529

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 22:35 Quote
More info on that Antitode please. God damn thats hot!

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 23:19 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
The thing that would actually work pretty well would be to offset the cage down into the BB area more

That's what I'm saying. Create a custom bracket - bent, machined, or 3D printed - to slam the bottle right back into that space. Example: www.thingiverse.com/thing:3478529

Or go and buy this?
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/b-rad-system

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 23:39 Quote
shoshy wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

Or go and buy this?
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/b-rad-system

Yep.. This.. Buddy has one on his adv bike that I planned on stealing.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
sosburn wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
God.. I hate Cane Creek as a suspension company so bad.. And they have totally shafted me before.

Idk if you did this on purpose but lmao

I had a db coil that was great, to be fair.
but i also had a db air that had all of the issues possible.

Kinda ment that for a lol..

I have a DB Coil on my M9 that's fine so far.. But I killed 4 Inlines in under 10 rides each, they let me upgrade to a DB Air for 150 bucks.. Then I killed 2 of those in a total of 10 rides.. I said f*ck it and ordered a DVO..

2 Years later they kinda jerked around a customer that had a DBA die 2 months after a factory overhaul and my manager and I voiced displeasure about how terrible they had been overall for our shop and they said they wanted to "make it right to us".

They did fix the customer up after a ton of back and forth. They told me to send in my DBA and they would see what they could do... Granted it had been sitting for 2 years since I had bought the Topaz and been riding that for 50+ lift days.

But still the shock had started spitting oil out of the adjuster knobs after 4 rides before I took it off..

After I sent them the shock, Their idea of "hooking me up" was a complete new shock... For like $350 or some insulting ammount.. I told them to throw the useless paperweight into the trash because I didn't want it back, I was don't investing my time and money into products that lasted less than 10 rides. I pretty firmly try to avoid any of their suspension products and try to stear customers away from them if at all possible.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 0:04 Quote

It's good if you can get away with just the shift in position, but some bottle set-ups need the tilt to clear a shock's reservoir.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
R-M-R wrote:

It's good if you can get away with just the shift in position, but some bottle set-ups need the tilt to clear a shock's reservoir.

I'll enlist KTM to make me some super overkill CNC'd contraption if I need the tilt.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 0:18 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

I'll enlist KTM to make me some super overkill CNC'd contraption if I need the tilt.
Just get a bottle with a lid and mount it to the downtube with hose clamps.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 0:21 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

Just get a bottle with a lid and mount it to the downtube with hose clamps.

I was considering taking some of my managers Shimano Air lines spare part and some of my spare kegerator parts and building a ball lock water bottle lid and then run a tap upto the handlebars.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019370
Mobile Version of Website