Enduro/AM - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
God.. I hate Cane Creek as a suspension company so bad.. And they have totally shafted me before.

Idk if you did this on purpose but lmao

I had a db coil that was great, to be fair.
but i also had a db air that had all of the issues possible.

Kinda ment that for a lol..

I have a DB Coil on my M9 that's fine so far.. But I killed 4 Inlines in under 10 rides each, they let me upgrade to a DB Air for 150 bucks.. Then I killed 2 of those in a total of 10 rides.. I said f*ck it and ordered a DVO..

2 Years later they kinda jerked around a customer that had a DBA die 2 months after a factory overhaul and my manager and I voiced displeasure about how terrible they had been overall for our shop and they said they wanted to "make it right to us".

They did fix the customer up after a ton of back and forth. They told me to send in my DBA and they would see what they could do... Granted it had been sitting for 2 years since I had bought the Topaz and been riding that for 50+ lift days.

But still the shock had started spitting oil out of the adjuster knobs after 4 rides before I took it off..

After I sent them the shock, Their idea of "hooking me up" was a complete new shock... For like $350 or some insulting ammount.. I told them to throw the useless paperweight into the trash because I didn't want it back, I was don't investing my time and money into products that lasted less than 10 rides. I pretty firmly try to avoid any of their suspension products and try to stear customers away from them if at all possible.

Have you ever considered that full sussers aren't for you? Smile

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 0:44 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Idk if you did this on purpose but lmao

I had a db coil that was great, to be fair.
but i also had a db air that had all of the issues possible.

Kinda ment that for a lol..

I have a DB Coil on my M9 that's fine so far.. But I killed 4 Inlines in under 10 rides each, they let me upgrade to a DB Air for 150 bucks.. Then I killed 2 of those in a total of 10 rides.. I said f*ck it and ordered a DVO..

2 Years later they kinda jerked around a customer that had a DBA die 2 months after a factory overhaul and my manager and I voiced displeasure about how terrible they had been overall for our shop and they said they wanted to "make it right to us".

They did fix the customer up after a ton of back and forth. They told me to send in my DBA and they would see what they could do... Granted it had been sitting for 2 years since I had bought the Topaz and been riding that for 50+ lift days.

But still the shock had started spitting oil out of the adjuster knobs after 4 rides before I took it off..

After I sent them the shock, Their idea of "hooking me up" was a complete new shock... For like $350 or some insulting ammount.. I told them to throw the useless paperweight into the trash because I didn't want it back, I was don't investing my time and money into products that lasted less than 10 rides. I pretty firmly try to avoid any of their suspension products and try to stear customers away from them if at all possible.

Have you ever considered that full sussers aren't for you? Smile

Rode the Topaz 10x as much as all my CC shocks combined with no issues on that bike.

And yes, I built a hardtail last winter and that was pretty much all I rode this year until I bought the ebike.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 6:38 Quote
Hi to everyone in the forum, after more than a year out of pinkbike I am a little loose into the enduro escene, this post is because I want to get a new bike, I am like 120kg fully geared, and my 17 enduro doesnt like that, even with psi close to the max I am with a 40%sag, and makes the bike very easy to bottom out.

So, I am in the market for a new bike, needs to be a 29er, boost, I prefer the alloy ones, I have a budget of 3.5 to 4k, I think I need a bike with a longer stroke shock, the one in the enduro is 216x57, hope you can help me, and I am happy to be back, cheers

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 8:07 Quote
Antidote getting away from the gloss clear over carbon and going to a more muted black coat is a big improvement. I also like that they've adopted a slightly more organic design to the tubes oh and 29" is baller.

The geometry is interesting too. 641mm ETT on the Large, with only a 480mm reach mean they aren't going too wild with the steep seat angles and mimicing Santa Cruz's geo.

I wonder what the Carbonjack 29 will weigh?

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
Not sure how well the inline coils will handle big guy/heavy bike/ aggressive rider combo. I was having issues with my the inline coil I had for a few rides as a loaner shock fading towards the end of longer runs.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:21 Quote
fleon12 wrote:
Hi to everyone in the forum, after more than a year out of pinkbike I am a little loose into the enduro escene, this post is because I want to get a new bike, I am like 120kg fully geared, and my 17 enduro doesnt like that, even with psi close to the max I am with a 40%sag, and makes the bike very easy to bottom out.

So, I am in the market for a new bike, needs to be a 29er, boost, I prefer the alloy ones, I have a budget of 3.5 to 4k, I think I need a bike with a longer stroke shock, the one in the enduro is 216x57, hope you can help me, and I am happy to be back, cheers

What you really need is a bike with a lower leverage ratio. When evaluating your options, divide the travel by the stroke of the shock. Limit yourself to ... let's say 2.5 or less - the lower, the better.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
Hello, I'm a french student at sports management school in Paris. With an other student of my school, we made a marketing case on practice of mountain bike in England. we would like to know if you agree to post our questionnaire on your page and have people respond to it ? (Thank you for your attention and sorry for my English)

https://forms.gle/81fzCiEzo2LUYwP18

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
Circe wrote:
More info on that Antitode please. God damn thats hot!

I havent worked with them since 2016 so this is all from public sources (comments in italics from me):

Custom carbon layup
Unique sideways shock access
FDS damping platform
Carbon Vectran composite monocoque front triangle
Carbon Vectran swingarm
Golden ratio geometry no idea what this means
Water bottle ready Old model didnt have this
Handmade in Poland

Wheel size: 29″ old was 27.5 only
FDS Suspension
Rear Travel 150 mm old was 165mm
Recomended fork 160-170 mm old frame compatible with up to 180mm
12 x 148mm rear spacing new
Threaded BB or press fit 92
2.6″ tire clearance
Sizes: S, M, L, XL
Lifetime warranty for first owner

GEOMETRY

“Golden Ratio Geometry” is the best overall geometry that we have ever designed. Why? Because the proportions between the front and rear triangles are most effective for the type of riding the Carbonjack is designed for. Our special balance distribution between the „Front Center” to „Chainstay” means better rider mass distribution, it doesn’t matter whether you are climbing or descending. The new Carbonjack geometry gives the rider confidence to progress.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
morewhitenoise wrote:
Golden ratio geometry no idea what this means

Front-centres are getting longer, so they made the rear-centre (chainstays) quite long. Same length across all sizes, though, so it's hardly a "golden ratio". I agree rear-centres should get a bit longer as front-centres get longer, but it's bizarre they made this into a major marketing point and mention it throughout the product verbiage.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
But, but, but, it's pretty

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 14:07 Quote
Who makes mid-travel bikes with the shortest reach these days? I need a large frame but I always end up running a 35mm length stem because my arms are fairly short.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
Ibis feels short to me. I ride a medium Patrol, test rode a large Ripmo AF and it didn’t feel big at all.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
Pivot's bikes always seem short to me

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
Ibis’s are pretty short, the Evils that are super cheap right now are also pretty short too.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
seraph wrote:
Who makes mid-travel bikes with the shortest reach these days? I need a large frame but I always end up running a 35mm length stem because my arms are fairly short.

Both my Knolly Delirium and Endorphin feel short. By the numbers I thoroughly would’ve needed a 30mm stem but I am running 50mm on both

The Fugitive LT is 135 and 29”

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019348
Mobile Version of Website